Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Injustice Year Three ended and despite being a bit too heavy on Deus Ex Machinas it was a good ending. A great one if you see this like Constantine's story.

I have to disagree. A Constantine story ends with him alone and miserable and with most of his friends dead due to him manipulating them or just due to them knowing him. He ended up happy and that should never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Injustice Year Three ended and despite being a bit too heavy on Deus Ex Machinas it was a good ending. A great one if you see this like Constantine's story.

I think the biggest offense is the amount of padding the story suffered at the end, with any luck Buccelato will be able to compensate on Year 4. It should be the final year anyways yes? Year five is when the game events happen.

The game takes place five years later, basically making it "Year Six." So we should be getting two more volumes.

In related news, here's that list I did for Den of Geek of 10 DC Characters We'd Like to See in Injustice 2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In a world where Superman is evil, Constantine can be happy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

I'm honestly still unclear why he had to involve Trigon in his plan at all? Like his plan all along was Get Mr. Mxplyxk to fight Trigon , because....? Yeah don't get it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

bobkatt013 posted:

I have to disagree. A Constantine story ends with him alone and miserable and with most of his friends dead due to him manipulating them or just due to them knowing him. He ended up happy and that should never happen.

That's one of those things about Constantine that makes me very confused about his popularity, cause I can see that being fine for one or two stories but as an ongoing thing that just sounds incredibly tedious

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Hollismason posted:

I'm honestly still unclear why he had to involve Trigon in his plan at all? Like his plan all along was Get Mr. Mxplyxk to fight Trigon , because....? Yeah don't get it.

This fight had been going for like two months so I might be forgetting something but they brought trigon in to fight superman and they didn't know that the specter was a gnome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

That's one of those things about Constantine that makes me very confused about his popularity, cause I can see that being fine for one or two stories but as an ongoing thing that just sounds incredibly tedious

Dudes a dick and he will often try to do the right thing but he pisses off the wrong people, and he uses his friends as chess pieces. Its really not and Hellblazer is worth a read.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Also, while there's definitely a "norm" he returns to, especially post Dangerous Habits, it's not like his character is entirely static. He does change and grow as the series goes along.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

His goal was to dick over Trigon since the beginning. That Mxy got also caught was just a lucky coincidence.

Gavok posted:

The game takes place five years later, basically making it "Year Six." So we should be getting two more volumes.

In related news, here's that list I did for Den of Geek of 10 DC Characters We'd Like to See in Injustice 2.

Interesting picks and you hit the nail in the head about why Jason could present an interesting angle to the story.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I guess it's kinda similar to the reasons I really dislike Punisher as a character in 616 these days(they really should have kept him as a Frankenstein it's like the only decent main continuity thing they've done with him since the early 90's)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Yeah but why was he trying to dick over Trigon?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

Yeah but why was he trying to dick over Trigon?

He was taking care of any potential threat for his daughter. By the end of year three, the only mystic alive aside of John is Zatanna.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

I guess it's kinda similar to the reasons I really dislike Punisher as a character in 616 these days(they really should have kept him as a Frankenstein it's like the only decent main continuity thing they've done with him since the early 90's)

You mean besides Garth Ennis's entire run.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He was taking care of any potential threat for his daughter. By the end of year three, the only mystic alive aside of John is Zatanna.

Trigon had also ended up with part of his soul. So this ensures that he doesn't have an extremely powerful demon looking for him while he goes to hide

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Morand posted:

Trigon had also ended up with part of his soul. So this ensures that he doesn't have an extremely powerful demon looking for him while he goes to hide

You know other than the ones that are already looking for him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What was the point of the Tangent Universe of comics, with the super-evil Black Superman, Green Lantern having a rad Chinese paper lantern and all that? I believe it came up right around the time that I started to really not care about comics and the whole series seemed pointless. Not sure if I ever even finished it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You mean the core concept of the line, or why it went the way it ended up?

The basic idea was just to take established names and make new characters based on them that had nothing to do with the original characters.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Convergence: Nightwing + Oracle opens with Justice Riders Guy and Bettle. This event might be pretty fun with Elseworld cameos.
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-preview-convergence-nightwing-and-oracle/1100-151871/

e: Cameos of them biting the dust, that is, if this and what happens to the Injustice folks here is the trend:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/convergence-1-dc-comics-2015

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 6, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Injustice annual was pretty uneven.

The Constantine story was great and help to clarify some bits of year three, but the Titans story was awful.

