Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They should do more things like kicking doors and drinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

She actually lives AT the studio-slash-echoing-warehouse and so your meundies adspace listening actually is dual purpose, it pays for her house AND their recording space!!

The new studio looks nice as hell. With rent being what it is nationwide right now that might be a pretty good deal actually.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Just finished a rewatch of The Mick and I am heartbroken all over again that it didn't get another season. This was the best drat new comedy of the last decade, and was absolutely firing on all cylinders by the end of season 2. Just absolutely maddening that it got canceled when they're willing to make 4 seasons of AP Bio and Mystic Quest, which don't have a fraction of the energy and direction. Finished the final episode and I keep thinking "there's gotta be more, right? how would they not make more after that season?"

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I prefer the podcast when they use the current episode as a jumping-off point to discuss tangents somewhat related to the production or themes of the episode and use it as a point of reference for where the show was in its evolution, even if they barely discuss the episode itself. I assume if they have any really interesting things to say about the episode itself, they will say it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I agree. They basically came out of the gate with the perfect formula, then they (Rob) kept loving with it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Finding out that Rob is a business grindset guy in word and deed is undoubtedly the worst part of the podcast

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Phenotype posted:

Just finished a rewatch of The Mick and I am heartbroken all over again that it didn't get another season. This was the best drat new comedy of the last decade, and was absolutely firing on all cylinders by the end of season 2. Just absolutely maddening that it got canceled when they're willing to make 4 seasons of AP Bio and Mystic Quest, which don't have a fraction of the energy and direction. Finished the final episode and I keep thinking "there's gotta be more, right? how would they not make more after that season?"

I still keep hoping they will figure out a way to bring it back. But Fox loving sucks when they get a good TV show. They could just have Sabrina wake up from the coma years later and start up season 3 from there to explain why Ben is a teenager now...

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Phenotype posted:

"You're cut off."
"Why?"
"You just threw up in your beer glass"
"No she didn't. Watch."

:nms: and so good

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

AP Bio got more than one season? Lmao

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

No Dignity posted:

Finding out that Rob is a business grindset guy in word and deed is undoubtedly the worst part of the podcast

All I really know about are the NFTs and his Minecraft movie, what'd i miss

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

All I really know about are the NFTs and his Minecraft movie, what'd i miss

Turning the podcast from a fun low stakes rambling commentary track to a big showy and monetisable Product with loads of fail ad breaks and stilted episode setups

But yeah finding out he's an NFT guy too sucked

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Phenotype posted:

Don't drag 'Mythic Quest' into the rant. That show is really good. But I agree with the A.P. Bio thing. The Mick runs circles around that show. The unfortunate truth is that FOX has a long history of canceling high quality shows

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

DaysBefore posted:

AP Bio got more than one season? Lmao

Yeah, but only because it's a far better show than the Mick was.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The Mick > Mr. Quest > AP Bio

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ChesterJT posted:

what in the gently caress

mods???

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ChesterJT posted:

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Ranking Mr Quest above AP Bio is patently absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A084sQy8Oc&t=4s

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I haven't seen the Mick but AP Bio was great and got better each season.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It started good and got worse. Mr Quest started good and stayed good. Mick started great and ended great.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Aphex- posted:

That student with the goggle glasses was amazing.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Is "Mr" Quest an inside joke, or is the show so immemorable that multiple posters can't even remember what it's called?

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

oh jay posted:

Is "Mr" Quest an inside joke, or is the show so immemorable that multiple posters can't even remember what it's called?

It's what the guys call the show on the podcast, ya jabronie

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah, the running gag on the podcast is that nobody has heard of or watched any of the other two's other works. It is an excellent running gag.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's funnier because Charlie helped create Mithter Quest.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Aphex- posted:

My favorite part of the latter seasons was dropping a couple focal character students without mention.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Mick was great. I only watched the first season of AP Bio but that poo poo was a muddled unfunny mess.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Glenn rocking a Gojira shirt in the new ep, didn't think I could love that man more.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Didn't like either Mick or AP Bio, but AP Bio held me longer because it seemed like it may be able to improve. It didn't while I still watched it. Have had zero interest in Mr. Quest.

Anyways, new podcast is about a removed episode which is interesting. Also merch controversy!

Edit - oh no they were ebaums people

Super Deuce fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 1, 2022

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

1glitch0 posted:

Mick was great. I only watched the first season of AP Bio but that poo poo was a muddled unfunny mess.

Try again with your monitor on?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Nah, AP Bio was all right but nothing special. Felt like it could have been more, but they never really got a proper formula ironed out to make use of the cast, in favor of doing generic high school sitcom plots. Mythic Quest, on the other hand, was hot garbage from the very beginning. Really wanted to like that one, but I was honestly shocked by how shallow it was. Felt like The Big Bang Theory, only less funny and with less memorable characters.

It's really hard to believe Dennis and Mac ended up making such formulaic dreck, honestly -- between Always Sunny and The Mick, I thought that crew had a much better sense for the kind of edge that makes their shows so fun to watch.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

To me the standout worst part of AP Bio was the lighting.

Although his dead mom's house was well-done.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Phenotype posted:

Felt like The Big Bang Theory, only less funny

this is impossible

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

ShoogaSlim posted:

this is impossible

Check out modern Simpsons sometime.

BBT at least made some efforts

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

To me the standout worst part of AP Bio was the lighting.

Although his dead mom's house was well-done.

i think the lighting was what really turned me off on the show. it was like everything was loving blue all the time

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

drunken officeparty posted:

It started good and got worse. Mr Quest started good and stayed good. Mick started great and ended great.

I agree with this good post.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It's funny that part of Luther's gimmick in his later appearances is that he "doesn't blink," but it ruins it a bit going back to the first time he shows up, because he totally blinks. He blinks in the first shot you see him.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Very strong Gen X/Elder Millennial guy vibes this episode: Reminiscing about Ebaum's World, bringing up the new Top Gun out of nowhere, and complaining about not being able to figure out their TV settings.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
The episode of The Mick where she loses everything gambling and then wins it all back on a lucky streak and they take away zero lessons from it was amazing

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Pattonesque posted:

The episode of The Mick where she loses everything gambling and then wins it all back on a lucky streak and they take away zero lessons from it was amazing

Thought that was great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

New episode!

losing it at the G.L.E.N.N. system