Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ok Amazing
Apr 7, 2012

Final Fantasy Job Faire
Update #6 Auracite and the Yarhi

- You can return to the airship at any time to outfit your party or talk to your companions. Revisit cleared areas to engage in melee battles and hone your skills. Visit areas with mission flags to advance the story. -

You know, we should return to the airship now, because we now have access to...

...the Ship's Log!

Soundtrack: Airship 1 (Near the Water)

It's mostly just a big book of flavour text. Four flavours of text, in fact!

The Mission List is a summary of all the missions we've done thusfar. We can also discover there are a total of 81 in the game. Neat!

The Recipe Library is where we can view the contents of that book we got last mission. At a glance, this looks like an item crafting system, so I guess it would be ok for me to come out and say it's for an item crafting system that will be unlocked a bit further into the game. As usual, you'll get the specifics when it comes up. But it looks like there's a new item in there for everyone!

The Folio features worldbuilding words, about characters, locations, and terminology. All the entries in the folio have a purely informative "History" tab. Then, the "Lore" tab which gives information from the point of view of a character in the world, and features trivia mostly.

The Logbook is the diary everyone agreed to keep in the first mission of Chapter 2. This is entirely lighthearted bonus character building stuff. It's cute, funny, and helps you get to know the cast.

Folio

The Sky Continent of Lemurés
  • History: Common term for a heretofore uncharted archipelago of purvama floating high above Ivalice. Separated from the outside world by a great barrier of Mist, its people retain a unique culture born of many years of isolation. The only mention of Lemurés is in sky pirate legends and folklore.
  • Lore: Whilst studying the effects of the Mist release in Draklor's great experiment these days past, a curious piece of news came to me by way of a sky pirate. He tells me a new continent has been discovered. This warrants further investigation.
    - An Antiquarian's Musings

The Aegyl
  • History: The winged race which inhabits Lemurés. With the notable exception of said wings, they are otherwise much like humes in appearance, though they are much shorter lived-a mere forty years. The aegyl shun conflict, and are in fact slow to show emotion of any sort.
  • Lore: On the Aegyl
    These dwellers of the lost sky continent are singular among races for their short span of life and unexcitable nature. We shall endeavor to unlock their secrets.
    - Royal Society of Anthropology

Vaan
  • History: Reluctant leader of a group of orphans in Rabanastre's Lowtown. Vaan had long dreamed of becoming a sky pirate before the Fates took matters into their own hands, placing him alongside Balthier in the midst of a great war and setting him down the path to making his dream a reality.
  • Lore: Traveling with Ashe and Balthier changed my life. It changed everything. And Penelo, well... Wait, what were we talking about?
    - Vaan

Penelo
  • History: Orphaned when her family was killed in the war with the Empire, Penelo is Vaan's closest friend. Following Vaan on his misadventures, Penelo keeps him out of trouble as best she can. A dancer since she was very young, Penelo fills her companions with cheer and hope when all seems lost.
  • Lore: What trouble have those two gotten themselves into this time?? If they think they're too old to be worried after, they're quite mistaken! Bah! So long as they're all right, I'm sure I'll manage to forgive them -- after a good and proper scolding!
    - Migelo

Kytes
  • History: Young orphan from Rabanastre's Lowtown. Kytes had always looked up to Vaan as though he were his older brother, even sharing his dream of becoming a sky pirate. When Vaan returned from his struggle against the Empire, Kytes began studying magick to become a sky pirate in earnest.
  • Lore: At first I thought I'd try fighting the way Vaan does. You know, swords, daggers, those kinds of things. But it wasn't really for me. That's when I started studying magick. Only problem is, I haven't had much time to keep my lock picking up...
    - Kytes

Filo
  • History: Young orphan from Rabanastre's Lowtown. A friend of Kytes and many children in Lowtown, Filo's Buccaneer's Brigade drilled long hours hoping to one day become sky pirates.
  • Lore: I could never get the hang of weapons or magick, but I really like these skybandits. Nobody's keeping me out of a good fight!
    - Filo

