Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If we are making comparisons, I would compare SS13 to a multiplayer Dwarf Fortress, complete with moods, and set in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Clockwork Cupcake posted:

The big cyborgs with names like "Gamma 21" or "BUTTLORD OF FARTINGTON" are players, the little things like Medibots are NPCs. Monkeys are also NPCs... usually.

Wizards are antagonists but there's a tendency toward "friendly" wizards who just screw around until everyone gets bored, or until everyone lets their guard down. Or, more frequently, until someone spaces them anyway.

I accidentally set two hiding wizards on fire while trying to burn down the Owlery with a spray bottle and a cigarette. While setting it up all I could hear where farts, I flung my smoke in the flammable puddle I had made and suddenly they rose up out of the darkness, I panicked and ran, saving my rear end as the owlery was engulfed in flames (I actually set myself on fire, but I jumped into the swimming pool, hoping it would help). When I returned Sec were cuffing a still burning wizard and stripping him, so I guess he was bad? I'll never know because at some stage I blew up. The Owls all made it though.

Another round that day I was a chaplain, decked out in Adeptus Mechanicus robes, wondering what I'd do this time, when it hit me. I would bring the Grim Darkness of the Forty-First Century (tm) to the station, and set about smashing all of the lights I could reach with my limited access. Oddly enough with how dangerous this could be with Changlings (I think) not a single person stopped me as I went about darkening the hallways and Civilian areas of the station. I never got to finish as I got mind slaved around arrivals and was told to kill as many people as I could and have fun :3: I died in Medbay about five minutes later, having only spaced one person after stepping on a bomb and losing both legs. Someday though, I'll bring total darkness to the station, and then we'll probably get eaten.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

MagicBoots posted:

I've done this. Problem is a smart janitor will catch on quickly since his galoshes will not stop him from slipping on the lube. Better to add sulfuric acid to the bucket, he won't notice since he won't slip in it but o god will the crew notice it fast.

Pour some welding fuel in and wait for someone in the bar smoking to cough.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Try filling some fire extinguishers with welding fuel (you need to drain them first), quietly scatter them around the station, and then start a few fires...

Some day I'll actually get to be a traitor and I'll burn the whole station down.

• Locked thread