Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Show is still far better than the leagues been for a one season plus this til date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Gonna disagree. I really like both shows but The League makes me laugh far more often than Sunny does the last few seasons. Personal preference and whatnot I guess. Sometimes Always Sunny feels too much like "Hey, remember when we did this before?" and although I thought this episode was good it just felt like we've been here before. Which I suppose we obviously have, being that it's more or less a sequel episode with 'too' in the title.

Think what you feel, but at least Sunny is clever with their callbacks. The League hasn't grown much after season its first three seasons which I thought were all outstanding and much better than the Sunny episodes they shared their slot with, with maybe the exception of its first, cuz season 5 is my favorite season of Sunny by far.

This season of the league so far seems really stuck in a rut and not forwarding their humor. Yobogoya and public making GBS threads, DRAIDS, Dre being completely oblvious to completely obvious euphemisms, Ruxin saying forever unclean. I dunno, at least Sunny seems to make fun of their callbacks.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Just a loving phenomenal episode. We all have a little Country Mac in us.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ShadyNasty posted:

I think I read that he takes a pill, like in Limitless.

Please be meth.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

dinosaursforsale posted:

I know 'The World Series Defense' is a less popular episode, but the whole exchange between Dee and Mac while they're outside Frank and Charlie's bug-bombed building is one of my favourite scenes of the entire show. Dee's delivery of "oh poo poo, there's stickers!" when reading Mac's letter has me spitting every time.

It is no such thing. It's the ultimate example of the gang invading normal people's lives. And its terrific.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Zsinjeh posted:

I hope you worked on your core bro, so far all I'm seeing is upper strength

e:

"I am sure our relationship would be a real homerun..."

What is this poo poo? Where is the laughing bailiff?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Advice posted:

I must be history's greatest monster because I absolutely loved Frank's Brother and Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare and I hated Mac Day with a passion.

I don't care what episodes you like but if you hate Mac Day you're a loving hitler.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Also George Takei

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Also: "You convince yourself that you're tough, and that you're straight" -"I am tough".

My favoriet part.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Zotix posted:

My favorite episode was the Gang hits the road. That episode had me in stitches the first time. From dennis knocking the biker over, to dee pissing in the jar and throwing it on mac, to the guys in the back passing out when the wicker furniture burns up. I also liked when the gang went to the jersey shore, because hey, everyone loves getting ripshit on ham.

That seasons was loving hysterical to be honest. The last 2 episodes weren't great but there's not a bad one among the others. Personally, I'd put the World Series Defense as slightly ahead of the Gang Hits the Road.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Ariza posted:

Thanks duders! I thought maybe I was becoming Victorian while reading this thread and seeing people into it. I did love Mac's sweet mesh shirt. I had a friend who used to wear one of those everywhere, but you just don't see them anymore.

Why would Sunny make you become a Game of Thrones character.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

TTBF posted:

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Gonna use the spoiler tag for people who don't want to know what's going to happen next season.

I'd rather have an FXX crossover. Animate the gang and the league guys and throw them into archerverse.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

True, but it was more of a 'plausible satire' thing back then, as the show was more prone to social commentary in the first season, going to massive bloody crucifixes took a while after that point.

When was there massive bloody crucifixes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Nate RFB posted:

I loved the episode but like several other episodes in this series I definitely got the sense that they needed a couple more minutes to flesh out a couple of jokes/threads. Frank's thing with the woman for example.

I think other than the rare two parter, we're pretty much not getting any more episodes longer than 20 minutes from now on.