Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

How do you add Star Wars Pod Racing (admittedly a really fun game) and leave out Rogue Squadron?!?

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Wrestling games aren't really my thing, but I loved the customization found in WWF War Zone and its sequel WWF Attitude.

I think only The Elder Scrolls has better create-a-character, maybe.

Both pale in comparison to WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy. poo poo was ridiculous.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

I remember calling the store multiple times waiting for Mission:Impossible to come out and I played the poo poo out of it when it did. The game kind of sucks though now that I look back at it, but as a kid, I thought it was the best thing in the world for a while.

Same. I have no idea why I was so excited for it especially since I didn't really even like the movie as a kid besides the laser shaft dealy. But man that death sound. That loving mind piercing "AHHHAHHH!" noise whenever you died. It's burned into my brain and even 13 years later I can still do that sound on a whim it was engrained into my brain that hard.

Tytan posted:

Turok 2 was probably my favourite single player game on the system. I remember my jaw dropping the first time I blew a hole through an enemy with the shotgun. If only my stupid third-party memory pack didn't corrupt my saved game twice. :argh:

Also the cerebral bore is probably the best weapon in any game, ever.

I knew I was going to love Turok 2 when playing that first dock level and i've got the bow out and a lizard man jumps me, I freak and shoot an arrow wildly watching it impale the back of his throat and he falls hacking out green blood. Fuckin' awesome. And yes, nothing beats the Cerebral Bore for most 'gently caress off' weapon.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Rocketlex posted:

So we've talked about forgotten good games and infamous bad games, but what about the middle of the road? What about the utter average? The games forgotten by the sands of time for their pure, unadulterated mediocrity?

FIGHTING FORCE 64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game along with Nightmare Creatures probably had so many demo discs for the playstation version they probably fill up it's own sand trap somewhere near the ET landfill. The game, which was originally supposed to be Streets of Rage 4, is a 3D beat em' up much in the same vein and suffers TONS from the early 3D game spacial orientation while shooting thing, especially when you'd pick up a handgun and fire off all 5 shots missing every one only to throw it after and nail a goon straight in the head. All in all though it was a fun goofy beat em' up that scratches that itch if you're feeling it and was especially neat at the time for letting you beat up pretty much anything in the levels and make weapons out of them, including an engine block if you were the heavy character BEN "SMASHER" JACKSON!

I mean look at this guy. He's so serious he has an image of his own face in his bicep. The guy clearly means business.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Also, here's a silly little test that claims to pick the perfect N64 game for you:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/what-classic-n64-game-are-you

This test is dumb. I picked all the poo poo I would pick and got Goldeneye. I picked all the poo poo I would never pick and got Kobe Bryant NBA Courtside. Those were my first two games for the N64 and I loved them both. Test is bullshit. :colbert:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

This piece of poo poo literally fell apart in my hands while I was playing a game.

Ugh, I have nightmares of being stuck with that one because nobody else would put up with it. loving terrible.

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Arcade Shark by Interact

Ahahaha, what?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Synthetic Hermit posted:

And lastly, my Top 15 non-Nintendo/Rareware/Star Wars titles!

Whoa whoa whoa... Attitude but not No Mercy or even Wrestlemania 2000?!? Were you drunk?

• Locked thread