Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Goddamn Atalanta is going to mess up anyone not in cover it is not even funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Sephyr posted:

She's going to make Zero-V smoke see a lot more use, yes. But she also has no real defenses, not even a bit of mimetism. Any good link team with a missile or rocket launcher can smoke her out easily.

It's probably the local meta, but we don't see -as- many sectorials in good ol' Victoria, Australia. Or, at least, links a HMG Garuda can't solve. :getin:

(I gotta stop using him, he's becoming a crutch for me.)

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 31, 2013

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I typically play with the lads at WGoL in the northern suburbs, as I go to La Trobe for uni. Apart from that, Hampton Gaming club's pretty great, Noakes is a top bloke.

I also run an annual tournament called Total Reaction in January, which is veteran and beginner friendly. I also work in Mind Games in the CBD, and will gladly talk your ear off with game theory and such in store.

game theory can be pretty summarised as achilles impersonators hmgs

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm working right now.

RIGHT.

NOW.

:getin:

I'm Chris. If you see me on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday I can probably set you up with a 10-15% discount.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 31, 2013

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

Oh cool! I mainly chat to Dan and John, but I'll totally say hi next time I see you. Great store, love the way infinity is now in the old 40k slot.

Yes, my invisible hand pulled the strings on that one because I'm incredibly biased. Also I spent ages doing it before anyone could correct me.

Cataphract posted:

I think I've met you the times I've been down for comedy festival.

Yes! I commented about your forum Logie post then promptly felt like a spaz because you probably get that sorta celebrity nagging stuff a lot. How was Galaxy Trucker?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

For example:

The Lasiq chooses to shoot in her ARO while the HMG is not in cover. The Hassassin Lasiq is BS12 base, and as the HMG is out of cover, the Lasiq has one shot needing a 15 or less.

The HMG is firing at a Hassassin Lasiq in cover, and for this example, the HMG will be BS11. Due to cover, they are at -3, but as a sniper rifle and a HMG have similar range bandings, the HMG was also inside a good banding, meaning the +3/-3 effectively cancel each other out, so the HMG's target number is 11.

Both fire, and there are several outcomes:

First, the Lasiq rolls greater than 11 but under 15 - unless the HMG rolls a Crit, all his shots will be canceled by the greater success. The HMG has to make lots of BTS saves and dies horribly because man gently caress Lasiqs.

The Lasiq rolls greater than ten but less than 15, and the HMG rolls a Crit - the lasiq's shot is canceled by the Crit, but because her shot is 'better' than the rest of the HMG spray, the excess shots are negated.

The Lasiq rolls a 3. The HMG rolls a 10, a 15, a 2 and a 7. The Lasiq's 3 negates the HMG's 2, the 15 misses entirely, but the 10 and 7 beat the Lasiq's 3 and she has to make two armour saves.

If the Lasiq misses, then she will have to make a number of saves equal to how many of the HMG shots succeed.

If the Lasiq crits, because her Crit 'target' is higher, even if the HMG crits with all 4 of its shots, the shots are all negated, as higher crits trump lower crits just like normal shots.

I really enjoy this shooting system. :blush:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The great thing about Infinity is that it's one of the most well-balanced games I've ever played. Most factions can be built to do most things, some better than others. Given that each sectorial adds a new way to play a faction, it may be easier if you you list a playstyle/s you had in mind, and we could throw recommendations at you until you finally agree that the ALEPH has your best interests at heart, and it's time to upgrade to posthuman, disposable tool valued citizen!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hey Australian infinity goons - I'm running my tournament, Total Reaction, for the second year. The guy who won with an Avatar last year has promised to take Shasvastii this time, too! :v:

The worst part is I did a hella cool interview for it in Forward Observer - Then Paul gave up on it and didn't publish it.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm running an Infnity tournament this coming Sunday, and I'm really quite pleased with the Mission Briefing sheets I stole shamelessly from X-Com created myself.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hortism posted:

Just saw something on Facebook and connected the dots, is this for Total Reaction down at La Trobe?

