Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I personally love watching goons say that a new season is completely poo poo and then later praise it as being the good times when they are complaining about the next new season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

https://twitter.com/FXNetworks/status/1337170739217145862

More seasons to replace the ones that get removed for being offensive.

This show is one of the few things that consistently brings me joy and no one can take that away from me

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Devito needs to sign off on having his actual decaying corpse on the show now before it’s too late and they have to use special effects

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Cojawfee posted:

I personally love watching goons say that a new season is completely poo poo and then later praise it as being the good times when they are complaining about the next new season.

There's a few episodes that I love so much I could watch them a hundred times and not get bored of them. The last episode I felt that way about was 12-6, Hero or Hate Crime. 13-9 is an honorable mention just for the ending montage of Philly celebrations from the Super Bowl. However I'd still take the last two seasons of Sunny over most of what's on TV these days.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

drunken officeparty posted:

Devito needs to sign off on having his actual decaying corpse on the show now before it’s too late and they have to use special effects

See, I would rather they keep him well preserved and taxidermied and then they can just keep him in a corner in the bar and he can just appear in the background from time to time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

cant cook creole bream posted:

Wow four seasons at once is a lot. The world will be completely different in four years time.
Has any show ever been renewed for four more seasons at the same time?
I guess FX was considering 2 or 3 and just decided to go for the record.

While it was technically only two seasons, after the initial 10 eps, FX immediately ordered 90 additional episodes of that Charlie Sheen "Anger Management" show.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mac Finds His Pride still makes me cry when I watch it. I guess I get it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don’t think the last few seasons have been bad, it’s more that they’re becoming way less consistent. There’s still a lot of good stuff in there, but there’s also some really dreadful garbage.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If the show starts to stink, kill it, but despite wobbling a bit it's still surprisingly good for a show with 14 seasons. It would be nice if the gang could take a heavier hand in the scripts again though, you can pretty much chart IAS leaving its golden era with the decrease in writing credits to the main cast.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I felt that the last season of the show was up there with the best seasons, so I'm pretty goddamn excited about another four.

As for funniest scenes, it's hard to top the scene of Charlie explaining the catfood eating ritual to Dee, topped of by Frank just barging into the room, woofing down as much catfood as possible and then collapsing into the bed before the cats start howling. I still get the giggles randomly thinking about it :allears:

But also Fat Mac refusing to share his chips.... :xd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KHaWbxogNo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

4 seasons is good.

Sunny is good.

If it goes bad then I won't watch it anymore.

Just hope they get real weird with it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If you don't like it, you just don't have to watch. There are a bunch of shows I liked in the beginning, but they got dumb or boring, so I stopped watching.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It is good when a show ends on a high and you stop watching because it ended and not because you're sick of the sight of it. 'Always leave them wanting more' as they used to say

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im totally fine with more seasons of always sunny. they should make a million of them

while it does have arcs, its mainly a comedy show, so for me it's impossible to retroactively sour the whole experience like Lost or Game of Thrones where it hinges on a beginning and an end.

Arrested Development went to poo poo, but I still rewatch the first three seasons

e: Rob McElhenney said in April that he's writing new episodes so i guess the gang is back in the writer's chair
https://www.phillyvoice.com/always-sunny-philadelphia-new-episodes-season-15-rob-mcelhenney-coronavirus-fx/

methinks this instagram tweet is the reason for ffx to renew the seasons, agreed?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
After going through this year, I just hope the new seasons help me to have feelings again. Ya'll remember feelings, right?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

multijoe posted:

It is good when a show ends on a high and you stop watching because it ended and not because you're sick of the sight of it. 'Always leave them wanting more' as they used to say

When you're as deep as Always Sunny that moment passed. At this point I'm all good with make them till they don't want to anymore. This is one of the most consistent shows of all time as far as I'm concerned.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Gang Breaks Records

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Gang Overstays Their Welcome

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Gang Avoids Getting Cancelled

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh jay posted:

oh i like that one, it's got layers

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

oh jay posted:

This has to be an episode where they become a twee Schur-style wholesome comedy show to try and avoid losing their liquor license, something like that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

multijoe posted:

This has to be an episode where they become a twee Schur-style wholesome comedy show to try and avoid losing their liquor license, something like that

you mean like when they tried to win an award?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I hope they address the episodes that got removed by having Dee try to get famous but ends up being cancelled for her previous blackface.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

you mean like when they tried to win an award?

They're recycled their garbage before!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I hope they address the episodes that got removed by having Dee try to get famous but ends up being cancelled for her previous blackface.

shot for shot remake of The Gang Broke Dee but its real and the martina martinez videos blow up right before she walks out to conan

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

multijoe posted:

:hmmyes: this is true

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I'm actually pretty sure there's two episode where they do that, Recycles Their Trash and another late season episode I'm struggling to remember.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

multijoe posted:

If it was taken down did it really happen?

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

PittTheElder posted:

I'm actually pretty sure there's two episode where they do that, Recycles Their Trash and another late season episode I'm struggling to remember.

The Gang Beats Boggs: Ladies Reboot

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Gun Fever and Gun Fever Too: Still Hot

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

SunshineDanceParty posted:

When you're as deep as Always Sunny that moment passed. At this point I'm all good with make them till they don't want to anymore. This is one of the most consistent shows of all time as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah this is where I'm at

I'm stoked to have four more seasons, Always Sunny just absolutely rules

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Those are excellent points, though it turns out I was thinking of Frank Falls Out the Window

E: wait isn't there a second episode where they try to hoard gasoline for some reason?

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 11, 2020

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i just wanna see em get real wear with it, see where it takes them

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I got a free appletv sub with my new iPhone and Mythic Quest is pretty good. Obviously not an always sunny kind of show but I’m enjoying the ridiculousness so far.

E: is it weird that Ashley Burch reminds me of Glenn Howerton in the face for some reason?

E2: finished. Really enjoyed it, has some weirder always sunny style humor at points but definitely it’s own thing. Felt like it had a lot of heart. Looking forward to s2.

hanales fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 28, 2020

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/Mike_P_Williams/status/1347188223995502597?s=20

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

ONION!!!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Can I offer you an onion in these seditious times?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Thats masterclass trolling right there. Amazing.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
great reference, but the length of effort people go to to get their point across on twitter is truly dogshit. blue-check guy seems dangerously obsessed with some maga idiot holding an onion. i especially love his "we did it!" conclusion to his thread pointing to a snopes article about it like it was his doing. and the snopes page even says "unproven" lol

twitter is a loving cesspool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I heard that the tears you cry from onions actually work differently than the ones from tear gas, effectively diffusing it. So some person like her brought that fully expecting to be teargassed.