Tomaj
  • History: Barman at the Sandsea, a lively tavern in Rabanastre. Tomaj is also a member of Clan Centurio, always keeping an eye out for promising young adventurers to recruit into the clan. He prefers work behind the scenes to the battlefield, putting his experience at the Skysea to use securing supplies.
  • Lore: It wasn't all that long ago I was watching Vaan and the rest running errands for Migelo. I miss those days...
    - Tomaj

Llyud
  • History: A warrior of the winged aegyl race. Most aegyl avoid contact with outsiders, but Llyud's curious nature has led him to join Vaan and his companions on their travels. Many aegyl now call him traitor and heretic for this choice.
  • Lore: Llyud has always stood out from the others. He would travel from island to island,ever curious. Now he's even fallen in with sky pirates. Say what you will about that, he's always been reliable. There's no warrior i'd rather have at my side.
    - Acquaintance of Llyud

Logbook

First!
  • Well, I guess I'll go first. Here we are on a sky continent, and nobody knows what we'll find. It's pretty exciting! I just hope everyone remember to keep the log going!
    -Kytes

First Encounter
  • Today we met one of the people who live on the sky continent. He's an aegyl named Llyud, and he doesn't talk much at all. I think he may have something against sky pirates.
    -Kytes

No Manners
  • That aegyl is so rude! Never says 'hello', never says 'thanks'... never says anything! What trouble did we cause to deserve this?
    -Filo
  • You cause trouble in your own way, Filo. Just kidding! Don't be mad.
    -Kytes

From now on, at the start of each update, i'll post the new Folio and Ship's Log entries. There's usually not this many new entries, so no more big chucks of reading like this from here on out.

Now lets see what everyone on the airship has to say, before heading on to our next mission.

"Don't forget to make one yourself, or you'll never hear the end of it from Penelo. So... is this all there is to being a sky pirate?"

"Only now with the barrier down, sky pirates are havin' a field day up here."

"Sounds about right."

"So how'd this barrier get here in the first place?"

"I don't know, but there's not much use worryin' about it now."

"Fly first, ask questions later. Words for a sky pirate to live by!"

"Why?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, we never expected to find anybody out here."

"Here we are born, and here we live and die. There is no 'why' to it."

"Yeah, I guess. So now that the barrier's down, do you think you'll ever visit Ivalice?"

"The world beyond Lemurés holds no interest for the aegyl."

"That answers that."

"What!?"

"We're gonna give back the treasure?"

"Of course we are, don't be silly. It belongs to the aegyl -- why shouldn't we give it back?"

"The contents of those chests are aegyl offerings made to the gods to keep Lemurés safe. If we use these treasures to defend my land, surely no aegyl could voice complaint."

"Sounds like we've got a license to plunder!"

"You're incorrigible, Filo."

"Ah, right, you missed all the excitement. Long story short, this place is getting overrun by sky pirates. We offered to lend a hand, help clean up the place."

"That doesn't exactly answer my question..."

"I'm sure you'll be up to speed in no time. Maybe you can even help us hunt down some of these sky pirates."

"No time. My hands are full running the Good Ship Tomaj."

"It's the Gilgamesh!"

- Auracite and the Yarhi. Clan Gilgamesh springs into action to rescue the aegyl Llyud. But they're in for a fight -- the sky pirates invading Lemures have arrived in force. -

Soundtrack: Field 2 - Battle 2(State of Urgency) The Battle part of the song is playing during the intro cutscene.

"Ah, you must mean the Yahri that accompany them."

"Well, whatever you call 'em, where do they come from?"

"The power of the auracite gives them form."

: "It is clear they seek the auracite."

- Objective: Defeat all enemy leaders! At least one ally must survive. -

"Yeah, I think we've got those gates figured out."

