Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
After about the thirtieth or so time seeing the word "Robust" I think I've figured out why somebody once thought I was a big fan of this game I had never heard of. Perhaps there should be a reason for be to become a fan of it, because wow, this just looks like a blast.

Pun unintended but probably appropriate. Really gotta give this a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
Yeah, I played my first game yesterday, and thanks to this LP and a lot of wikireading, I managed to avoid screwing up too much, although for the life of me, I could not figure out how to open my box once I had started putting stuff in it. Lots of hitting myself with that.

I did eventually figure it out, long after the end of the round, at least. Super fun game, can't wait to get back in to it again.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
I was playing as a borg the other day with the construction module, and, as I do when I'm bored and have the construction module, I started filling in space. Somebody noticed I was doing that and ordered me to make a race track from there, and dammit, I did my best. He later broke into AI Upload to make it an actual law that all borgs have to contribute to the race track, but I might have been the only borg or something. So I single handedly had to make a loop and that took a good hour and a half. It was a long round, and if it weren't for the shuttle getting sent back, I doubt I would have made it.

I mean, I didn't have time to add walls to the part outside the station and I probably could have made it more clear exactly where you're supposed to head through the crew quarters, and I finished as the ship arrived so nobody actually used it BUT I FINISHED IT SINGLE HANDEDLY AND THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

Montegoraon posted:

Something said in that bonus video is incorrect. The security console in the HoP office does use the convenient version of the security interface. It seems to be only the others that have been changed. :ssh: That makes it really easy to, for example, have an AI put out an arrest warrant for all those non-humans contaminating the station.

As HoP I do sometimes like to set people to Arrest with that console when it seems like a good idea based on radio chatter (or if I really don't like somebody). It hasn't been that long since I've last played so I kind of got worried it was a really recent change.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

pandaK posted:

Sometimes I roleplay as a really lovely outdated AI that takes forever to do basic tasks like open doors for people complete with broadcasted text inputs on my module loading the opening program. Won't somebody come and update the poor AI to a new sleek version, oh woe is me, my protective lasers aren't even fully programmed yet...

When I'm AI I put my name as Windows 3.1 so I have an excuse for being slow to respond to things, because I'm new to it and slightly incompetent.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

Archenteron posted:

For those who don't regularly play or check out the main SS13 thread, behold and tremble at someone's :science: SCIENCE! :science:. Chemistry in this game can do some... things :stare:

One round I was victim to one of them rainbow bombs.
Twice. And that's not to say I survived the first one.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

ponzicar posted:

So you should fill the station with monkeys first? That's possible, right?

I know if I'm working QM and somebody says "Hey QM can you order eighty crates of monkeys", I'll probably do it no questions asked, so

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

Yapping Eevee posted:

Just try not to set everyone who annoys you to arrest.

hold on have i been doing it wrong

Should I not be setting the janitor to arrest every time I slip five times or more in one round?

I'm not generally the most active security. I mean, I wander around lookin' to see if I should do anything on occasion but last time I was Sec I hung out in the Security room with the detective, ate donuts, and talked about all the wacky things going on on the radio that the other Security can probably handle just fine. Good times.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
Really? You see Geneticists as a threat? For whatever reason nobody but antags ever seem to want superpowers when I offer, and unless I'm doing it wrong, I'm fairly certain lone geneticists can't give themselves superpowers.

Alternatively if they can tell me how please.

In any case, I usually stay alive as geneticist by offering superpowers in exchange for my life, assuming genetics didn't just get blown up completely. Which actually happened once WHILE I was negotiating for my life and I guess another antag wasn't aware of my special offer (or just wanted rid of cloning)

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
As per usual, my ability to incompetently play a technical job gets cut short because of people much more competent.

I guess that's kind of the game in general isn't it

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
I think I'm more glad it wasn't a traitor round, really. Anybody can go on a nearly invincible rampage of destruction, but you're forced to come up with other creative methods of indestructible fun when you aren't one with that crown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

Steelpudding posted:

gently caress Ol' Harner, it handcuffed me and took my only gun during a Disaster.

Ol' Harner only wants you to be safe. You could have hurt yourself with that thing!

• Locked thread