Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
What new memes have the meta created in the last few months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Tagichatn posted:

What's a good research path for ea Tien Chi? Flaming arrows looks good with all my archers but the default mages look like they don't have enough fire to cast it.

Conjurgation to spam your demons.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Corbeau posted:

Are there any mods that attempt to simplify Dom4? Specifically I'm curious if there is a mod that attempts to remove most of the useless or extremely edge case spells and units from the game. I know there are some mods that tell the AI to not produce the worst of the rubbish, but that doesn't help making the game more comprehensible to a newbie.
Against a skilled player, retarded gimmicks are the only way to win. Also convenient staling/AIs

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Has there been a Magic Enhanced game?

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Who here is good at balancing

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
I want to say that Illwinter is working on some cool poo poo right now

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

fishhooked posted:

Any mods that make MA man less lovely?

Magic Enhanced makes paladins and angels more fun to use at least.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
I hope you guys love blesses and real time strategy

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Turin Turambar posted:

Tell me more.

It's more like an active argument than a debate now

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
40 HP jaguars (human form) with a correct bless
20 Precision Caelians with 50% more range...on spells

Amuys fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 18, 2017

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Bug Squash posted:

Mapgoons EA another Summod with Magic Enhanced game

I was a late addition since the mapgoons weren't able to fill up their roster, so I feel slightly guilty winning the thing. I brought EA C'tis to victory, which I picked primarily for trying out skelespam for the first time (spoilers - skeletons are pretty great).

How were the Neters and the Neter Children?

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Applebee123 posted:

This is the problem I always have with communions, something as small as a single body ethereal buffed tanky unit stuck in the corner of the map (such as a body ethereal cave drake) surrounded by chaff it cant kill and that cant kill it, can be the difference between the battle ending on turn 20 and lasting until turn 40 killing off thousands of golds worth of communion slaves as the masters cast max range evocations that keep missing, and useless buffs/summons.

To me the best way to beat a big communion seems to be to make some tanky thugs/summons, get mages to buff them and have them sit in the corners of the map, you have a good chance to kill a tonne of communion slaves that way!

A defensive earthquake/rain of stones is feared for a reason.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Pharnakes posted:

I made a brief effort to get into Dom3, but failed. I think partly because my first shot at MP was subbing into a late game and I just got overwhelmed and lost interest. But I've been reading a few LPs recently and since I've owned dom4 on steam for the last 3 years or something I think it's time I made another shot at it. Are there any newbie games in the pipeline at the moment?

Edit: also newbie games are usually EA, is that right? So I can experiment a bit in SP.

Usually MA

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Don't be fooled, troop recruitment still kinda sucks

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Font is now moddable

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch