Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ok Amazing posted:

Just as a point of discussion, I'd like to ask if anyone has any speculation on what's going on, including storywise, and pertaining to certain characters (like, what's going on with Balthier or the Judge of Wings or Llyud or stuff)? I'll be bowing out of any speculation talk, because as somebody who's played this game before, anything I could say would muddy the discussion. But I'd still be interested in reading it, and those who haven't played the game can chat among themselves and stuff.

Well, we saw a "vision" of Balthier confronting the Judge of Wings a while ago, and him getting blasted or some such. So we're probably supposed to be thinking that he's being mind-controlled into evil, but my guess is that's a red herring.

I think this is just a case of "character knows crucial plot information but refuses to just share it for no good reason besides narrative convenience." I'm sure there's a TV Trope for that, but I don't know what it is. So yes, Balthier probably knows that the crystals are suppressing the Aegyl's emotions to keep them subservient, and the only way to liberate them is to destroy the crystals- but he won't just come out and say that until Designated Plot Twist Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread