Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
This week's episode was amazing. I haven't enjoyed an episode so much since I was still getting used to the show it's first couple of seasons. There have definitely been better episodes but this had everything I love about this show in it.

They are such idiots but that's why I love them.

Harry posted:

Wasn't a huge fan of the episode, but loved that Dennis is still in touch with his crack dealer.

Thanks for pointing this out, I never notice things like that but they add a lot of humor.

Advice posted:

If anything, I feel it would have been more believable if they were refused due to the owner's opinion, like they said something stupid trying to loudly make their point about shooting up a crowd or something and the guy got sketched out and refused to sell to them. That would have made the episode flow a bit more naturally, I felt.

He upped the price to $4,000 and basically did refuse to sell to them though... not to mention the entire gun show turning on them :confused:

Mercaptopropyl fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Sep 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I feel really good about having never heard the name Carly Rae Jepsen before coming into this thread. What a dumb loving name too.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Frank and Mac's fantasies were the best, but they were all great. I loved Dennis shouting "I can't live without you!" at Mac followed by sobbing "I love you" over and over. Also the Rex callback was perfect.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

This is far and away my favorite season. There hasn't been a weak episode yet.

Also there were so many great moments from Season 7. I never understood why there was so much hate for it, but I also wouldn't say it was the best season.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

This was easily the weakest episode this season but I still enjoyed it.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Definitely my least favorite episode of the season.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Junkenstein posted:

Funny, I thought this season was the most consistently good for years.

This. The only episode I didn't love was The Gang Squashes Their Beefs. The quality of the writing this season was outstanding. I can't imagine how anyone could think the writing was worse this season.

This season has made me realize that a LOT of people watch this show for completely different reasons than I do. For example, I wish they'd stopped bringing back Cricket a few seasons ago.

edit:

Barf Wight posted:

I don't totally agree, but only because I think the last few seasons were strong as well.

The show definitely has a different feel some of the time, than in the early seasons, unlike some of you guys I just like where it's going.

Mercaptopropyl fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 19, 2013

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

CaptainHollywood posted:

Oh yes. Keep posting, so we can all relive it for the first time :allears:

This. Also when I re-watched the first episode after not having seen it in years, it was like watching it all over again for the first time because I knew so much more about these characters.

Turtlicious posted:

Did Danny Devito just kill a woman?

It wouldn't surprise me.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

I really hate the dayman episode and song just because people circlejerk over it like it's the funniest thing ever and any time IASIP is mentioned some nerd has to be that guy and sing it.

This. It was great at first seeing how many new people were discovering the show, but now I won't even mention the show to someone if I think they'll bring up the Nightman episode.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Nelson Mandela posted:

I got Dennis - perhaps the most terrifying of all answers.

I actually realised a few weeks ago that I'd sort accidentally D.E.N.N.I.S.'d a girl, so...

I remember realizing when the D.E.N.N.I.S. System first aired that I'd always used his system (unintentionally). Meanwhile all of my friends were talking about what an awful human being Dennis is, so I kept my mouth shut. :(

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Attention Horse posted:

Just started watching this show last week, it's so loving awesome. 4th season just absolutely killed me, and everything Charlie says and does is pure gold. Are the later seasons still awesome, or is there a decline in quality?

fwiw the last 2 seasons are easily 2 of my favorites. I enjoyed the 2-3 seasons before that while they were airing but looking back they had some pretty bad episodes in there.

edit: meant to edit my last post, oh well.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Boywhiz88 posted:

Not surprising. I mean, how many did they sell? In the era of Netflix, I see no reason to not just wait for the show to pop up there. And I don't care too much about extra features. I wish there was an option for commentary on these streaming services because I loved the commentaries for South Park. I plan on picking up an Apple TV and I'll probably just buy seasons as they air live, so why buy the discs too? I like commentaries but not enough to spend another 30-40 bucks on a set of discs that just take up more space.

Personally I'm either buying it on Blu-ray or I'm noy buying it at all. They don't get scratched and messed up nearly as easily as my DVDs.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Officer Farva posted:

I think the biggest missed opportunity is when they titled the one episode "Mac and Dennis Buy A Time Share" instead of "The Gang Gets Got".

