Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Highly aggressive Doctor. Patients must hold STILL for treatment. All injuries will be treated, willingly or no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Reicere posted:

For a gimmick I would suggest you play a pipe-hacking clown named Pennywise because it's the most fun there is, however the clown was removed and the disposal networks were turned into an unworkable mess before I stopped playing(and largely why I stopped)

So instead it'd be cool if you showed off pipe-hacking at some point.

I like this. A pie-packing, pipehacking clown. Might be a good way to showcase some mischief.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

jBrereton posted:

ss13 is hard

drat, this makes me wish I'd gotten started on Prospector Pete's Rootin' Tootin' Tutorial sooner. This is pretty valid though, and although it's fun to watch new people beat themselves to death with their own shoes, it'd be nice if there were a more direct way of learning the basics.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Daeren posted:

please don't make us have to deal with an armada of space-lube-extinguisher copycats or whatever

I dunno, I get nostalgic for the first days I was playing where space lube and a broken window/open airlock was the method du jour for traitor chemists.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Zamujasa posted:

Is there even a reason to deliver ore to it? I know running the furnaces on char ore is absolutely worthless. Is there anything actually valuable to go in there?

(That and a combination of giving miner borgs a wrench + robotics & the engine room a telepad might make it a little more common)

If only the cargo belt could send stuff into chutes that'd actually travel to the department that requested it, instead of alarmingly public docks...although that does have a lot of fun consequences.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Mister Bates posted:

But wouldn't that result in every single round ending in about five minutes when the engineers fire a white hot stream of metal at the station? If it can be aimed in any way, you can bet the first thing that's going to happen is that it's going to be aimed at the bar, or medical, or escape, or wherever else the operator thinks it will cause the most damage.

I'm not seeing what the problem is here :getin:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

neogeo0823 posted:

threaten to eat the disk if they come any closer.

Actually, this is entirely possible to do right now, but not with deep frying.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Give someone a high enough dose of bath salts and they'll get a tramp beard though

So THAT'S why nothing changed for me

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Bonus points if you get someone to sneak onto the station ahead of the rest to make a bunch of 11X11 tank bombs. :getin:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The very first thing you should do with a sleepypen is jab it into a monkey, or a corpse. It comes pre-loaded with a sedative that is very slow to act, and is incredibly obvious to the victim that they've been jabbed when they get the message "Pubbie McVictim yawns". Once it's empty you can fill it with any horrible substance you please for much better results.

I dunno, if you can time your sleepypen so that you're in a crowd when someone new shows up, they will almost always blame that person if they're going to blame anyone. I managed to sleepypen the captain, be next to him when he awoke in Medbay later, convinced him that I'd woken him up, then sleepypenned him again. You just have to be careful and clever about it.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
I hope now that you guys have solved it that you'll actually share your information with the other groups working on this.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Clockwork Cupcake posted:

I dunno why you think we haven't been? We're not doing a step-by-step guide since it'd spoil the puzzle, but we've been helping people and giving hints all along, and still are.

Oh, ok. For some reason, I'd heard there was some secrecy going on between groups, but I guess that'd died down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Iretep posted:

I remember ages ago when there was an asteroid base filled with zombies, all you needed to get through it was not to use a light source. Of course the last and only lit room in the place had a bear in it :gonk:

The portal gun room had light in it too. Man, I miss that thing, haven't found it in any abandoned crates.

• Locked thread