Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
For the curious, Rolling Stone is streaming Vapor Trails Remixed right now: http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/rush1.html

It's like a completely different album, and I think it's pretty freaking great. There's much better balance to the drums, you can make out the harmonies in the backing vocals, and the guitar parts are clear instead of a being a big mushy mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

CaptainYesterday posted:

"A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission" is the worst line Peart has ever written, and I stand by this.

I'll see your "Mission" and raise you "Dog Years".

As far as the Vapor Trails remix, there's really only one place I miss the "muddiness" so far. There's the guitar solo in Secret Touch, at about 3:55 where Alex is just hammering on these aggressive harmonics. It's pushed back in the mix now, and the bass is much more prominent. There's also this new fuzzy bass distortion in Peaceable Kingdom which I don't really like (yet). Other than, I love everything I've heard.

Stryder fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 28, 2013

• Locked thread