Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Should I do a Faeria write up and link the Pox thread to it lol?

I am in as Forg0tton

Also, you don't have to back it right away. If you sign up for a beta key you can play for 20 days with it and it normally comes within a day.

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
This is a good game. You could make a new thread I guess. We should try to get some sort of chat going through irc or mumble or whatever. I might try streaming some faeria on twitch at some point since there's no way to spectate games yet.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

There's some sort of rule about making threads for kickstarter games so probably pm one of the mods first if you want to do that; otherwise we can just use this thread because there's nothing to say about pox at this point anyway.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I think green is the best color deck you can make. And it seems to be really cheap.

FlyFishinInnuendo
Apr 14, 2005
Pox isn't dead (yet), but it seems the fate of this thread to discuss other games for PoxGoons (tm) to play. Guild chat was one of the best parts of the game anyway.

This seems like an exciting time for CCGs - there are a lot of them in beta/just released, and none of them seem as likely as PoxNora to suck up all your spare cash.

Kylo mentioned Faeria, which is pretty cool so far. I've been playing for a couple days and have enough cards to try a basic deck of each color and enjoying figuring things out. I got a beta key through supporting Faeria on Kickstarter, and there are also a number of streamers/facebook pages and such that are giving out keys if you want to give it a try.

Caenum
Apr 25, 2003

Whoa-whoa-whoa now. I'm not getting left out of our new pox-game.

35 hours to go to back this fairy game, and I'm in.

Bleh, sadly less than two days and lost interest in the fairy game. Scrolls took longer than that. :(

Caenum fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 9, 2013

feller
Jul 5, 2006

We all canceled our backing, sorry.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
I'm still in there, but they keep nerfing the trees so I don't know for how much longer.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Oh hey this thread isn't dead yet. I was on the other night and there were literally 40 players online, and no ranked games.

Caenum
Apr 25, 2003

~BIG NEWS~ everybody!

https://forums.station.sony.com/poxnora/index.php?threads%2Fimportant-announcement-regarding-pox-nora.99296%2F

RadarX posted:

We have not been able to discuss publicly what we’ve been working on until now. We’re happy to announce that we have found a new home for Pox Nora with Desert Owl Games, an indie studio founded by two of the three original creators of the game. Beginning today, Desert Owl Games will take over the development of Pox Nora. While we have been working on the legal requirements for this game transition, we have also been preparing the technical procedures so that Pox Nora players will be able to transfer their existing accounts over to Desert Owl Games with as little interruption as possible.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
So is Pox actually still a thing? I have a bunch of old outdated runes I'd like to part with if anyone is actually interested.

VV - I didn't expect anyone to actually be interested :negative: - VV

Quickpull fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 23, 2013

feller
Jul 5, 2006

It's a thing but no one buys runes anymore.

hurrrr˛
Oct 8, 2004
the happiest purple head of them all

Poxnora forums posted:

Pox Nora players,

It’s been an interesting few months here at SOE and we appreciate your patience, tenacity and loyalty. Many of you have been with us for a long time, and while we have passionately developed Pox Nora as a rich strategy game like no other, in a way our greatest contribution was to help build you, the community.

We have not been able to discuss publicly what we’ve been working on until now. We’re happy to announce that we have found a new home for Pox Nora with Desert Owl Games, an indie studio founded by two of the three original creators of the game. Beginning today, Desert Owl Games will take over the development of Pox Nora. While we have been working on the legal requirements for this game transition, we have also been preparing the technical procedures so that Pox Nora players will be able to transfer their existing accounts over to Desert Owl Games with as little interruption as possible.

There is much more news to come, but we wanted to offer this quick note to let you know that Pox Nora will be continuing. We’ll update you as more information becomes available!

POX LIVES

RETURN SWEET GOONS

e: ahh, beaten. Surprised anyone but me still visits those forums.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
They better make it free to play with access to all runes

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
I just read the announcement, that could be awesome news. Anyone have any other information besides the November 23 announcement?

Nique
May 18, 2006

KyloWinter posted:

They better make it free to play with access to all runes

Someone asked me on steam if I was gonna play pox again.

My response was something along the lines of:

Hmm, maybe i'd play, but then I think 'poo poo. new runes. I would need to acquire them'. Then I think about what's involved in that - either the difficult/painstaking process of liquefying outdated runes and trying to trade up to new runes or putting more money into this game.

.. then I say "No."

hurrrr˛
Oct 8, 2004
the happiest purple head of them all

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
WTF did I miss? Since when are slags ez mode? I am glad gems like these can still get extrapolated from Pox.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Update from Desert Owl Games https://forums.station.sony.com/poxnora/index.php?threads/update-from-desert-owl-games.99503/

Sounds promising tbh.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Sounds like paying more money ugh. I'll play again if trading is easier.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I really wish they would hurry up and move back to devs who might actually give a poo poo about the game.

