Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was actually thinking about the N64 the other day when I cleaned out the basement. I loved it as a kid but all I can think about now is how the hell I ever thought those weird controller shapes were comfortable. I tried holding one and it felt utterly bizzare compared to a normal controller. I'm not even sure what the proper way to hold it is anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So how many of you played Glover? I remember playing that game a ton but never beating it because a save game glitch kept deleting my progress. I think it was a pretty fun game, certainly one that I spent a ton of time on. None of my friends had it though and it seems mostly forgotten.

The obnoxious music from the second world is permanently burned into my brain from replaying it so much.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Yoshi Jjang posted:

I managed to have a 4-player game in Banjo-Tooie. With friends who haven't even played it before. How did I do that? I'll never know. :iiam: The Tower of Tragedy portion must've been really awkward for them.

And I just know that I'll never be able to do it again. :eng99:

A big part of my childhood was huddling around our small TV with my 3 brothers and playing tons of games. I don't know how mnay hours we sunk into games like Mario Party and Bomberman 64, but it was awesome. It does kind of bum me out that I'm never gonna get to experience that again. I still play games with my youngest brother but I'd have a hard time getting all my brothers into one room these days, let alone playing a game with them.

EDIT 2: Rayman 2 and Chameleon Twist 2 were also games I played a ton but never beat due to the save files not working. I seemed to have a lot of trouble with that on reflection. All I really remember about Chameleon Twist 2 is that one of the bosses is a Walrus mixed with a monster truck which was weird as hell.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 4, 2013

• Locked thread