Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!
For a gimmick I would suggest you play a pipe-hacking clown named Pennywise because it's the most fun there is, however the clown was removed and the disposal networks were turned into an unworkable mess before I stopped playing(and largely why I stopped)

So instead it'd be cool if you showed off pipe-hacking at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

President Ark posted:

It's not - plasma in SS13 is some sort of weird ultra-hydrogen.

Hence why you'll hear it called bio-toxin occasionally.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

nimby posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, can you send bombs through the mail system? If you know which pipe leads under the AI core, could you time it so you kill the AI with a mail-bomb?

If you can, please do that when you get a traitor role!

yes/no... you could do it but the lag makes timing it impossible. Another problematic thing, not mentioned in the video, is that reconfigured pipe networks tend to behave randomly because of things going through T junctions backwards. That effect was responsible for my favorite hack on vag-station. A single junction outside disposal could be flipped in order to completely randomize the network. Flushing from the kitchen could send you to toxins, or it could loop you around for 2 minutes and spit you out in QM.

Back on the subject of mail bombing, My intuition says that something fun could be done by purposely flooding the disposal pipes with plasma.

• Locked thread