Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phanatic posted:

I'm trying to get into the Mick and Kaitlin Olson is funny in it, but jesus the two male sons are the worst loving actors I've seen outside of community theater.

dayum, this is a powerfully wrong opinion

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah those kids are way better than some of the dreadful ones I've seen, who barely seem to know what their lines mean.

The worst is British sitcoms, they may as well get a wooden prop child sometimes
probably trying to screw up and drag the takes out as long as possible because it's british television and there is a 100% certainty they will be molested as soon as the cameras stop rolling:smith:

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Z is the best side character because somehow, despite barely appearing, you get the vibe that he's always 100% down with the Gang. Spitting on a whole bunch of people? Hell yeah he's there.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Z is too intense for me.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Z is too intense for me.

Yeah, I'd generally prefer a less intense black guy but they don't have any in their roster.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Well now they have Old Black Man!

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

Well now they have Old Black Man!

Just call him Old Man! :argh:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

kloa posted:

Just call him Old Man! :argh:

I think we just found out a new rule!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXe1v79RbV8

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Seconding the 'the mick' recommendation. I'm like 3 eps in and it's loving great. Also the sons are both decent actors. Dee is just fantastic.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah I'm 8 eps in, it's great.

Also I noticed in one episode Kaitlin is wearing one those RIOT shirts Mac wears all the time which made me chuckle inside.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Mick is great, and I am constantly amazed at what Fox lets them get away with. It's not as extreme as IAS but it gets really close.

Also yeah the kid actors are actually funny and can deliver a line. If anything I'd say the younger one has the best comedic timing of the entire cast

Unmature
May 9, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

The Mick is great, and I am constantly amazed at what Fox lets them get away with. It's not as extreme as IAS but it gets really close.

Also yeah the kid actors are actually funny and can deliver a line. If anything I'd say the younger one has the best comedic timing of the entire cast

I think The Mick's body count already surpasses Always Sunny's.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still thinking about that high heel casualty

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah I'm 8 eps in, it's great.

Also I noticed in one episode Kaitlin is wearing one those RIOT shirts Mac wears all the time which made me chuckle inside.

I bought one of those shirts a while ago. It's really snug on my beefcake frame.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Sounds like it's time to stop cultivating mass.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The man is carrying around trash bags full of Mexican food.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
To those who recommended The Mick, thanks. I've been binge watching season 1 while traveling today, I didn't think I'd enjoy it this much

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

I bought one of those shirts a while ago. It's really snug on my beefcake frame.

:same: less the beefcake frame. Some days I think I should cut the sleeves off it for full effect.

I also have Charlie's horse shirt which is legitimately a great shirt.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Hughmoris posted:

To those who recommended The Mick, thanks. I've been binge watching season 1 while traveling today, I didn't think I'd enjoy it this much

It’s really only getting better too.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Have there been any news regarding the upcoming season? Has Glenn confirmed his (non)appearance?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

steinrokkan posted:

Have there been any news regarding the upcoming season? Has Glenn confirmed his (non)appearance?

It was left up in the air because nobody knows if his AP show is going to be picked up/renewed, at least that is what I read, here in this thread, so hope it's true.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mac's directing the Minecraft movie at some point, too.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Michael Corleone posted:

It was left up in the air because nobody knows if his AP show is going to be picked up/renewed, at least that is what I read, here in this thread, so hope it's true.

Animal Planet show?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Unmature posted:

Animal Planet show?

Glenn Howerton: Manhunter

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If you didn't watch this, can you even say you had a Christmas at all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtFkJfbgJuE

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm so glad Kaitlin Olson stepped up and stood up to make sure they'd allow Dee to be as much of a horrible monster degenerate as the rest of the gang because drat that woman is hilarious
The Mick is really good

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

One of my friends saw a commercial for it and he said it looks pretty meh.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Calaveron posted:

I'm so glad Kaitlin Olson stepped up and stood up to make sure they'd allow Dee to be as much of a horrible monster degenerate as the rest of the gang because drat that woman is hilarious
The Mick is really good

Oh what's that? A tenuous excuse to post this video? Well if you insist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md9tA3hteiY&t=62s

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wonder if that’s her getting run over and rolling over cars

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Mick comes back tomorrow after the month break for no reason. Then the season ends in like 3 weeks. TV schedulers are stupid.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mick comes back tomorrow after the month break for no reason. Then the season ends in like 3 weeks. TV schedulers are stupid.

People travel during the holidays, so they don't want people to miss their shows, because broadcast channels still don't understand how DVRs or Hulu work.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

s8e8 Charlie Rules the World

In the final scene, after he's been styled by his own british god/self, Glenn's hair is a hilarious mess. It looks like he has a Dennis wig on top of his actual Dennis hair. Impossible for me to screenshoot, but keep it in mind next time you watch it.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Wrapped up watching the show for at least the 2nd time on all episodes, several more on many. What's everyone's favorite member of the gang? Frank is mine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I seriously can't choose, each one of them gets so many opportunities to shine and they're all amazing.

Well... I mean, OBVIOUSLY the best ever is Fat Mac, but he's dead now :smith:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Well... I mean, OBVIOUSLY the best ever is Country Mac, but he's dead now :smith:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Charlie for me. He's somehow both the smartest and dumbest member of the gang.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
1) Fat Mac
2) Frank
3) Regular Mac
4) Dee
5) Charlie
6) Dennis
7) Pondy
8) Charlie’s Mom

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Dennis is the best character to ever be on television.

"Hey, you think you're capable of killing someone?"
"Without a doubt"

New Mick tonight was good

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Dennis and Charlie tie.

And sometimes Dee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Dennis is the best character to ever be on television.

"Hey, you think you're capable of killing someone?"
"Without a doubt"

New Mick tonight was good

"for God's sake Dee, think of the smell! You haven't thought of the smell, you bitch!"

I'm gonna have to go with Frank, although it's a tough call. But none of the others emerged naked from a leather couch.