Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #24: The Dance

- Turmoil in the camp. Events have taken an unexpected turn. Penelo and Velis seem to be getting closer with each passing day. The two seem perfect for each other - and I do have an eye for these things. Poor Vaan... -

- Vaan fumes as Velis and Penelo spend more and more time alone together. Then, one night Velis asks Penelo to join him outside the ship.

Soundtrack: Sad (White Room)

"You said you had something important to tell me. What is it?"

"Penelo... I'm glad to have met you."

"What's going on?"

"If I hadn't met you, I don't know what would have happened to me."

"Listen, and believe."

Soundtrack: Suspicion (Auditory Hallucination)

"But he said he's... dead."

"If he's dead, how can he still be here?"

"This isn't the kind of thing you should joke about."

Soundtrack: Boss Battle 3 (Esper Battle)

Soundtrack: Boss Battle 3 (Esper Battle)

"You wished to find me, did you not?"

"You can't be... Mydia?"

"I know not. I set aside my name long ago."

"What were you doing in that cave?"

"Setting free a soul."

Soundtrack: Boss Battle 2 (Desperate Fight)

"The Yarhi are rent from the World of Illusion."

"This creature - Velis is gone, Penelo."

- Objective: Stop Velis! Penelo must survive. -

Penelo cannot be used in this battle. She must be protected, in a similar way to how Velis was protected last mission. I cannot recommend Carbuncle highly enough. If you've been unlocked Fire or Earth espers to use, Carbuncle should be close on the Ring of Pacts.

Soundtrack: Boss Battle 2 (Desperate Fight) continues.

"I can't... I won't!"

"If Velis is really dead, then he doesn't belong here."

"I don't want to be strong. I just want to be left alone..."

"Then it's up to us!"

Llyud becomes valuable as a healer. His newest Gambit, Transfuse, will consume some of his HP to heal an ally.

There are multiple foraging points to help deal with the difficulties of not having a healer.

There is also a soul crystal. Our foes do not have one, only we do. This also helps us cope without a healer, although the fact it spawns you aways away from Penelo means that you shouldn't rely on it.

First, I take out the wolves to the south. With Flying Espers, they fall quickly.

The wolves to the north get the same treatment.

Next is the Atomos. Kytes Firaga almost kills them in one blow, and Lamia also obliterate them.

For these guys, I lure them into attacking me, rather than attacking them. Behind them are Velis and the Judge of Wings, if you can deal with the miscellaneous espers without making those two aggressive, it's a lot easier.

Around this time, some wolves spawn to the south. They beeline to Penelo, so it's important to take them out ASAP. Keep an eye on the map to see when they spawn!

The Judge of Wings chased me over here, but decided to stab a Carbuncle to death. After the wolves are dead, go after her.

"Imperfect... incomplete."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"May destruction rain upon this land. The power of the auraliths will soon be mine. And Ivalice awaits...

The Judge of Wings vanishes. Leaving only one dot left on the map.

Soundtrack: Balthier's Theme (Destiny)

"Please, Vaan! That's Velis, I know it is!"

"Penelo..."

"Let me."

"The Judge of Wings is right. We aegyl are not complete. We lack the heart that makes you humes whole."

"But, I don't - "

"I cannot even understand why you cry."

"Llyud, no..."

Soundtrack stops (Sad resumes after Tomaj's log ends)

- While the others had their fun under the moon and stars, yours truly was up all night fixing the airship. Thanks to me, we can say good-bye to this island forever. Sometimes I wonder if they appreciate all I go through. -

"I want you to dance for me."

"What?"

Soundtrack: Theme of Love (Ai no Theme)

"I'm sorry. This is no time for laughter."

"What?"

"It's not just the aegyl, but even the sky pirates that have come here, too. If it weren't for Rikken, who knows what would've happened to them by now."

"But what could make something like that happen?"

"But that doesn't mean it's impossible."

"Or maybe we'll lose it forever."

"If one of us forgets what's really important, it's up to the rest to remind him!"

"Vaan's right. Even if it means reminding us something we might rather forget."

"If that's what it comes to, we won't let you forget what really matters! If we stick together, we'll be all right."

"Vaan. I believe this is the right time to say... thank you."

"Good news, everyone!"

Soundtrack: Main Theme 2

"The airship's up and running again!"

We're just a couple of kids in too deep, so next time, we'll ask Balthier to solve all our problems! Right? :ohdear:

ok Amazing fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread