Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm kind of digging AP Bio, honestly. It's a complete cartoon, but that's not really a bad thing, and I don't mind it being a little lighter and softer than IASIP and The Mick.

The kids on it are loving great, which I think seals the deal for me beyond Glenn being hilarious. I'm just waiting for the writers to realize that Heather is the best character on the entire show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm kind of digging AP Bio, honestly. It's a complete cartoon, but that's not really a bad thing, and I don't mind it being a little lighter and softer than IASIP and The Mick.

The kids on it are loving great, which I think seals the deal for me beyond Glenn being hilarious. I'm just waiting for the writers to realize that Heather is the best character on the entire show.

Is Heather the nerdy girl who closes out every episode? I like that one.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bring back old gbs posted:

Is Heather the nerdy girl who closes out every episode? I like that one.

Yeah, do I hope that she's used sparingly though, don't want to :regd08: her

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Yea Heather (with the coke bottle glasses right) is a great character.

its clearly a network sitcom, but theyre working with so many different dweeps in the classroom, they can mix it up. at least, I'm hanging in there still

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

AP Bio is a lot of fun, but it also has a pretty big cast and it's hard to establish everyone in a small amount of time. They've not done a bad job with the first batch of episodes, and I'm hoping by the end of Episode 10 (I believe?) they'll have worked it out enough to nail a really solid second season.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

btw one of my favorite details of The Gang Gets Trapped is that Charlie has the leather jacket and Mac has the hat (& of course Frank has the whip).

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I always forget how physically brutal The Mick is between watches. I've been revisiting season one and I just got to the episode with the party and Jimmy's poor hands.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Loomer posted:

I always forget how physically brutal The Mick is between watches. I've been revisiting season one and I just got to the episode with the party and Jimmy's poor hands.

lmao speaking of poor hands jfc the newest episode :stonk:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao speaking of poor hands jfc the newest episode :stonk:

They really really hate Chip and its hilarious

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Milo and POTUS posted:

They really really hate Chip and its hilarious

He's pretty hateable!

They're getting a lot of mileage out of the Colonel too. :v:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/B0Spcd3.gifv

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao i was already amused that he was weirdly self proficient, making an entire roast just for sandwich meat, then.....

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I kept trying to figure out how they were going to go from making his own sandwich to action figure up the butt, but this was pretty good too.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If they just reattach his fingers and never mention it again I will be severely disappointed.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm betting it sticks, they've been pretty good about stuff like that.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Yeah, they kept continuity on Ben's back tattoo which was awesome.

I'm more curious what inevitable, terrible fate will befall the Colonel by the end of the season, though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I really can't tell if the colonel is going to snap out of it and call them all trash and die shortly after, or if they'll weekend at bernie him after they kill him

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do
I'm hoping that the Colonel lives through this all and ends up with Ben, and the rest of them all fall victim to their horrible selves.

The spin-off series, however, will be "Ben and The Colonel" and will effectively be a "Weekend At Bernie's" for television.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drunken officeparty posted:

If they just reattach his fingers and never mention it again I will be severely disappointed.

I dunno, they got enough money to have the fingers reattached and all will be well. Maybe have some stitches for a bit, but then all will be well.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The Colonel will survive them all.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FELD1 posted:

Yeah, they kept continuity on Ben's back tattoo which was awesome.

I'm more curious what inevitable, terrible fate will befall the Colonel by the end of the season, though.

Which episode was that? Its about tiem for a rewatch anyway

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

He's pretty hateable!

They're getting a lot of mileage out of the Colonel too. :v:

Pepper, a second rate seasoning? Yeah, that lil motherfucker deserves everything he has coming to him. I do think Sabrina's almost as lovely or even more but doesn't get near the comeuppance as Chip

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

It took me a second to process this when it happened. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. That was a good looking sandwich too.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/IFUx4UU.gifv

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Oh man, I totally forgot the double eye punch that Doug does there. Perfection. Also Jimmy's groin kick followed by groin punch.

Goddamn the stunts on 'The Mick' are top notch.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

FELD1 posted:

Oh man, I totally forgot the double eye punch that Doug does there. Perfection. Also Jimmy's groin kick followed by groin punch.

Goddamn the stunts on 'The Mick' are top notch.

He raccoon'd him. It's his signature move.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's better fight choreography than Iron Fist had.

I'm not being sarcastic, by the way.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Jimmy didn't have POCKET SAND so he used loose change. Excellent.

I too was fixated on the sandwich Chip was making and knew something was gonna happen but didn't expect the finger chop. Had to rewatch that a few times

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

pahuyuth posted:

Jimmy didn't have POCKET SAND so he used loose change. Excellent.

I too was fixated on the sandwich Chip was making and knew something was gonna happen but didn't expect the finger chop. Had to rewatch that a few times

Yeah, the longer that scene went on, the more work he put into getting all of the ingredients prepped just right, the loving way he checked on whatever it was he was roasting (prime rib?), I knew it would end in disaster. I thought he'd cut himself when he started dancing with the knife, accidentally of course. Then I thought, no, he's going to drop the knife, it's going into his foot, and hilarity ensues. Kept waiting... nope. Just when I'd given up hope, I saw how he was holding the sandwich as he prepared to cut, and I figured it out right when it happened.

Then I tried hard not to pee my pants laughing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/POzQnZR.gifv

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

GOO

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

This show is legitimately the funniest thing on telly at the moment

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

That's better fight choreography than Iron Fist had.

I'm not being sarcastic, by the way.

It's better fight choreography than a lot of shows and also well shot and not hosed by spastic editing. Shaky cam go home you are not welcome here

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
You gotta give it to Jimmy in that brawl with the girl's soccer team. They've gotta be kicking like mules and he only lost because of sheer numbers.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
As much as this was a fantastic episode (and I want to see Doug come back), I wish that The Mick would be willing to use the word "bisexual" to describe Jimmy.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, the homophobia was kinda weird. Jimmy seems like the kinda dude who wouldn't mind being on the bi-side

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I can't believe that Jimmy drinking Mick's vomit was far from the most revolting thing to happen in that episode :stare:

Alba just blaring on the horn screaming,"CHIPPPP! NOOOOOO!" was loving hilarious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Doublepost, but this is oddly sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3N08uSXBTE

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Slightly Absurd posted:

Yeah, the homophobia was kinda weird. Jimmy seems like the kinda dude who wouldn't mind being on the bi-side
I actually interpreted his response to "Jimmy, have you ever considered that you're gay?" as "Nah, I tried it but I hated it." Like I actually imagined Jimmy went and hooked up with a bunch of dudes and then concluded through research that he was straight and that thing with his cousin really was just a weird life event like Doug said.

I don't know. I think they were kind of trying to go for Jimmy not actually being "homophobic" in the sense that he had a problem with Doug being gay, but that Doug not telling him he was gay outright triggered that weird trust issue from that strange thing with his cousin. It was weird and at best kind of "heteronormative" I guess, but when it came down to it Jimmy get past it pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Didn't realize there was a newer episode. They just ignored the finger cutting :(