Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pussy Quipped posted:

You would need a whole different chart just to plot the Gang+cast members sexual interactions and relationships.

someone make that chart pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Edit: poo poo, already posted a couple pages ago.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 1, 2017

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Powaqoatse posted:

someone make that chart pls

I tried, but this just kept happening

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Apparently "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" is going to be a real thing: http://www.avclub.com/the-team-behind-its-always-sunny-is-making-a-retirement-1800661157

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Finally binged the last season and it was pretty drat good as usual. Pretty consistent show imo.

Also talks about Glen not coming back suck because Dennis is such a great character. I do understand him wanting to do new things though.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ulio posted:

Finally binged the last season and it was pretty drat good as usual. Pretty consistent show imo.

Also talks about Glen not coming back suck because Dennis is such a great character. I do understand him wanting to do new things though.

From what I understand, Glenn's situation is why they're doing a hiatus; they left themselves an out in case he can't come back, but I think they'd have just jumped into the next season if they weren't planning on waiting for him.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah he never said explicitly he won't be coming back, just that it's an option and that for now he feels like he needs a break and that the character itself has kind of outgrown the gang, which is true enough.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, honestly it won't be so bad if Dennis leaves the cast; his shtick has kind of gotten more and more uncomfortable and less funny as the years have gone on, and it's pretty much only saved by Glenn himself being a loving comedic genius.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I liked the idea that the waitress would take his spot in the gang

Maybe act a little differently, but still fill the Dennis type of role

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Just bring back Schmitty.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would happily take a season of Gay Mac, Old Black Man, Frank, Charlie & Dee

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Bring back DB

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I would happily take a season of Gay Mac, Old Black Man, Frank, Charlie & Dee

Just say old man.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Just bring back Schmitty.

Sudeikis suuuuucks

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Artemisss

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Replace him with a doll like what Frank does with Charlie in Mac and Charlie die.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

It's also totally within the realm of possibility that Charlie left Philly as a child, but his mother just lied, so Charlie thinks Philly engulfs the tri-state area.

I think its a good example of writing yourself into a corner. Its a funny gag, but after 6-7 years they needed to start going outside the city to do stuff we hadn't seen yet. I know everyone in the cast has a very strong Improv background, and the core tenet of improv is saying yes instead of saying no. Saying "No, I can't leave Philly" isn't as funny or engaging or inviting to the audience as "Yes, where are we headed?"

I think that's one of my favorite running jokes with Charlie. It's hilarious that he is just learning about places outside of Philly in his late 30s. Actually kind of fleshes out his character a bit in a weird but somewhat believable way.

Also from a story telling point of view, it helps to have someone who isn't Frank need to have stuff explained to him by the rest of gang.

"Things are different on the mountain."

pooch516 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 8, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao i just playyyyin:

http://www.theroot.com/former-white-woman-discusses-her-black-woman-transition-1818651574

the resemblance is uncanny

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jesus, that look would be too much even for IASIP

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

holy moly that is too much

she cant be real

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is this one of those rare moments where I can, in 2017, point and laugh at this clearly delusional, mentally ill, wealthy woman?

I mean, surely trans-racial is unto itself a pants-on-head retarded concept that no one expects anyone to have to take seriously right?

I'm pro-marriage equality, gay rights, trans bathrooms, whatever, you do you, but Trans-Racial misses the mark so completely that I cannot fathom a 'right' way to do it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Pls do not start a debate over whether trans race is a thing. The objective thing is that she made herself look like a bad caricature, and that is funny // disturbing in equal measure.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
HOWEVER, I believe she is the woman for whom Dennis designed his dress

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

steinrokkan posted:

wow yeah she has literally turned herself into a freakishly disproportinate Dennis-drawing

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

steinrokkan posted:

Okay, now I get it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powaqoatse posted:

wow yeah she has literally turned herself into a freakishly disproportinate Dennis-drawing

lmao holy poo poo you're right

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You know reading the plot synopsis for the movie Mother! and it does sound kind of like an episode of Sunny.

"The Gang throw a House Party."

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The second season of the mick started a couple of days ago.

We're still doing Mick posting itt right? I mean we all agreed it was an extended bit from Dee's fantasies in "The gang saves the day" so.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The situations on that show make me cackle and her bf on the show is a cool mix of the rest of the gang

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

We're still doing Mick posting itt right? I mean we all agreed it was an extended bit from Dee's fantasies in "The gang saves the day" so.

There was a separate thread for 'The Mick' last season, but there doesn't seem to be one yet so I don't really know. I guess we might as well because 'Sunny' airs so infrequently.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They should do a crossover where mac just has a bird on his shoulder

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My roommate keeps calling it "The Mitch" for some reason

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't think there was a seperate thread for season 1.

I didn't realize season 2 would be out so fast after the end of 1. It was a good episode though.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Ben strapping Alba to the bed and reading her the entire Bible had me in stitches, and Jimmy gets better and better every episode. I'm glad to see him actually bond with the kids. Hoping to see the kids respect Mick and Jimmy more in the future.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

FELD1 posted:

Ben strapping Alba to the bed and reading her the entire Bible had me in stitches, and Jimmy gets better and better every episode. I'm glad to see him actually bond with the kids. Hoping to see the kids respect Mick and Jimmy more in the future.

I'm postulating that Jimmy is actually Chip's dad. It's a longshot but this recent episode had the Chip's apparent dad admitting that he wasn't his father after all. The real dad is either someone we already know as a character (like Jimmy) or it will be some one-off guest star appearance episode when the dad is revealed. Jimmy had a few scenes in the first season where he acted fatherly with Chip so this would add some dramatic irony to those scenes, if true. As well, both Jimmy and Chip are constantly having dumb schemes that hardly work out and usually end with terrible results.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
When's the new season popping up on Netflix

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Sean posted:

I'm postulating that Jimmy is actually Chip's dad. It's a longshot but this recent episode had the Chip's apparent dad admitting that he wasn't his father after all. The real dad is either someone we already know as a character (like Jimmy) or it will be some one-off guest star appearance episode when the dad is revealed. Jimmy had a few scenes in the first season where he acted fatherly with Chip so this would add some dramatic irony to those scenes, if true. As well, both Jimmy and Chip are constantly having dumb schemes that hardly work out and usually end with terrible results.

I think it would be funnier if Chip was Jimmy's half brother

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Kaitlin's burger scene from this weeks episode was definitely inspired by Dennis. Especially when she said "The patty COOKS the lettuce, which sogs the BUN which compromises-the-entire-structural-integrity-of-the-BURger". Just the way she said it... Perfect

https://streamable.com/hfy9c

Garfu fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 12, 2017

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

holy fuuuuck

I was rewatching The Nightman Cometh and noticed that the hitler dog painting is part of the set. Like, not the painting itself; they repainted the painting into the set for Charlie's musical. That's like 4 seasons before the hitler dog painting is ever even revealed

I guess he really did love that painting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m Halfway through a series rewatch and something that kind of floored me in the liberty bell episode is Charlie asking the historian if they will now become “AN historical landmark”

That’s a pretty erudite piece of English lore their for someone whose illiterate.

But I was literally watching Nightman Cometh when I read your post and didn’t notice that.