No way, the "Mac and Dennis Buy a Time Share" reveal as they're laughing at Dee about how "You won't see us getting scammed!" was one of my favorites.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Pretty sure this is the first time the words "Jason Sudeikis" and "awesome" have appeared in the same sentence.

He was pretty awesome as Shane in Eastbound & Down for half a season until he overdosed on adderall or coke or whatever and died.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I really enjoyed this episode other than the people who are more focused on it being impossible to drink that much beer and not die.

I don't know about alcohol, but I've known plenty of people whose opiate use had built them up to a point where they needed to take 2-3x more than an amount that would kill me . Even if it's not the same for alcohol so what, it's a comedy show and who cares if it was 30, 50, or 70 beers. Teammates talking about how Wade Boggs just drank non-stop is great enough on its own.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

DNova posted:

Did anyone else notice Dennis stole a bunch of the other guys' shares of the night's take?

No but hahaha holy poo poo that's great I never would have noticed if you hadn't said anything but it was so blatant

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

CaptainHollywood posted:

Much like every season- I find it can reach HIGH and LOW.

If you just had to watch 5 episodes:

1 . Gang Breaks Dee
2. Desperately Tries to Win an Award
3. The Gang Saves the Day
4. Mac Day
5. Mac and Dennis Buy a Time Share or Flowers for Charlie

The rest are just ok-mediocre.

You could have just listed 6 episodes it's not like he specifically asked for 5 or anything

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

SrgMagnum posted:

Worst Episode Ever:

The Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre.

Discuss....

The first time I saw it it was my favorite episode of that season so far, and I didn't think anything else that season would top it.

However, it's not nearly as rewatchable as other episodes of Sunny. But for a first-watch I thought it was one of the strongest episodes that season.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I haven't rewatched the first season ever, cause I can't remember what the show was like without Frank and I don't care to find out. Gun Fever 2: Still Hot is great though.

The first season was all about niggers hanging from rafters.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I loved Frank not even flinching at Dr. Zimmerman calling him Franklin as if most people call him that.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Exploder posted:

I still think it's an homage, of sorts, to True Detective and McConaughey because of Dennis' repeated use of the phrase "alright, alright, alright." It still makes me laugh every time he does that, even after the third rewatch. Yes, that's how great this episode is, I've watched it three times already.

I was really confused about that line until reading this thread even though I found it hilarious.

Sweaty crazy Dennis at the end was also hilarious but confusing. Definitely a top-tier episode for me too.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Unmerciful posted:

This confused me the first time but I just watched the episode again and realized how much work the other characters are doing while Charlie's leading the lady around. Dennis was already exhausted when he and Mac stuffed the chickens in the vent so he was pretty much dead after racing around to load the truck and get back behind the bar.

Makes sense. It just felt like so little time passed since we last saw him that he should have been sweatier before.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Meatwave posted:

This reminds me of a scam at Fatwallet where someone discovered that you could buy money from the US Mint at face value using airline miles and credit cards with cashback bonuses. There was free delivery too, and for some reason card companies weren't counting this as a cash advance. The money being sold by the US Mint was only coins. Dollar coins and half dollars sold out quickly. So all these assholes bought like $2000 in quarters and dimes, lugged the change to their banks, paid down the credit cards, and repeated this cycle again and again for like $30 a pop. People were maxing out their credit cards doing this and calling their card companies to get limits raised. They were unplugging the ethernet cords on Coinstar machines, which apparently makes it operate without a surcharge.

Basically, Fatwallet people are like the gang from Sunny.

Wow, they could have just taken them to their bank if they came straight from the mint, they're already rolled and everything, would have been a hundred times easier to get the cash.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I don't watch this show for feel-good moments but maybe that's just me

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I was actually worried I wouldn't enjoy season 1 since I knew Frank wasn't in it and I loved his dynamic with the group in the odd episodes I'd seen before watching everything. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the season was, especially the underage drinking episode. Speaking of which, I loved the callback to that a couple of episodes back with Frank getting a chance to get involved in that scheme as well.

I thought it was great how regretful Frank seemed over missing out on the original scheme.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

grilldos posted:

If you didn't laugh at dennis in every scene he is in this entire season then I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, Dennis has been my favorite character for most of the show and I've loved watching him this season.

Also amazed at how many people think it started this season just because last season's premiere wasn't called The Gang Broke Dennis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

You'd think him being 61 would have been enough to get rid of him.