That's us. I'm the TO! Combined Army led by Sheskin took the day, and by all accounts the most popular mission was the following:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hortism posted:

Ah, really wanted to go, but didn't match up with my schedule and La Trobe is a fair way away.

Though I thought I saw there was another one in September?

Yup, we're just coordinating which date in September it is now :)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

We've actually really been enjoying lower point games at WGoL of late. It presents a whole new host of difficulties, and the listbuilding factor of 'Which toys can I afford?' seems to result in people making more considered plays when a unit at 300 is not as crucial element at 200. Also every other show in town tends to be 300, and variety is the spice of wargaming life!

We are still trying to get it bumped up to 250 and still be official, in fairness. C'mon, CB. Let me have this. I promise to run a 400 point one another time.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

It's why Ajax is so hilarious. Natural Born Warrior AND Berzerk?

If only Close Combat was an attainable thing...

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

To encourage people to paint some biz for my ITS in September, I'm doing a small Frenchies army.

FORCE DE RR MEROVINGIENNE
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 0 0

ANACONDA Spitfire + Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / CCW. (2 | 62)
OPERATOR Spitfire / Pistol, Knife.
ALGUACIL Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
DOZER Rifle, Akrylat-Kanone / Pistol, Knife. (19)
MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (8)
MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (8)
MÉTRO Rifle, Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
MÉTRO HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
MOBLOT Lieutenant Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (28)
CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)

4 SWC | 200 Points

Open with Army 4

In reality I just want an excuse to do hairspray weathering on an Anaconda.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Sneaky Homunculus posted:

Please, link or post all of these missions. Looks more interesting than YAMS and not as stringent as ITS.

Belatedly, but:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Always love to see a painted Infinity force.

Are you gonna zap them with some dullcoat as a final step?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I like the models.

However, the huge buff-ness and red skin tone puts me in mind of the new Orcs in World of Warcraft.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm not a bad Infinity player, but my usual Haqq opponent dismantles me every game. It's almost surgical how his tools take apart my ALEPH, and I'm starting to feel powerless. Guess there's nothing for it but more games, though!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Fix posted:

What's his list? I'm sure we can get you something rolling to make him adapt to you for a change.

Usually in appearance are Kum Bikes, Muttuiah, Djanbazan, Fiday, Ragik HMG and Lasiqs. The Muttuiahs and Bikes are nearly always represented, and the others come as a blend. Today it was Djanbazan, Fiday and Lasiq, along with an Al'hawa, Tarik, several Naffutun and Yasbir.

I can normally put down a few models, but it never seems to be quite enough to change the flow of the game.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 24, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I've been finding playing -too- defensively won't work, because it gives the Muttuiah and Kum Bikers run of the board - and Impetuous E-Marats and Chain Rifles tend to see off most my fragile and heavy stuff alike. Normal play will be Kums launching Smoke, Djannies seeing off anything that holds a commanding position, then the Template Times begin.

We usually play with enough density that the first impetuous order might not bring them into the open.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Deviant posted:

"Huh, I should get some more ALEPH models."

*still doesn't fully know rules*

But look at that Asura with Spitfire. She calls to you. She wants a paintjob, and to shoot some camo markers dead.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Deviant posted:

Look, if I haven't painted the starter box...or the support box..or the Myrmidons, what chance does she have?

Shhh, that's not important now. Look at that power stance.

Don't tell Asura with Spitfire not to fire from the hip, Asura with Spitfire ain't give a gently caress.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Asura with Spitfire would fire it doing a double backflip while spinning a plate and dealing a hand of blackjack if modelling permitted.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Indolent Bastard posted:

I do worry that the bikes foreshadow, bigger more expensive kits as time goes on. Nothing like the 40K knights, but APCs and the like. I don't want vehicles in my small skirmish game. Though I can't deny that the models look dope.