The field is fairly straightfoward, with material nodes right at the start! As suggested by the last cutscene, taking control of the summoning gate, while collecting the treasures here at the start, is first off.

Beyond the archway is our first foe. Once finished up in the starting area, just send everyone in.

Once an enemy party leader dies, their dazed body remains on the field. Unlike the Espers, who just vanish. The same is true of your own party members.

There is material node in the east corner here, don't forget to grab it before you fight the next guy!

Capturing the summoning gate here means summons won't have to walk all the way from the other summoning gate outside to get to here. It also means your opponents won't be able to use it! Even if you don't think you need a summoning gate, you should capture it, just so the enemy can't use it!

All the generic enemy NPC party leaders in this fight share the designs of character classes from Tactics Advance and A2. And we haven't seen the last of these designs either!

I didn't bother capturing this summoning gate here, the fight was almost over anyways. Once the last leader is dead, and our victory condition filled, anything else of our opponent's left on the field dies.

Llyud becomes my first party member with more than one ability!

Soundtrack: World Map (Cerobi Steppe)

"It is said the Yarhi are the sword given us by the Eternal when He forged this land. Using auracite, we call them from the realm of illusion to do as we bid."

"I bet that the treasure you found, the Cache of Glabados, must be a piece of auracite!"

"Auracite, yes. Yet I sense an even greater power in this Stone."

"I think it's another piece of auracite."

"It is. You can use these stones to forge new packs with the Yarhi. Take this. It is what we call a Ring of Pacts. With it you will be able to summon new Yarhi to your aid."

- You obtain the Ring of Pacts! The following selections are now available on the World Map Menu: Ring of Pacts, Espers -

Before finishing up this update, let's look at our new goodies!

Here's our menu! The Primer is where tutorials are, I won't be showing it off. As for the rest of the non-self-explanatory stuff...

Soundtrack: Vaan's Theme (The Mosphoran Highwaste) Different screens of the menu play different music. Most menus will play this tune, with the Ring of Pacts menu being the exception.

Not a new goodie: The equipment menu! Stats! Items! Weapons and Armour boost stats, and add elemental properties to characters. Accessories add buffs, protection against debuffs, and other special effects. Since accessories offer these rather than outright stat boosts, picking the right accessories for the job is interesting.

Soundtrack: Genjyunomori (Eruyt Village)

- Use the Ring of Pacts to forge pacts with new Espers and enlist them to your cause. To enlist an Esper, first touch on of the glowing yellow nodes on the Ring. Each node represents an Esper. Once you've selected an Esper, touch Enlist to forge a pact with that Esper. Forging pacts requires auracite. You can rotate the Ring by touching the slide wheel found along its edge. Remember that you must add any new Espers you've enlisted to an Esper Troupe before you'll be able to summon them during battle. -

We can unlock a few lv1 espers right now. Some are Final Fantasy mainstays, like cactuars and bombs, but there's some more out there ones too. At this stage, it's best to unlock espers as you need them, so take a look at what espers your next foes are wielding before spending Auracite willy-nilly. Auracite is in surplus, there will be more than enough Auracite to unlock everything on the Ring of Pacts, but it's uncommon enough to tread with caution for now!

White Hares provide healing though, that's always handy, so I went right ahead and made a pact with them!

There's a bit more to the Ring of Pacts, but for now, let's take a look at Esper Troupes.

- To summon Espers during battle, you must first assign them to a troupe. You can create up to three Esper troupes. Touch Modify to adjust the composition of a troupe. To enlist new Espers, touch Pacts to view the Ring of Pacts. When you've finished assigning Espers to a troupe, touch back. -

- You can assign up to five Espers to a troupe. However, an Esper cannot be of a higher rank than that indicated on its slot. -

All our slots and espers are Rank I. You get higher ranking slots as you get the higher ranking espers.

Looking good. We'll test our new troupe in battle next time!

ok Amazing fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread