Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #33: Reminiscence

Soundtrack: Field 2 - Battle 2 (State of Urgency) The intro before battle uses the field theme.

"Vaan's here in the forest, too, right?"

"He's useless on his own."

"(laugh)"

"I hope we find him soon."

- Objective: Find Vaan. All allies must survive. -

The flowers here remind me of the switches mechanic we saw early in the game.

There is no preparation screen for this battle. Vaan has the Cache, Vaan has the espers, and we don't have Vaan.

The hard boarders between segments of the map signify where walls of vines are. The flowers on the vines signify which flower you need to interact with in order to lower the vines, and get through them.

There's ...something up to the north, where the yellow arrow on the map points to. This feels like our goal, so I guess we'll head up there.

Right now, where we're standing, there is a treasure chest nearby. I didn't think we'd find our first treasure in this mission so soon.

"Not much of a treasure. Just some musty ol' book."

"Hmm."

"Might as well take it, just in case."

"You're not supposed to say that! Vaan is!"

"Oops! My mistake!"

The treasure chest contained a Connoisseur's Guide, a weapon's crafting recipe book. And this conversation sounds similar to the conversation we had when we found the first recipe book. We didn't even know Llyud back then, and now, it's hard to imagine things without him.

Interacting with the flower lowers the corresponding vines. Opening one set of vines closes another. As we step through the gate of vines just opened, Filo and Kytes get impatient when it comes to finding Vaan.

To the west, we found a golden yellow flower, which opens another set of vines. All our foes in this level are basic espers, as with the last battle. This battle is a lot less lethal, since we can utilise our strength in numbers from the start.

"You don't think anything happened to him, do you?"

"He wouldn't just leave us behind... would he?"

"You know Vaan. He'd never leave any of us when we're in trouble."

"I know."

"That's right!"

"That doesn't mean he won't get a good scolding when we find him!"

After a bit more of a walk, Llyud decides to share his thoughts to Penelo.

"I feel a pain in my chest, as though a spear has pierced my heart."

"You miss Vaan... don't you? When you lose something - someone - important to you, that's how you feel."

"I see. So even in loss, there is something to be found."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were making a joke."

Finding another pink rose, it lowers the last gate of vines.

Finally, we reach the ghostly figure to the north.

Soundtrack: Genjyunomori (Eruyt Village)

"Where is he?"

"Vaaaaan!"

"Vaan?"

"Vaan!"

"We must will it. I, too, wish to find him."

"You do?"

"We'll wait for you up there, Penelo."

Soundtrack: Theme of Love (Ai no Theme)

"But you don't have to face those doubts alone."

"So if that's what you're worried about, don't. I'm used to it."

"But it never lasts, because I know you're with me."

Next time, we find another familiar face in the World of Illusion, one who has a new plea for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread