Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
If you're parting out, whatcha want for just your Feshcaller Mika?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
POxbox lists it for 28 so 10bux I'd say

namad
Nov 7, 2013
weren't all legendary runes originally sold by sony at 8$ in sony bucks?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

$9 if you didn't buy on 2x or 3x SC day (i.e were a sucker)

Fatherwolf
Aug 2, 2012

What?
Kylo i am interested in buying the whole thing. so if you have PM on this forum contact me or tell me how we can do this.

Caenum
Apr 25, 2003

The signature in question, from a while back :

I encourage all you new poxgoons to include it in your pox forum posts.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
So on sid's suggestion I went through the forge and sacrificed all of my extra commons and uncommons. I ended up with over 4000 shards. I mean it sucked but I just put on some show and went through it. Would highly recommend to any old goons looking to pick up more exos without having to deal with trading.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Just thought to apply to the GOON as ZanzibarHamster. Dunno how much I'll play with others in the near future since the 2 dailies are kind of enough for my casual self for now while I need the gold.

Also I keep getting different ideas for decks, hopefully I'll decide on something to start with by the time I buy my first box.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Build a fairy deck! Build a tortun deck! Be the first person to make a decent SP split deck!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

Build a fairy deck! Build a tortun deck! Be the first person to make a decent SP split deck!

Thanks, but I'd rather make something up on my own, original or not. For instance I today tried a deck that had creatures with the 'swarm' ability, and I kind of like it, so maybe I'll make a 'swarm' deck.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I'm not going to play, but I'm curious. Would my Barbarian / UD bullshit relic deck where you get 5 unkillable barbs out doing 2x melee damage still work in current format?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Be the first person to make a decent SP split deck!

If you dupe someone into independently reinventing spark curse I will never forgive you.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

signalnoise posted:

I'm not going to play, but I'm curious. Would my Barbarian / UD bullshit relic deck where you get 5 unkillable barbs out doing 2x melee damage still work in current format?

Temple of brutality got removed from ranked play I think.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Also they changed the Barbies up quite a bit. Only a few of them get perseverance now, they aren't crazy unkillable anymore.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Then the circle is complete and I have no reason to ever play this game again

Perfect

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
No way man, come play, its still a fun game. You can kick my rear end anytime.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

No way man, come play, its still a fun game. You can kick my rear end anytime.

Let's face it. I was always a gimmick team player

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

signalnoise posted:

Let's face it. I was always a gimmick team player

Also really bad at deck building.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Blackmage Yapo posted:

Also really bad at deck building.

And playing the game

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

ToB will be back with the revamp. Last stand too I hope.

Sidpret
Jun 17, 2004

Every time I see Caenum's signature I am truly happy for a few moments. I think that sig is the one good thing I have done with my life.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Sidpret posted:

Every time I see Caenum's signature I am truly happy for a few moments. I think that sig is the one good thing I have done with my life.

We are actually over-due for a new on Sid.

Sidpret
Jun 17, 2004

Forgotton posted:

We are actually over-due for a new on Sid.

You can't beat that one. It's the pinnacle of forum sigs.

edit - also I created like 3 back when but I have no idea where any of them are

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Sidpret posted:

You can't beat that one. It's the pinnacle of forum sigs.

edit - also I created like 3 back when but I have no idea where any of them are

Are you referring to these? http://imgur.com/a/fIPCK

I think I am missing one though.

Also, this is cute https://www.google.com/#q=team+doltos

lol the legend continues! https://www.google.com/#q=team+daltos+poxnora

So we need a new one Sid.

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 12, 2014

Kalveth
Jan 19, 2006
SRM: Yoda knows
Oh hey guys

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Kalveth posted:

Oh hey guys

Holy poo poo come back to us kalv.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
3 overminds available on poxbox.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Sidpret posted:

It's great to have this thread so we can tell people who are interested in this game that it is basically impossible and probably stupid to start playing this game.

So, is this still true? I've just played my first match in the training grounds and had lots of fun sneaking faeries in my opponent's backyard and pouncing bear cubs over his champions to contest Nora fonts.

Related questions: which faction has more sneaking guys? And how does contesting fonts work exactly? Is enough to place a single hero in the capture zone?

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Yes a single champion is enough to capture a font, a single relic can contest a font, the only things that can't are summoned creatures iirc?

The game has a stiff learning curve but if you're already having fun then keep playing!

There are a lot of synergies for stealth within FS/UD/FW? and a lot of synergies that include terrain based stealth with SL/ST/KF although those are mostly sand/snow/grass themes not stealth themes.

The darkmarsh are a subrace of boghopper that exist within FS and love stealth. UD has a few iconic stealth champions but not much of a stealth theme actually. FW has a stealth themed BG that's all about stealth all the way through.

I suck at the game though so my interpretations might not be 100% on.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

So, is this still true? I've just played my first match in the training grounds and had lots of fun sneaking faeries in my opponent's backyard and pouncing bear cubs over his champions to contest Nora fonts.

Related questions: which faction has more sneaking guys? And how does contesting fonts work exactly? Is enough to place a single hero in the capture zone?

It was true when he said but only debatably true now. The game is under new ownership (who are actually the original owners). They've done some cool things so far, but we won't really know if they're much better than sony until the next expansion drops.

It's easier to play without spending money now though, so keep going if you're having fun.

As far as stealthed champs, UD, KF, ST, FS and FW have a bunch. The other three have quite a few too. You'd do best though playing the faction you like most and then worrying about including stealth, in my opinion.

BloodThirster
Jan 8, 2001
I watched Yapo's LPs of pox and it roped me into giving it a try, I've been playing the tutorial and campaigns to get familiar with the game and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm going to apply to the goon guild as Superindeed.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gedden just released a sneak peak of what he and DoG wants to do regarding abilities and upgrades:

http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads%2Fpox-nora-revamp-preview-1.2488%2F

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

If any new poxgoons need runes to start their collections let me know what faction and I can send a decent package your way. That said, the current developers will be operating at a loss for a few months and aren't a faceless corporation so I can't actively discourage you from spending some birdbux on this game.

Captain Farce
Jun 24, 2004
i think NOT!
Uh oh, if they actually go through with those changes this will actually be a good game.

I don't think I can take this.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

namad posted:

Yes a single champion is enough to capture a font, a single relic can contest a font, the only things that can't are summoned creatures iirc?
So that's why dropping a Garu Den Mother first turn to claim nodes AND contest the other guy's didn't work. drat you, Garu Cub, ruining my plans. :argh:

Omelette du Fromage posted:

As far as stealthed champs, UD, KF, ST, FS and FW have a bunch. The other three have quite a few too. You'd do best though playing the faction you like most and then worrying about including stealth, in my opinion.
I have always enjoyed playing these kind of games as either: a) an underrated faction that gets laughed at a lot but can take other players down a peg or two or b) someone who can make an opponent go from "I've got this" to "oh, crap" in a single turn. Grueling, long battles of attrition in the middle of the map aren't my thing.

According to the OP, the first one is SP, but I'm not sure I like giants (haven't played the deck beyond the tutorial, though, maybe an all-bat deck is a better fit for me). It also has the problem of requiring being good at the game :v:.

The second one I've done with elves by conquering nora fonts under my opponent nose via stealthed/teleport units and turning massive behemoths into frogs. And from Yapo's LP, they can take control of an enemy hero and send it take a walk through lava, which is always fun. I assume there are many more options with other factions.

tl;dr: I want to be a dick. Which is the best faction to be a dick in this game?

Captain Farce
Jun 24, 2004
i think NOT!
At the moment probably the factions most well off are SP, UD, ST and IS. They all also include major dick moves.

Exception made for SL Drakkers which are also crazy good but super expensive so I wouldn't bother.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

I have always enjoyed playing these kind of games as either: a) an underrated faction that gets laughed at a lot but can take other players down a peg or two or b) someone who can make an opponent go from "I've got this" to "oh, crap" in a single turn. Grueling, long battles of attrition in the middle of the map aren't my thing.

tl;dr: I want to be a dick. Which is the best faction to be a dick in this game?

That's actually most people's attitudes.

The short answer is there are no underdog factions, and every faction has multiple ways to be a dick.

I don't know if yapo covered this in his LP, but you can also run 2 factions in one deck (15 runes of each). That's definitely the easier way to build deck if you're trying to play for free. And this way you can have twice as much dick!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

This is still fun, even if the Training Grounds are mostly empty and it takes me a while to find a match. EDIT: Actually tried Battlegrounds, won one and lost 2. Not bad.

Applied to the guild as FiddlersRiddle.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 16, 2014

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Gedden just released a sneak peak of what he and DoG wants to do regarding abilities and upgrades:

http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads%2Fpox-nora-revamp-preview-1.2488%2F

It's gotta be a nightmare to have to go through every champion and make a new upgrade tree. The new method is interesting. What's going to happen to gun owl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004
I need a little bit of money in my Paypal account. I have pretty much everything and only plan on playing FW, UD, IS and slags if/when I come back. If you're looking for something from the remaining factions we can probably work something out, I'm sure I can probably beat eBay and just about everyone here will vouch for me. Send me a PM or email me at ricky.zeedyk@gmail.com.

• Locked thread