Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mortanis posted:

Oh crap... Charlie's invention let's a Spydar and Cat communicate....

Like a human and a Kaiju!

Holy poo poo, I didn't catch it at the time but he basically made an idiot's version of the device his character made in Pacific Rim. Even the other scientist was in the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Frankyourdrinkinghasafectedmeinthefollowingways you are ANNOYING.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ninjahedgehog posted:

You know, I was nice, I was cordial, but they kept zapping me, goddamn savages, idiots, IDIOTS, IDIOTS!IDIOTS!

just get in the car you fat rear end FAT FAT rear end

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Advice posted:

Are you implying that Charlie got molested by his uncle? Because I never got that vibe at all. I don't recall it being outright stated, and Charlie always seems to rebuff his uncle. He never wants to hang out with him, and it's because he's creeped out by him. If you want to imagine a show where Charlie was repeatedly abused by his molester uncle, wouldn't he show some weird signs of a victim mentality around him? Maybe act afraid or cagey near him? That's way darker of a show than Sunny ever tries to be. I got the impression that Jack, yes, is a freaky weirdo and probably a pedophile (though, to be fair, he never actually molests anyone. You could easily argue that he's a weirdo who likes wrestling with kids and thinks his hands are too small and like "tasteful, artsy pictures", but they've never had him come outright and say "LET'S gently caress SOME KIDS" and that's obviously intentional.) Sunny is a much more lighthearted romp than that. It's just poking fun at weird people, like Jack and the McPoyles and Artemis. If you really watched a fun, cute episode like The Nightman Cometh and couldn't get it out of your head that Charlie's behavior is apparently entirely the result of molestation from a character not even featured in said episode with no hinting or callbacks to said character at all then I kinda feel sorry for you.

Even me writing this was too far.
It is implied that the uncle and charlie have a pretty dark past. Never outright stated, but there was a definite implication.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ultramiraculous posted:

He aludes to a rape kit in Season 7, and then later goes and gets it from his car during the reunion...

HIS TOOLS! HE NEEDS HIS TOOLS!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maybe the dudes were babies???

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PittTheElder posted:

That video is not available in my country.

http://vimeo.com/110200712

Here is the vimeo version.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drunken officeparty posted:

Did you guys know Glenn Howerton was born in Japan :eyepop:

I had no idea but it certainly explains his physique.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

David D. Davidson posted:

The way I imagine the show ending is that in the first episode they just suddenly out of nowhere have a new member, no explanation he just walks in during the first episode while they are in the middle of an argument and joins in. He then hangs out with them for the rest of the season until the penultimate episode when charlie is just like "hey who is that guy we've been hanging out with recently." "I don't know isn't he a friend of Mac" "No I though he was a Dennis' friend." Then the guy walking in and they ask "hey who are you?" he says "I'm with the FBI and you are all under arrest." The final shot of the episode is SWAT bursting into the bar and a to be continued.
Then the final episode is the gang being put of trail for the laundry list of crime they have commited over the course of the show.

Sounds a little Seinfeldy

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I just rewatched "The Gang goes to the Jersey Shore". I think that might be my favorite episode of all time, the musical montage near the end where everything comes together (Frank and Mac partying with guidos and rum ham, Charlie and the waitress hanging out on the beach while she's rolling face, Dennis and Dee almost being killed and buried in a shallow grave)is a masterpiece.

Under the boardwalk.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Much like Dennis' drawer of sex tapes, at least one of which stars a 16 year old, it's best not to think too hard about the McPoyles.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Advice posted:

-Dennis' cassette tape of the 16 year old girl was audio only and upon discovering her age he immediately threw her out.

That's just the one we heard. The guy has drawers filled. Like I suggested, best not to think about. This ain't bridge denim we're talkin about here.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I love that there is a woman, a short guy, and a swole guy in the cast and they didn't make them the obvious dee, frank and mac.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CobiWann posted:

But she’s my wife, can’t I just move in after completion?

you've already hosed up Seperating Entirely, because you are a bastard man.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nasboat posted:

Mac and Charlie Die needs more love

That lovely grenade gets me every time

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zotix posted:

My favorite episode was the Gang hits the road. That episode had me in stitches the first time. From dennis knocking the biker over, to dee pissing in the jar and throwing it on mac, to the guys in the back passing out when the wicker furniture burns up. I also liked when the gang went to the jersey shore, because hey, everyone loves getting ripshit on ham.

