Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
They have to still be in philly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Just watched _The Heat_ on an airplane ride across the Atlantic.

Man, Kaitlin Olson was *wasted* in that movie.

I don't mean she was drunk, I mean they took the funniest actress on television and did nothing with her but had her talk in a bad accent. What a waste.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Saw this at the King of Prussia mall today. Which means today was pretty much a win.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Is this, or other Fatwallet scams, documented anywhere? I find it kind of fascinating and I think it would be interesting to read about what else they've exploited. I don't frequent the site at all, do they have any kind of "Comedy Goldmine" equivalent?

It wasn't a scam, there was nothing illegal about it. The Mint wanted to get dollar coins in circulation, so they were selling them with free shipping and accepting credit cards. So people would use their cashback-bonus credit cards to max out their limits buying coins. Then they'd use the currency they just purchased to pay off the credit cards, and profit to the tune of the cashback bonus amount. It wasn't limited to Fatwallet. And it could also work with cards that award air miles for purchases, except now instead of the cashback bonus you're getting free trips.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/07/13/137795995/how-frequent-fliers-exploit-a-government-program-to-get-free-trips
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-mint-ends-the-dollar-coin-scam-for-airline-miles-2011-7

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-interview-298

Jesus, 10 years?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

spoon0042 posted:

Yeah, gently caress the Schuylkill Expressway. You think Dennis was being crazy? You don't know poo poo. :v:

e: Like PA highways are godawful to begin with but it's the main route from the west into a million plus population city and it's only four lanes mostly with no median and barely a shoulder.

Yep. And there's this curve:

That, coupled with the inability of 95% of drivers to simply sustain speed through a curve instead of mashing their brakes results in constant traffic jams. If it's rush hour, you're hosed, the whole thing moves at about 10mph. If it's a weekend, you're hosed, the whole thing moves at about 15mph. If it's one of those times where everyone's at work and not trying to get into the city for a show or a game, well, your odds of being hosed and stuck in crawling traffic the whole way in are about 80%.

It's a serious shitshow of a highway.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Sister just saw them shooting a Mac and Charlie scene at 10th and Market.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

What's the perfect introductory episode to Always Sunny? If you were going to try to get someone hooked on the show, what's the one that really sums up each character and what you can expect more of?

By way of example, for Archer that episode is Placebo Effect, where he finds his cancer meds have been replaced with sugar pills and Zima by the Irish mob and he goes on a rampage. Every character is involved in a way that perfectly sets off that character, but doesn't require any contextual awareness on the part of the viewer. What's it for Always Sunny?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I went to a very white school district on the Main Line outside Philly. Current demographics of the township are 89.55% White, 5.67% Asian, and 3.09% African American, so you can imagine what it was like in the mid-80s.

Our 8th-grade musical? The Wiz.

I loving loved this episode.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Edit: poo poo, already posted a couple pages ago.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 1, 2017

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

These have shown up around Philly and I love it.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I'm trying to get into the Mick and Kaitlin Olson is funny in it, but jesus the two male sons are the worst loving actors I've seen outside of community theater.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/RMcElhenney/status/960359959031578624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=num58Pwnvdk