I don't think I'd mind some sort of light vehicle for Ariadna, as a TAG equivalent.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The correct name for it is the Fatchikoma. :colbert:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Pierzak posted:

For those new, Carlos is Bostria, aka one of the devs, the most recognizable face of Corvus Belli, and an incorrigible troll. I love this game :allears:

http://www.allreadable.com/vid/bronca-and-angel-giraldez-2520374.html

That's Angel Giraldez, Hobby God being berated by said face of Corvus Belli.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The lady looks like she has a beard in the first pic.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Pierzak posted:

Off I go to the huge tournament. Wish me luck.

May your opponents not have any Muttuiahs.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Apr 26, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm really curious to see if standardize core book HMGs (IE - Replace them with spitfires on most platforms)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Doctors don't see much play in our group as we tend to view them as a massive red herring - Spending orders to get into position to MAYBE heal a guy who may or may not be important, and in the case of ALEPH actually killing your own NWI'd dudes out of turn.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Deviant posted:

How is the Marut? I really want one.

I had no problem with my Marut, except the knees aren't really intuitive without looking first.

Game wise, best model for using Integrated Ammo.

Sit in smoke, fire EXP+AP out, single round - If you hit the target, they're likely dead. If you miss, they can't respond and have no risk of them dodging out of LOS if they survive.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Pierzak posted:

I was about to say this, then thought it was only when the attack hits, then read the wiki and you're right, it doesn't say anywhere that the attack has to hit, it's just that the ARO is a second strike and at -6 to hit.

Sephyr posted:

They can respond, but only after your shot, and the smoke and cover will likely severely hamper their ARO shot.

Ugh, we've been playing it as if you were being shot in the rear arc and missed. All those free shots them goddamn Djanbazans have taken... :negative:

e: Unless you're an Oniwaben, I probably wouldn't CC...

DOUBLE EDIT: Wait no, I found it.

Visibility Conditions states that in order to ARO though such conditions, you need to succeed at an ARM Roll or corresponding reaction.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 3, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Ariadna is the most polarizing faction as far as aesthetics go. Either you want to play Infinity but you would prefer to use your Bolt Action mans, or you prefer badass space parachutist werewolves with crazy kilt mans rapelling down walls with sniper rifles that can kill almost anything.

I don't want to say there's a wrong way to play tactical man dolls but the first way is the wrong way.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Fanzay posted:

:frogout:

No but really, :getout:
I want to play my French mans, leave me alone.

Hey, Badass Parachute Werewolf IS French. Frenchmans also get the MANaconda.

It's more a trend I notice amongst Ariadna players that favor Ruskies. A Bolt Action army but with Infinity rules!

e: It's just a personal taste thing really. I don't get the appeal of modern military units when there's such a spread to choose from!

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 7, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Our Nomad player runs the Chimeras and Pupniks as often as possible, as they advance up the table he mutters 'yiff yiff yiff...'

It's wargaming psychological warfare taken to a whole new level.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The Anaconda TAG - It can be used in the Frenchies Sectorial.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Fanzay posted:

:staredog:

Adjust the setting for maximum prejudice :commissar:

Without fail, it results in most his opponents spending bullets on one point models. :v:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

This was tremendous. I will now refer to all of my miniature games this way.

Man I am bringing lingo to this thread. My girlfriend calls them 'man Barbies'.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Pierzak posted:

Let me introduce you to the "fetch the stick" tactic. You drop a 4 point netrod (or basically any cheap AD, bonus points for soft target destruction) and watch all the furries and every other impetuous model run back towards the stick, the tactical plan of "how many orders will it take to reach the enemy" falling like a house of cards and the enemy about to have an aneurysm :v:

An interesting strategy, but I think Netrods have to be dropped in the deployment phase, and I think most my opponents wouldn't have to backtrack terribly far to gank one of the orders.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Paratrooper HMG is the most Arnie model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hortism posted:

Finally got a game of Infinity in at the LGS after a decently long absence, and somehow lost two knights to trying to take out a freakin Ikadron, who shrugged off a hail of gunfire and DA CC hits.

Little dude cost me dearly.

Also, drat flamethrowers on cheap models own.

D'awww, the lil' dude EARNT those kills.

I'm the staff member who runs that gig.

• Locked thread