It retroactively made Superman an even bigger jerk just because, art was pretty mediocre, the designs of the Titans terrible and in the end it was kind of pointless. Plus, Tim's fans aren't gonna be happy with his characterization here.

The worst part? Titans was written by Buccelato :cripes:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

Convergence: Nightwing + Oracle opens with Justice Riders Guy and Bettle. This event might be pretty fun with Elseworld cameos.
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-preview-convergence-nightwing-and-oracle/1100-151871/

e: Cameos of them biting the dust, that is, if this and what happens to the Injustice folks here is the trend:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/convergence-1-dc-comics-2015

well I can tell now that there's going to be nothing in Convergence that will be of interest to me, these sort of terrible slugfests full of death and misery lost all appeal ages ago for me, and I can't see how anyone can like them, it just comes off as tedious and pointless

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Multiversity is a far better Convergence in spirit than actual Convergence is.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

McSpanky posted:

Multiversity is a far better Convergence in spirit than actual Convergence is.

:agreed:

It did remind me I have the DC One Million trade and have not read it, though, so there's a slight shimmer of a silver lining. "It reminded me there were other comics I could be reading instead" is perhaps the faintest praise it's possible to give, of course.

I would like to see more Multiversity style stuff, even if it wasn't by Grant Morrison or actually any good. I'd love to see the Love Syndicate get a proper adventure, or see the everyday life of a typical Earth-48 superhero citizen. Even some of the stuff in Convergence like "Soviet Superman fights Superman published in the 50s" would be good to see if it was done in a way that had any kind of subtext or deeper meaning at all.

vegetables fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 30, 2015

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
This thread got me curious and I google image searched Marvel Ruins!

yeeeeesh, I'm gonna go outside and play catch with my dog that poo poo was too dark for me :smith:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I got to write more What If stuff. Namely an article on every Daredevil-themed What If. I included What If Venom Possessed the Punisher, which only had Daredevil in a supporting role, because it's completely awesome.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gavok posted:

I got to write more What If stuff. Namely an article on every Daredevil-themed What If. I included What If Venom Possessed the Punisher, which only had Daredevil in a supporting role, because it's completely awesome.

I suppose What If Spiderman Had Never Become A Crimefighter is a bit tertiary for the article but I love Daredevil dealing with Peter Parker being his unasked for Paul Heyman.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mr. Maltose posted:

I suppose What If Spiderman Had Never Become A Crimefighter is a bit tertiary for the article but I love Daredevil dealing with Peter Parker being his unasked for Paul Heyman.

I can't believe I forgot that one, especially since it reuses the gag of Spider-Man making fun of Daredevil's yellow outfit as something a blind man would wear.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Injustice is loving stupid right now

moreso than usual

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

Injustice is loving stupid right now

moreso than usual

What's going on, give me the dirt.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Nah it's just as dumb as ever and it's great.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
Billy must be a PSP kid.

Gavok posted:

"Locked in your heartbeat, I sense other things - emotions, longings..."

How often do you think Matt practices those lines in front of a mirror?

(Although I guess that one isn't actually Matt. Did Danny Rand start flirting with everyone when he was Daredevil?)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

GorfZaplen posted:

What's going on, give me the dirt.

Year 4 is three issues in. The main stuff going on:

- The gods are kind of pissed that people don't worship them anymore and it seems that Ares is trying to do something about it. Ares and Batman are working together in some way. Also, Batman has a beard, probably because Injustice is a NetherRealm property.

- Catwoman's bailed on the resistance because they've kind of fallen apart.

- Montoya's become a complete alcoholic after the events of Year 3. Driven by grief, she's proceeded to take a super-pill, beat up Robin, called out Superman for a public throwdown and just ingested a handful more pills.

- Harley has grown bored and has decided to force Shazam into hanging out with her. On one hand, it makes sense that Harley would be into a handsome super dude with the mind of a child, but on the other hand, it's completely creepy.

(south.park.nice.jpg)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I miss Tom Talyor more every week.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I'm pretty certain that Brian Buccellato can't tell the difference between Batwoman and Huntress. Or he didn't realize that Taylor had them as married. Or editorial told him to sweep that under the rug.

Because Huntress died and Renee took it way too hard to the point of having to drunkenly call up old girlfriends while she and Batwoman have zero interaction. Then when Renee dies, Huntress doesn't seem to be all that affected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Won't Sinestro interfering with the duel on Superman's behalf mean he's lost? Way to go Sinestro.

• Locked thread