TREES?? everywhere TREES?!!??

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You haven't thought of the smell you bitch!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Remember that Frank had ariline miles from pulling the Boggs stunt, so he already had a bunch to spend.

Great catch if that's where they got the miles from

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hard Clumping posted:

This fact is horse poo poo. Only my facts are accurate.

Did y'all notice how Charlie stomped the chair on the ground multiple times, then at the end it fell apart? And then Dennis took credit? Just another example of some of the subtle setup/payoff humor this show does so well.

noticed this on a re-watch, thought it was dennis smashing the chair each time. good eye/.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hard Clumping posted:

I actually caught it the first go around, so

ugh i know i said u have good eye so maybe ur other eye is on the fritz(the one u read posts with)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pahuyuth posted:

Who was in the toilet stall when Charlie and the inspector went into the bathroom?

the murder guy from last week

hes fat so his poos are big

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cojawfee posted:

No one. Charlie pulled shoes and a pair of jeans out of his backpack and staged a fake person in the stall. Then he told Mac to groan into the vents and say "I'm sorry" because he knew the vents went from the office to the bathroom.

lol this isnt the LOST thread take ur weird theories somewhere else

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think it was just meant to make you wonder what it was about throughout before the gag. Can't think of any reference to TD or Birdman from it. Possibly they used it as a cue for positions on set too and made the gag as a reason for there to be a loud noise every so often.

Birdman did a thing where they would use like big band music for soundfx to accentuate other stuff happening and the Sunny guys did it in this episode too, but it's not like the movie Birdman invented doing that, they just did it recently.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TraderStav posted:

Truly Chardee is the name we'd have to choose.

Oh god, what if we've had it backwards and the reason Dennis is getting so unhinged is because HE is the one ignoring his true feelings...

MacDennis 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I wonder if his face turning red that fast and veins showing was edited or real.

Some people can force blood to rush to their face. He did it the episode Dee got a bit of her hair caught in a carnival ride too.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I need a gif of Dennis almost running into the wall, that was hilarious

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ that was great, with far too many amazing moments to count, though Rex's,"....oh poo poo!" when he learns about the Supreme Overlord Master was pretty spectacular. Dennis jumping straight to the endgame and telling them to commit group suicide was incredible too.

Thanks. I so badly want this to be improv

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eeeewwwwwww it looks so real. look at the shirt folds

actually real fat mac would have that shirt pulled tight like dick skin

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oh my god that's a really good likeness

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Oh my god. Guillermo Del Toro was a McPoyle. that just blew my mind.

Holy poo poo I had no idea that's who this guy was:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Weird, now I am interested in the Minecraft movie

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chaotic Flame posted:

:allears: This should be at the top of every page

i can never get over just how smooth and graceful it is

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reset Smith posted:

That matches up shockingly well. Great Job!

"Dayman" and "Nightman" align almost perfectly, like it was the base track used before the editor had the legit orchestra music.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CobiWann posted:

This is the movie they’re parodying. I know this because the star of this movie, Dean Cameron, is the guy early in the promo who says “Party Mountain!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1oaKKLyC80

It’s the best 80’s movie ever made in the 90’s.

Is that Christopher from The Sopranos?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
completely lost it when Charlie had only his top shirt button done up. goddamn perfect

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Noctone posted:

Yeah I'll admit I was fooled, it was really funny and in character for Frank to go to those lengths to try to get his changes incorporated into the game.

Plus the actor they got is constantly the corporate guy in everything. He's never the shady schemer. I bought the matel thing just based on who they got to play the character.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cojawfee posted:

My favorite is Charlie changing his shirt to just the top button buttoned.

highlight of the episode for me.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sammus posted:

I love how quickly everyone bought into it when Frank said his game was based on Operation.
This terrible game is the one thing they do with any integrity

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drunken officeparty posted:

https://twitter.com/alwayssunny/status/687350905222463488

Promo video for tonights episode.

I feel like they already did this one though

I loving love this twitter and video embedding poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sector_corrector posted:

They're really ramping up the Dennis is a serial killer angle this season. I wonder if they're going to go even further with it.

probably going to try and take Dees skin