Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
When is the next season airing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

5th Sept I believe

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
surprising absolutely nobody, Mac is out of directing the Minecraft movie

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

bring back old gbs posted:

surprising absolutely nobody, Mac is out of directing the Minecraft movie
What why

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Just general development hell, plus Mcelhenney said on instagram last week that he’s got a new show in the works. I’m sure he just cut his ties with a likely dead project to focus on Sunny and the new show.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Microsoft couldn't even get a halo movie off the ground during its insanely overhyped peak. And they've bet way more of the farm on Minecraft than they did Halo. It must be a nightmare pleasing dozens of different interests.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There's pretty much no way a Minecraft movie is going to be worth watching anyway. The only reason most would even pay attention to it was for Rob directing it...

If he's got a new show in the works though, that should be good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Think about how much money he just walked away from... that’s how lovely it must have been to work for

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The only reason most would even pay attention to it was for Rob directing it...

I feel you severely underestimate the popularity of Minecraft

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Rickety Cricket: "It's not like I'm going to get blown up by a creeper or something"
*title music plays*

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Bushmaori posted:

Minecraft is dead. Long live Fortnight.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I has to google the angry bird movie, I’m amazed it made any profit given it came out long after Angry Birds had left the mainstream.

Minecraft would do fine as a movie

Also

steinrokkan posted:

Rickety Cricket: "It's not like I'm going to get blown up by a creeper or something"
*title music plays*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Only 6 year olds play minecraft. But tbf they'll drag their parents to any old poo poo if they think their friends think it's cool

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bushmaori posted:

I don't doubt that it was popular. But how many people really give a gently caress about MInecraft now? Everyone is on Fortnite. Minecraft is old, and even with Rob it was slated for May 2019 (where it's likely to go up against whatever Star Wars / Avengers poo poo Disney would put out), almost for sure going to bomb then. Now it's going to probably be fall or 2020 before a Minecraft movie would get released.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Guys everyone playing fortnite now at ages 8-18 was playing Minecraft 4 years ago at ages 4-14, it really wasn’t that long ago and for millions of kids it remains the digital equivalent of legos (a beloved childhood toy).

The Minecraft movie could make a billion dollars, but it won’t, because Microsoft are clownshoes

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I mean I understand the appeal to attempt to cash in at the box office on whatever the current fad is, but with how fast things change these days it's nearly impossible to catch that lighting.

Really they're better off taking an existing project and just slapping the name of whatever is hot last week on it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Super Mario Bros was a bad movie because it was made way after people stopped playing mario and they couldnt relate

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The minecraft movie could be 90 minutes of a block art rear end farting and still make a trillion dollars.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

drunken officeparty posted:

The minecraft movie could be 90 minutes of a block art rear end farting and still make a trillion dollars.

you just described the crowning achievement of human culture as if it were some cynical cash-grab

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

moist turtleneck posted:

Super Mario Bros was a bad movie because it was made way after people stopped playing mario and they couldnt relate

actually it was the best movie

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

moist turtleneck posted:

Invalid comparison, nobody has ever stopped playing Mario.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I think Super Mario Brothers is the perfect game. It's one of those games that you can not play for years, but then sit down and play and you're back there when you were 7, playing the poo poo out of it like you just woke up on Saturday morning and your dad hasn't demanded that you help him in the garage yet.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I think Super Mario Brothers is the perfect game. It's one of those games that you can not play for years, but then sit down and play and you're back there when you were 7, playing the poo poo out of it like you just woke up on Saturday morning and your dad hasn't demanded that you help him in the garage yet.

It always brings me back to the wan light of the gameboy illuminating the basement coal scuttle, as I listened to the merriment of the family upstairs that would never discover me until that fateful night

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Iron Crowned posted:

Depends on which mario. The NES ones feel weird and floaty to me.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Brawnfire posted:

It always brings me back to the wan light of the gameboy illuminating the basement coal scuttle, as I listened to the merriment of the family upstairs that would never discover me until that fateful night

How young are you that your gameboy illuminated things

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

TheBizzness posted:

I totally needed to buy a light attachment for my GameBoy.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Iron Crowned posted:

At least until your thumbs start to hurt and you discover with a slowly growing sense of utter disgust that yes, you have become an old person - and you didn't even realize.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

He was in the guys rear end to establish dominance

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

The Boy does not know age, only the coal scuttle

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Lycus posted:

I totally needed to buy a light attachment for my GameBoy.

Gameboy poo poo was awesome and terrible.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

I remember using some sort of green gameboy lamp to read lord of the rings at night in bed

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
White text, black background: "Mac and Charlie Design a Game"

...weird.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nightcrawlers Online

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
They made that game already, it's called Fugitive Hunter for the PS2.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/prettyuglyart/status/1030670960477827078?s=21

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Is Charlie dead in that future :ohdear:

e: or I guess he transformed into frank

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Now we just need a recording of someone yelling "shut up, bird!" at Stevie Nicks during a concert for the payoff.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Krankenstyle posted:

Is Charlie dead in that future :ohdear:

e: or I guess he transformed into frank

Frank died, Charlie had him cremated and then snorted the entire urn to become the new Frank

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Frank is already an old man and he uses trash as bandages, he'd be long dead by then. That's Charlie.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Clearly he made the ashes into a tea and drank them. That's why he wanted that done with his ashes - so that he could usurp his friends bodies and live eternally.