Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

escape artist posted:

Mac and Frank - Jersey Shore. What else?

Was it in "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom" where Frank shows up and asks Mac to take him out to find girls, and Frank uses "the move" on the dance floor and scares them off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

escape artist posted:

So let's see if I can figure this out. Only two Dennis and Frank pairings. Were they both in "Gang Gets Whacked"?

Dennis and Frank going to the orgy and glory hole shenanigans in "Mac & Charlie Die".

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I'm a little confused, are you telling me this photo of Bruce Jenner is your resume?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

At the risk of over analyzing the show, I had a question after a recent viewing of "Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth": Charlie has taken a job as a janitor at the school, and is very proud that the kids are calling him "The Professor". My reaction is that it's a sarcastic jibe at him, since he's a janitor who eats oranges out of the trash, but the kids seem sincere about it when they're greeting him. Any thoughts?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Meatwave posted:

This reminds me of a scam at Fatwallet...

Is this, or other Fatwallet scams, documented anywhere? I find it kind of fascinating and I think it would be interesting to read about what else they've exploited. I don't frequent the site at all, do they have any kind of "Comedy Goldmine" equivalent?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Phanatic posted:

It wasn't a scam, there was nothing illegal about it.

Poor choice of words with "scams". I probably should have said "schemes". But thank you for the links to those articles.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

So, a really dumb question, but in the group dating episode from a few weeks back, is the whole issue of rating people on a 5 star system through organized group speed dating a reference to a specific dating service? Like, is there some sort of Tinder type service that they're spoofing with that, but which has people rating each other?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Shadow posted:

I missed Cricket's video appearance it seems. When was that?

Right before they played the "Fast Money" round, I think. They all collectively agree that they really don't have anyone better to go to for those types of things.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

My favorite bit in Liberty Bell is Dee's reaction to Charlie testing the gun that would later pop Brit-Cricket's head on her. She's a witch after all.

Someone pointed it out in this thread once before but Col. Cricket dropping his accent when he asks why she keeps spitting in his mouth is great, too.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Best Sunny Episode is Frank's Little Beauties. This is hardly debatable.
Do not diddle kids
no good diddlin' kids!

It's a grand old flag...

I don't know this, I do not know this one!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

I remember when Dennis Gets Married was the old bogey episode, it didn't start the season off well. But when paired with the next episode, it's pretty fun.

Kind of a rarity in that there is direct continuation of a storyline from one episode to the next. That hasn't happened much throughout the history of the show.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

When I first saw the episode and having never used Tinder or the like, I thought it was a real service they were spoofing, just a different name. It seemed realistic enough.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

They're really ramping up the Dennis is a serial killer angle this season. I wonder if they're going to go even further with it.

I feel like this exact quote has been tossed out at some point in each of the past 3-4 seasons. It's a slow build!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Reset Smith posted:

It is astounding how often the Nazis come up in a sitcom about friends running a bar in Philadelphia.

I had this exact same thought. It's... odd.

Also Dee's highlight reel should have included Frank spraying her with the fire extinguisher.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 28, 2016

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Charlie is a bit of a film connoisseur.

Definitely. Dog Day Afternoon with the "Attica! Attica, man!" quote.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Troy Queef posted:

Does this mean we'll get a Josh Groban guest spot?

Only if the show pops. Groban only goes on shows that pop.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

OldSenileGuy posted:

I will never understand the weirdo obsession this thread has with the insane theory that Dee and Charlie are secretly banging. As near as I can tell it's purely based on that one episode where they banged, they both felt super uncomfortable about it, and the episode ended with them being extremely eager to forget it ever happened and put things back to normal.

I guess in TVIV-speak that translates into "secret longstanding sex affair"?

It's a classic "will-they-or-won't-they" thing. It keeps the audience coming back.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Did anyone ever meet the Gang and not have their life completely ruined?

The Maniac's life improved, actually -- he kicked rear end in that reverse funnel marketing scheme.

RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

An easier question is who is your favorite recurring character?

Uncle Jack!

(Despite his small hands...)

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

That is one of my favorite line deliveries in the whole series. I quote it way too much in my life.

His delivery of the next line is perhaps even better.

"No I'm not acting you BITCH!"

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

timp posted:

From Mac’s Big Break
Dennis’s Radio Voice

Two wars?!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Dennis looks like he aged 5 years. It must be hard livin' in North Dakota.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Also, why did Mac's room have stuff in it but Dennis' didn't?

I thought they were going to have Charlie and Frank smash up things in Mac's room, like Mac and Dennis were doing in the living room, only to find out they were smashing up Mac's stuff and the escape room people didn't put any props in his room, and Mac would freak out (particularly when he'd find his dildo bike smashed to bits).

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

That might have been nearly a perfect episode of television... Curious if there is still 2 charleys or if some other random person is impersonating Charlee to go to the Super Bowl...

Really didn't know I needed an Always Sunny Home Alone parody, but I guess I did.

The episode description, at least on my TV provider, spoiled who is in the suit.

If you really want to know, it's: Cricket as others have speculated.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Any idea why they bleeped out Jason Kelce's f-bomb when they've not censored that word previously this season? Was it a meta joke about Kelce dropping one at the victory parade (uncensored)?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Dennis and Dee in particular look weird and like they've had cosmetic stuff done. Dennis has looked like the doll ever since they introduced the doll.

Glenn's hair dye is way too strong, which is ironic because the show itself poked fun at the character using ridiculous hair dye, and now the actor himself is actually doing it. I guess that joke went full circle.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

the escape goat posted:

when Dee pulled the makeup wipes out I absolutely lost it

Kudos to the show for setting up the hair paint job in the earlier episodes this season. I even posted in the thread saying it was Glenn with bad hair dye but now we find out it was intentional, which I suppose shouldn't be surprising because for a sitcom this show definitely goes to impressive lengths at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Have they said if the podcast is a temporary thing or are they planning to run it continuously? Even though they don't really talk about the episodes much, if they do one for each episode, that's quite a lot of material.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

As far as I know the guys have basically barely mention her existence other than being originally cast to be Dee. It was likely either a super bitter breakup or she has greatly exaggerated her actual part in creating the show originally... Or possibly a mixture of both.

Or maybe watching their pilots with her, maybe she got cut because she was not good, as well as breaking up? (Not just their pilot here, it's what was filmed for FX).

"Super bitter break-up" with threat of a lawsuit, basically.

Here's her own account: http://www.ramshackleglam.com/2016/...-and-sweet-dee/

I can't speak to the veracity of course but it doesn't paint a pretty picture.