Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Problem: Your god is a pillar of stone with no hands or limbs.

Solution: BUILD IT A ROBOT ARM.

Man I'm going to buy this as soon as I can figure out for sure whether I'll have any money left this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

How are u posted:

I'm dicking around in single player, in year 10 of a long game. Last turn I got a worldwide event raising unrest when astrologers predicted a comet was heading for Earth. This turn there's another worldwide event saying the comet is visible in the sky, and unrest has skyrocketed all over my empire. Wonder what's going to happen next turn...

e: the comet hit a random province, not one of mine, but the description said it annihilated the whole population. This game :allears:

Aside from the bug already mentioned, for maximum accuracy the impact event should also set every province to Cold 3.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I like that take on a disease event. It might not (directly) kill your population but it sure as heck keeps them from getting much work done :haw:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Desura isn't letting me download the patch :argh:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

jBrereton posted:

Commanders have the "Construct Building" option. They're required to make fortresses, which are one of the three building types. The others are temples, which Sacred commanders (have some candles on their unit page) can build, and labs are made by mages (any commander with magic other than Holy levels).

Technically you need a commander with priest (holy) levels to make a temple, not just a sacred commander. It may be in practice that all sacred commanders have priest levels (I can't think of a counterexample off the top of my head) but technically they are two different things.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Speleothing posted:

This was the case in Dom3, but in Dom4 all you need is to be sacred, not to have Holy (priest) levels.

Also, there are piles & piles of sacred commanders who aren't priests. The Jotuns get two pure (no magic at all) sacred commanders, Sauro gets at least one, Vanarus gets one. And there are any number of sacred mages who benefit from E blesses but can't self-bless, a lot of the Bandar mages are like that.

Ahh, my bad. I didn't read about the change and, well, I guess I've never yet tried to build anything with a non-priest sacred commander.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Korwin posted:

This is correct, only want to add: a commander made sacred by the shroud of the battlr saint can not build temples (unless he allready was sacred)

That's probably because shroud doesn't make them sacred, it just makes them blessed. :eng101:

(I hope I'm not wrong about this too)

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

It varies. I've gotten more than one of the rainbow gem events so far in Insanegoons, and it's only turn 20ish.

It's a gamble, but that sort of goes by definition.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Is there a place to manually download the 4.04 patch? The manual download versions on Desura are still at 4.03. I use the manual installations because I don't want to faff about with a proprietary client for literally one game that I will buy from them ever. Sorry for using the word manual so many times in this post.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Uh, aren't there a few people who play on GGS despite not having forums accounts? rejakor I think is at least one.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I Love You! posted:

First off, go Drain 2. There's no downside for your researchers and you get more points.

Third off Wait are you MA or LA

Yeah, it's important to note that only LA "benefits" from Drain.

Really, MA and LA man are utterly different to each other in terms of mages.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

So I'm trying to cast Hidden in Snow in a cold mountain province but it tells me it's the wrong terrain for the ritual. Is it because it's also a forest province?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

It may still be hosed up and require mountain terrain rather than the much more commonly used border mountain terrain.

Welp, that would also be it. Goddamn, it seems like none of the mountain graphic provinces actually have mountains instead of border mountains. :shepface:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

sullat posted:

Nuts. Was hoping my ally could use my discount site.

You could cede it back and forth as necessary? Just can't use it both at the same time, obviously, but if one of you has better paths/research for using it on a given turn, you can work something out. Unless I'm missing something.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

LordLeckie posted:

One thing i will criticise however was Marvenis insistence on using their basic troops compared to their berserkers which would have given pause to me.

I won't say that I played very well in that game, because I clearly didn't, even given your early-game and map-related superiority. I more or less joined the last available team by default because I wanted to play in the big game, so I ended up with a nation and strategy that I'm really quite mediocre with (even moreso than I am in general, I mean). Also, I don't think it's wrong to say that Team Scales probably had the worst "gimmick" by far of any team in the game, mostly because a bless (which basically all three of the other teams ended up taking in one form or another?) is such an insane amount of value in a disciples game.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I've been a fan of EA or MA Pangaea with T3L3, though it's not like I play to win against min-max players.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Flavahbeast posted:

Flute

Flute finished a long time ago and can be taken down

Same for Dulcimer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Is there a database or whatnot up for Dom5 yet, or is one imminent? It might seem silly, but I'd really like to be able to see all the new stuff in detail before I buy.

• Locked thread