Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antipersonnel Mime
Feb 27, 2011
I'd have titled the thread 'Flan are strong against magic?', given the simplistic, yet completely un-FF method that unit effectiveness is determined.

The story itself I actually enjoyed, because politics are indeed boring.

Small question, will there be a naming contest/vote for the airship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antipersonnel Mime
Feb 27, 2011
I named the ship 'SideStory' in my game, I thought I was being snarky.

I won't go into detail why just yet (not for several chapters really), but I have to say that Kytes & Tomaj are my favorite characters in the game.

Antipersonnel Mime
Feb 27, 2011
At least Dalmasca's military was prudent enough to provide boxer-briefs to it's conscripts.

Back on track, this whole arc (and some future conversations) is why I enjoyed Tomaj so much. He's breaking his back behind the scenes, arranging repairs & trying to keep this noble piracy gig afloat in the air (and not losing his head as he's at it).

Meanwhile Our Noble Captain is getting huffy that His Gal is making goo-goo eyes at someone they just met.

Unsung heroes are always more interesting to me than the ones who get the parades.

Antipersonnel Mime
Feb 27, 2011
And when Fran (whose Thing is speaking in an arcane, cryptic manner) starts acting cryptic even for her, then you know that something big's doing down.

And I don't think it's been noted yet, but as you complete side missions that are (related to/given out by) certain shops, when next you visit the shop gets a new look & better wares/prices (as evidenced by Llyud's Salvage Shop becoming an actual shop instead of being a desk and some crates), Diablo 3-style. The game is nice enough to zoom out to let you see the new digs with each upgrade.

• Locked thread