Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Playing in a 5+ person game. I picked EA Berytos. Are there any fun Pretender builds out there? If you have something, please PM me because one of the jerks I am playing against posts in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Turin Turambar posted:

Length-1 weapons are a bit better. Weapon lengths now go from 0-5, rather than 0-6. All length 2-6 weapons have dropped a category. So previously length-1 weapons benefit from this, since they aren't repelled by previously length-2 weapons anymore.

So this is the reason larger is now a bless. Makes match ups super awkward. Human barely able to hit a giant in the head with a long rear end Pike might not be able to if the giant is made larger .

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Turin Turambar posted:

I think you are scripting 5 actions, so it will work like always.

I think it still needs clarification. If I cast a spell that takes 2 turns to finish 5 times are you , in essence, programming the first 10 turns of a commander?

It is correct though that if multiple turn spells/actions (I can see the difficulty of using things like crossbows or artillery taking more than 2 turns to "cast"*) that normal units need a way to customize the length of time they should wait for.

It will become a downward spiral of suck if there is no way to stop units from running into a wall of instant death that is summoned right on top of them as they charge in without a way for them to wait until the mages are done casting.

* A commander ability or misc army artifact where crossbows are preloaded or take significantly less time to reload would be great if the range game is going to change.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

GreyjoyBastard posted:

- aquatic mages that can turn 3 water gems a turn into astral pearls at a 1:1 ratio
-

Okay...hold it..whoa

Is this innate meaning they can do this water to pearl switcharoo while researching?

• Locked thread