Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Hey gang I noticed talk of bitrates, chrome extensions and even the radio creeping on to the hallowed turf of the monthly PL thread so thought I'd make this one where you can talk about the audiovisual side of things safe in the knowledge that you're boring fewer innocent people to death.

UK-wise it's been a great year for televised foot. Exciting developments include:

• You can now miss all your favourite goals with BT Broadband - Patchy Service That Costs A Bomb(tm)
  • Now TV means you can hire Sky for 24 hours for £10 (I think) to catch the biggest games interspersed with more ads than you'd ever thought possible
  • And there has been a shake-up on MOTD. Hansen is history, Lineker does haggard interviews in profile and the latest league standings are brought to you from inside the Crystal Dome. Of course we won't be discussing that in here. MOTD and what Nikolai likes to call the Colin Murray Chuckle Hour can be debated at http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515567

Anyway if you want to expound on ESPN3, indict ITV Sport or rant about Radio 5 loving Live here's a good place to do it.
Me? I'll stick to https://www.wiziwig.tv and http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive thanks. :cheers:

e. Whoops got the bbc url wrong!

Breath Ray fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
After Arsenal became the second club to get complaints about whacking a great big camera in front of fans paying £1 a minute to watch their side, the Premier League hit back:

ESPN posted:

"The investment brought by TV companies has benefited fans in terms of facilities," a Premier League spokesman told the newspaper. "Old Trafford's capacity was 44,000 at the start of the Premier League. It is now 75,000, and even grounds like Craven Cottage are being looked at in terms of improving stands, so the camera and other media facilities will be a part of that process.

"Match-going fans are top of the 'supporter hierarchy' and that needs to be recognised."

I actually think TV-watching fans are top of the 'supporter hierarchy', and understandably so. The Emirates could lie empty week after week (and frequently does by the sound of things!) without too many problems, but cut off the TV money and we'd be back in the dark days of the 80s, when Liverpool used to win things.

Pretty cool that 'followers' from Chinese Taipei have more influence than season ticket holders.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

God I've missed him

E. Is he replacing Owen

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

DickEmery posted:

Well that's loving disgusting.

Yeah I also think Everton should be kept off our screens

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
People can change, change the channel that is, when Owen commentates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Certainly, try wiziwig.tv, choose sports, then football, then the game, then the stream

• Locked thread