On the brighter side, I played for the first time in a long time. Got a rage quit with pilfered armory, felt good man.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Obligatory post reminding people that Pox 3.0 opens up in 1 week.

Are ya'll hype?

Caenum
Apr 25, 2003

You know who is hype?

Dat fukken owl is who.

Look at that sprite, holy hell.

If that doesn't get you hype maybe this will :

http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads%2Fa-gift-for-you-on-day-of-new-ownership.49%2F posted:

Race: Beast
Class: Ranger
Faction: (each)
Dmg: 11
Speed: 7
Range: 2-5
Defense: 1
Health: 48

Abilities:
Attack – gun
Flight
Renovate: This champion deals 10% extra damage for each starting ability on its target.

Upgrades:
Stat Bonus: Dmg (1)
Stat Bonus: Dmg (2)
Stat Bonus: Health (1)
Stat Bonus: Speed (1)

Flavor:
"Was it a giant owl? A crazy monster owl? An owl lord that can stop time and command the wind!?" "No, just an owl... But it had a BIG GUN!"

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I played some green deck Faeria during the summer. My library got wiped though and I haven't gone back. I also checked out some of the tutorial of https://www.conquestofchampions.com which is another game being made by the original octopi devs (half of them formed Desert Owl games the other half formed Kihon games). Neither Faeria nor Conquest of Champions really impress me as much as the original Poxnora did. Maybe Desert Owl will take the game in an exciting new direction. I'm still skeptical though.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Faeria wiped everybody's collections. However you are given a certain memoria for how many games played. Conquest of Champions sucks though.

Also I have like 100k gold for pox. Is that enough to get Korona and all the blood boks? I hope so, I've wanted to run that deck for like 2 years now but never wanted to spend the cash.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Old system: Not even close.

New system: The long answer is we don't know yet, the short answer is no. As of their last post on the subject, everything exo or below should be pretty trivial to get your hands on if you have a huge collection but any given specific legendary will be obscenely rare.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

KyloWinter posted:

Faeria wiped everybody's collections. However you are given a certain memoria for how many games played. Conquest of Champions sucks though.

Also I have like 100k gold for pox. Is that enough to get Korona and all the blood boks? I hope so, I've wanted to run that deck for like 2 years now but never wanted to spend the cash.

Depends on how many old exos you havent traded off. They said you'd be able to fuse unwanted runes into a new form of currency and use that to buy whatever the hell you want.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I tried to trade away all my poo poo runes but you know how hard that is, so I have tons of runes. I just want to be a bok master y'all. Like that Hekatian Bloodguard is straight up impossible to get due to people just not even trading it - it's not even a question of price.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I had like 90$ in sony bucks I bought for 30$ then never ended up spending because sony stopped developing the game.. kinda sad about that. oh well too late to cry about it. Just gotta hope my collection is large enough to have fun after desert owl starts letting us have fun.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
In preparation for getting my hands on blood stuff rate my deck and give suggestions plz

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/coICd6CfNCg2CkncdFCuACjNs4@s86s7GSAsDS70R2ir3TENe3te36e2K

I have no idea what's good/efficient anymore

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000
New website is live, you can migrate your poo poo over. Except it is slow as poo poo, and you can't do anything yet. So maybe wait?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Tried to migrate, got an error page.

e:There we go

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 8, 2014

Caenum
Apr 25, 2003

Gedden explaining why everything is broke.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Weird.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh motherfucker I probably had poxbux in SoE as well. God dangit!

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
haha which one of you jerks took my username Ninkobei

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hah yay, I actually won a couple of matches today! :D

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
New pox looks sweet so far. Runes should be much easier to obtain now. They haven't updated limited and legionaries yet though.

Holy gently caress lawd Jeebus has answered our prayers! Rune management in the client itself. It took DOG 3 months to do what SOE couldn't do in years.

Rune changes http://olaf.maxapex.com/apex/f?p=286:6:0::NO

Say it aint so...

Update: Goblin Spellkaiser
Ability added to base Teleport(1)
Ability removed from base Reckless Teleport(2)

Oh Gawd the inhumanity!

Be advised the limited owl rune you get is a beast, so it will probably work better in some factions then others. Just a heads up

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Mar 10, 2014

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure we all knew this in our heart of hearts, but it still makes me laugh to see a green say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Tonight was good if you enjoy crippling lag :)

• Locked thread