Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #44: Wayward Soul

New logbook entry:

Inferno
  • When I first heard there were people living on the volcano, I couldn't believe my ears. I can only imagine how reclusive the ancient viera must have been to choose such a place. How could anyone live like that?
    - Tomaj

Roda Volcano has changed into the Feol Warren on our world map.

Soundtrack: Airship 1 (Near the Water)

"Yeah, the viera that live here aren't so lucky."

"They are bound to the earth. Their suffering must be great. Sometimes it is a cruel thing that we should feel. The suffering of others becomes our own."

"Is this village really all that bad off?"

Well, judging by what Tomaj himself just wrote in the logbook, yeah probably.

"Nobody could live in a place like that!"

Up on the sky saloon, our party members who aren't down on the bridge (and Larsa) have new things to say as well.

Soundtrack: Airship 2 (Secret Practice)

"I had heard that no race would call such a place home. (sigh)"

"Ironic that the source of their umbrage should be so dangerous."

"The Judge of Wings - answers wait for us there."

"The sooner we have this work behind us, the better."

Well, he's right. Let's get going. Before heading off, now would be a good time to upgrade your equipment for the next fight, it's a tough one.

- Wayward Soul: The Exiled fled the Wood and settled among the crags and defiles of the
volcano. Vaan and the others now watch as the Judge of Wings prepares to mete out justice to the viera of her former home.

Soundtrack: Dungeon 4 Battle (An Imminent Threat)

"Mydia... please!"

After witnessing the extinction of a race, we're in a fight for our lives now. Remember the lessons from last mission, and this will... still be fairly difficult, but more manageable. Bring Kytes again, and bring Llyud and Penelo. They both have raise, and if Penelo falls this battle will become a lot harder, so they can mutually raise each other. Also, bring along Bombs for something later.

Watch a video of the battle here.

I said that you'd be getting video of more interesting or significant fights, didn't I? Well, this fight is both of those, so here you go!

Soundtrack: Field 4 - Battle 4 (Rebellion)

Our team is all over the place regarding type, so our starting espers aren't that good.

Luckily, there's a summoning gate to the northeast that's got nothing much in it's way, so we'll capture that and get some better espers. The northmost summoning gate is where Chaos is.

Rather that just dismiss the bombs, we'll have them self-destruct on some foes while capturing the gate.

Once captured, rather than going to Chaos, we're going to clear out the southwest summoning gate.

On the way, take out the lamia before the wyvern, as Confuse is more dangerous right now.

There's not much down here, it's mostly just to nab the gate and a bit more treasure.

(I send a few bombs out to take down some foes near to Chaos, but they end up being ineffective.)

I never use this summoning gate except for this one time, so i'm capturing it to stop foes from spawning.

After defeating some easy enemies, a bit of Adermite is your reward. This material can only be found in Roda Volcano, so it's pretty rare!

On our way over to Chaos, some Bombs spawn. They can still be taken down easily by Kytes, but you have to keep your eyes peeled. Make sure you take out Bombs before they use self-destruct!

Before Chaos, there are some Lamia. Get rid of them before you even consider taking on Chaos, as being Confused when trying to beat Chaos is a recipe for disaster.

If you can, take them out without provoking Chaos, have a rest break to build your forces, and go for Chaos then.

Me, however, I don't manage to avoid provoking Chaos.

Keep healing actively, don't use a kamikaze strategy.

Try to be in good standing when Chaos falls, all party leaders alive, a few Espers too.

Like Filo, Kytes can miss being around to collect his gambit here. But, I brought Kytes, so here it is.

Soundtrack: Boss Battle 3 (Esper Battle)

"Look inside yourself. Don't you see Velis there? The man who loves you?"

"..."

"Velis wouldn't want any of this. You have to know that!"

And this is why you want to be in good standing after Chaos falls. You now have to deal with the Judge of Wings, and she's a lot meaner.

The wyvern she summoned during the cutscene aren't for show. Luckily, Kytes can take them out in one hit. While doing that, begin to summon some bombs...

Rather than butt heads with the Judge of Wings, we're going to send bombs over the lava to bomb her.

With bombs and wyvern both being weak to everything Kytes does, you're going to be micromanging him a lot.

There's a lot he has to deal with. Try to get some Bombs over to the Judge of Wings to stall her, if you leave her alone for too long she'll walk her way over to your party, and her attacks HURT.

Vaan's Quickening, Pyrochasm, proves to be a good method of crowd control too.

Once the mess is gone, it's time to focus entirely on bombing the Judge of Wings.

Using your Astral crystals to make Bombs more hardy is a good idea.

The Judge of Wings can do things like... this. That's overkill for bombs really. Sending in a bunch at once and slipping self-destructs in between her cool down times is the only way to get a hit in. Don't slouch! At the same time, she's spawned more bombs. Bombs vs Bombs, get Kytes to take care of them as usual.

Eventually, enough will get hits in and...

A fitting end to the Judge of Wings? Well, it's an end, let's leave it at that.

Soundtrack: Sad (White Room)

"Why not run? And why throw away the Stone?"

"They will not know the sorrows I have."

Soundtrack: Title Demo (Loop Demo)

"One day we will live among the clouds."

"But until then, you cannot leave. None of us can. Do you understand?"

"It is an ancient text of our people. Take it."

- I left our village - left my mother. The world beyond the village was a place filled with wonder I had not imagined. And then I met Velis, a man wonderful beyond imagining. -

- There was a spot just outside Southgate where we would wait for each other. It was our spot. Rabanastre was a grand city, with a thousand things to do and see. -

- To share these wonders with her. -

"What's this big news you've to tell me?"

"I'm going to join the Dalmascan army."

"So that you can live in a world free of tyranny and fear."

"And when I'm back, you can take me to visit your family."

- The war ended, and I waited. But he never came back. I was alone. -

- A fairy tale of my people - of the Feol viera. -

"And from his back great wings spread to blot out the sun."

- Why should I not believe them? -

- A warmth that wrapped itself about me and filled me from within. I had found my true home. I knew he would accept me, save me, in spite of all I had done. I would share with him the love I could not share with my mother. And so I went in search of the sky. -

Soundtrack: Theme of Love (Ai no Theme)

"But what you did... How could you just give yourself over to him?"

"But he could not hear me. He had grown deaf to such pleas."

"Feolthanos was the leader of the aegyl, once."

"And how can he still be alive after all these years?"

"Feolthanos is bound by a magick that grants him eternal life. Free him from it. End his suffering."

"To live without one's anima is not truly to live."

"Thank you."

"All of this is Feolthanos's fault."

"But how?"

"You sense it, too."

Next time, we follow her anima.

ok Amazing fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread