Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Agents are GO! posted:

Hey heads up folks, fellow goon Antistar has released his quest/house mod Clockwork and not even bothered to tell us! Antistar is the modder behind WMX for New Vegas, so it's probably pretty good.

I finished playing through this not long ago and it is some hot poo poo! The questline and the housing are both stellar. Hell, even the voicework was good. I give it my seal of approval

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I have so many dwemer mods backlogged now :allears:

One day I'm gonna do a full kirkbride playthrough as a tonal architect or something.

Also, reminder that while I bitch about Immersive NPCs it has good characters as well as bad, and some really good quests in it.

E: Highlights include a murder trial in solitude and a thalmor double agent rescuing the souls of executed talos worshippers

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 16, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

One day I'm gonna do a full kirkbride playthrough as a tonal architect or something.

uhhh what mods do I need to be that

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I always snag the 3DNPC companion Skjarn though he'd be better if they could get H. John Benjamin

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Agents are GO! posted:

I was mostly just poking fun. I remember you bitching about most quests mods here and in the FNV threads. (I remember it because I've made a mental note that if I can ever get my quest mod finished, I wanted you to be a beta tester because you'd tear it a new one where necessary.)

Also, I probably shouldn't poke fun as I just spent twenty minutes figuring out how to ditch Enderal's font for the original Skyrim font (screw games with fancy fonts.)

It's true, I've never played a quest mod that I've enjoyed. The one I think you must be talking about is the bounty stuff in FNV. That one basically involved you going to a one room building, getting a "contract" for a dude, fast traveling to where he is and killing him. Each bounty takes about 5 minutes. They would usually be lame pop culture references, like one of the bounties is dressed like Freddy Kreuger, that kind of thing.

However someone recently posted in here about some kind of museum quest that involves you collecting artifacts and I must admit that did sound really awesome.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

docbeard posted:

At this point the NPC wanders away while still talking, making it impossible to skip past the remainder of their dialogue.

this was the loving worst, gently caress

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
There's a new dialog/NPC relationship overhaul that looks impressive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzWZKutgCck

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mortimer posted:

no see it's okay because it's better than PS1 era voice acting

stop complaining :corsair:

That's something I'd take as a legitimate complaint, poorly executed dialog scenes, the worst one I've ever seen was in Beyond Boulder Dome, in a supposed conversation between two NPCs, they implemented it by having the two NPCs keep initiating dialogue with the player.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

GunnerJ posted:

There's a new dialog/NPC relationship overhaul that looks impressive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzWZKutgCck

That looks amazing. Can't wait to try that out tomorrow. Thanks for the share.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Ay yo Agents, I'm looking through this thread for new thread content, what ever happened to this? (Sorry if this is a sore spot, I have my own abandoned projects I hate getting reminded of... :smith: )

Agents are GO! posted:

Double post, because ~YOLO~ and I wanted to share a few pictures of the 80% done first dungeon of my mod. Bthandmarz is an ancient dwemer military research facility, dating from the Aetherium wars. These pictures are somewhat out of order, because that's how imgur decided to upload them.

This man couldn't find the hidden entrance to Bthandmarz.

The water control lab.

Well, poo poo.

A room in the researchers' quarters dormitory.

The same dorm room at the end of the school year.

The researchers' library.

A dwemer farmstead. They liked potatoes.

This is where they came to relax after a hard day researching ways to unmake Mundus.

Lemme guess, we have to go all the way up there.

The Segota labs, your ultimate destination in Bthandmarz.

The Segota device, hidden in the uttermost depths of Bthandmarz.

We all know how this ends.

Bthandmarz Administrations' courtyard. I'm glad I figured the trick to making the lighting here match the outside, which is visible through a shaft in the ceiling.

The administrators had much nicer quarters than the researchers.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Mortimer posted:

It's mostly a lot of booze and cigarettes.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

My mod is Still technically in progress, I still am having trouble sitting in a chair for long periods. I do plan to finish it though! :)

Edit:BTW take a closer look at the Segota Device pic. I think it would make a good header for the new thread!

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Aug 17, 2016

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

My mod is Still technically in progress, I still am having trouble sitting in a chair for long periods.

drat, you still have to deal with that? It sounds like the loving worst. I sometimes get awful lower back pain that prevents me from sitting for long periods but at least it goes away in about two weeks.

Also I'm not goatse-ing people when they open the thread. :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You're no fun.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

no ring

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Jeez Larry, you think I'd be that careless with a part of forums history? :rolleyes:

Edit: also, the quest that actually uses that gate is entitled "Into the Bowels of Oblivion" (thanks to somebody in the awful mod thread for that suggestion.)

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 17, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That's what I get for not turning my brightness up. I apologise profusely.

I had a goatse quest in Muffinwind too actually

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Just reinstalled this for Enderal and I'm trying to find something I used to have but I have no idea what it was called. It fixed the way face textures went flat and goofy looking under certain lighting conditions. I got some better quality face textures and that kinda lessened it but I'm fairly sure it was a lighting mod.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Clockwork is pretty drat good and amazing and I'm not even done with it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

I have so many dwemer mods backlogged now :allears:

Mortimer posted:

Figured I'd answer this, since pretty much all my playthroughs head in that direction anyway:

Dwemertech by EnaiSiaion.
Dwemer Certified
All of TrainWizs Dwemer/Sotha Sil themed mods: The Wheels of Lull, Aethernautics, Lost Wonders of Mzark, Brhuce Hammar: Legacy, and Fyr Manor.
A bunch of the crazy Dwemer mods by Mahty and that other crazy Japanese modder m80.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah mine was pretty much that, plus that cool clockwork house that got posted upthread

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Agents are GO! posted:

Figured I'd answer this, since pretty much all my playthroughs head in that direction anyway:

Dwemertech by EnaiSiaion.
Dwemer Certified
All of TrainWizs Dwemer/Sotha Sil themed mods: The Wheels of Lull, Aethernautics, Lost Wonders of Mzark, Brhuce Hammar: Legacy, and Fyr Manor.
A bunch of the crazy Dwemer mods by Mahty and that other crazy Japanese modder m80.

I wish Dwemer Certified had been updated. Robco Certified is probably the best NV mod in existence, and the DLC and further mods have created a ton of poo poo that could have put Dwemer over the top.

:(

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So what mods are cool and good for enderal ?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

So what mods are cool and good for enderal ?

Quick Loot has been the most helpful so far. Haven't tried using any of my combat mods like Attack Commitment or TK Dodge.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Crash fixes seems to have made the mod slightly more stable
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Is that new OP ever happening?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Nope

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Unacceptable!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

doctor 7 posted:

Is that new OP ever happening?

Mortimer posted:

I think tes6 will still come out before the new OP

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

OP confirmed

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Half OP: Full OP Consequences

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

OP confirmed

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

lmao

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Skyrim Modding: Just spent 10 Hours Writing OP, Time to Post

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does anyone know which texture this is and which mod fixes it (or which one broke it)?

I've got Skyrim HD covering any textures Tamriel Reloaded doesn't do and I'm pretty sure this is a Solitude texture that one or both of them should fix but there it is.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does anyone know which texture this is and which mod fixes it (or which one broke it)?

I've got Skyrim HD covering any textures Tamriel Reloaded doesn't do and I'm pretty sure this is a Solitude texture that one or both of them should fix but there it is.

Oh man they finally released the 8-bit texture mod I was waiting for :fap:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Funky See Funky Do posted:

you got the wrong thread. This is for skyrim, not daggerfall

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Man Whore posted:

you got the wrong thread. This is for skyrim, not daggerfall

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENGEAAAAAAAAAANCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Well, I fixed it. It was a Tamriel reloaded texture and I just overwrote all the Solitude and Windhelm textures with the shittier Skyrim HD ones. :saddowns:

• Locked thread