Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The dog painting wasn't the Hitler. Charlie painted the dog. The Hitler painting underneath Charlie's painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m Halfway through a series rewatch and something that kind of floored me in the liberty bell episode is Charlie asking the historian if they will now become “AN historical landmark”

That’s a pretty erudite piece of English lore their for someone whose illiterate.

The year was 1492.....

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m Halfway through a series rewatch and something that kind of floored me in the liberty bell episode is Charlie asking the historian if they will now become “AN historical landmark”

That’s a pretty erudite piece of English lore their for someone whose illiterate.

But I was literally watching Nightman Cometh when I read your post and didn’t notice that.

What's the lore?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is that really lore, though? I hear Americans say "an historic" on a regular basis. Granted, every time I do, I say, "You're not cockney. Pronounce it the correct way."

Also, how has no one made a The Mick thread? At least the first season had the excuse of coming out midway through the network TV season. I'd participate... as soon as I got caught up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I thought there was like a story or something. Yeah it's "a historic" in American English because we pronounce the h.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Exactly, it’s like Charlie playing the piano or being able to write sheet music while huffing paint, it just gives you this window into what Charlie could have been without the gang.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
He still would have been white trash.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey dude some of the richest musicians on earth are white trash

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

emanresu tnuocca posted:

He still would have been white trash.

With a wide stance

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Powaqoatse posted:

With a wide stance

Without the teachings of Dennis the Wise? I don't know about that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
great Halloween episode. Wish Sunny did more holiday eps.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Sabrina going full “I am a golden god” was amazing. Really this whole show is hitting its stride, and certainly is helping fill the sunnyless void.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Randy Johnson Fernando Valenzuela costumes might be my favorite thing.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Something about forcing Chip to dress like an animal and locking him in a cage for the duration of the party was perfect. I love watching that blow-hard little poo poo get dunked on.

Agreed on the baseball player costumes. Those were awesome. Jimmy covering himself in literal garbage for a costume was spot-on too.

This show is a fine way to tide myself over for the next season of Sunny.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Got to watch "Gang solves the gas crisis" with my Mother in Law tonight. She'd never seen it before and we laughed and laughed. It was some much needed comedy.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I know how to count, dude.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s weird how much I love this show but everytime I start watching season 4 I’m just floored by how loving hysterical it is

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Something I never noticed even tho fee draws attention to it is the dude pretending to be tiger woods/ Don cheatle in Franks Pretty Woman ( one of the best epps imo) is the same guy from The Gang gets Invincible and he actually was "that guy from the cosby show."

I love dee so much she's so evil also the more I watch the show the more I find myself attracted to her.

E: like that time Dennis explains the implication to her and she instantly gets it and volunteers her own similar system or thE episode where we find out she's got dudes all over town she berates into having sex with her. She's amazing.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 22, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

When I want to introduce a friend to Always Sunny, I pick "The DENNIS System."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can't believe no new ep. Just ruined my night.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Something I never noticed even tho fee draws attention to it is the dude pretending to be tiger woods/ Don cheatle in Franks Pretty Woman ( one of the best epps imo) is the same guy from The Gang gets Invincible and he actually was "that guy from the cosby show."

That episode convinced me to propose to my wife.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

I love dee so much she's so evil also the more I watch the show the more I find myself attracted to her.

E: like that time Dennis explains the implication to her and she instantly gets it and volunteers her own similar system or thE episode where we find out she's got dudes all over town she berates into having sex with her. She's amazing.

Don Cheatle is the perfect name for a Don Cheadle impersonator, he could work with Edward James Almost.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Yeah, he was Alvin on the Cosby show.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can't believe no new ep. Just ruined my night.

:same: I was really looking forward to it

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tars Tarkas posted:

I'll let you all have fun with the obvious jokes, but Lethal Weapon 5 might be happening. And it's not that old old old rumor about Gibson being dead and Glover seeking revenge.

quote:

Deadline hears that Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Richard Donner are all huddling on the possibility of doing another film for the the Lethal Weapon franchise. In the scenario we’ve heard Donner would direct and Channing Gibson (Lethal Weapon 4) would script. There are many moving parts, but we’ve heard that all are on board and exploring another film. It would move forward, of course, at Warner Bros., the studio that has brought audiences four in the franchise.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/lethal-weapon-mel-gibson-danny-glover-richard-donner-at-warner-bros-1202196260/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

whos got the merchandising for this shindig

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I'm starting to think that even I'm getting too old for this poo poo.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The movie is already half done, but their funding got pulled and Harvey Weinstein wants to include some scenes or he won't finish it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I recommend using this to introduce people to the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOYTXIzccc

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I suggested to a few friends. One of them watched all of it.

Imo the first season is one of the weakest. Also another problem with the show is that it is on European netflix but not North America. I know it is on Hulu but Netflix vs Hulu is like night and day.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

It’s on Netflix in the US.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
And the new season is STILL NOT ON IT

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Calaveron posted:

And the new season is STILL NOT ON IT

Yeah, they've always typically waited until a week or so before the new season starts to add it. It will likely be on by January (even though Sunny won't have a new season for a while), but yeah - Hulu has the new season first this time around.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs is a benchmark moment for television I tell you what

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I was watching Hoarders today and this older guy was all hosed up because his dad was an SS Nazi officer and basically tortured him. One of the stories he told was while he was out one day his dad killed his pet rabbit and cooked it for dinner. After dinner his dad asked him if his food was good and he said yeah and the dad was like "well I hope so because it was your rabbit" and I instantly thought of that episode.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 5, 2017

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

ada shatan posted:

Yeah, they've always typically waited until a week or so before the new season starts to add it. It will likely be on by January (even though Sunny won't have a new season for a while), but yeah - Hulu has the new season first this time around.

I wouldnt count on it

https://netflixlife.com/2017/11/02/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-leaving-netflix-december/

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Well that sucks. Good thing my wife was so insistent that we get Hulu as well.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Watching any scene in Charlie and Frank’s apartment makes me feel extremely good about my life choices and the opportunities that presented themselves to me and how I took advantage of them.
Me sleeping in my king size bed and using my toilet made of gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The Gang Gets Trapped is the standard by which all bottle episodes should be measured. I must have watched this episode 20 times and it never stops being funny.