Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

The Waitress' name shouldn't be revealed. Not every mystery needs a reveal.
Maybe the last episode will feature her snapping and killing them all for not knowing her name.
Not really but still. I feel it's funnier not knowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Zsinjeh posted:

Uhh what, you're supposed to blow them up with air and jump on them to make the grownup version of jumping on juiceboxes. :colbert: It should dominate the room.

Psh best use is re-filling the bag with other alcoholic drinks and sneaking them past metal detectors to get drunk on the cheap at sporting events.
It's like a white trash camelbak.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Mac and Frank running the sweatshop in Fatty Magoo v Aluminum Monster was kind of adorable. Not the sweatshop, but their interactions. Mac just wants to do well in front of a father figure :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I don't know why I love Sweet Dee walking down the street pecking at the cheesesteak so much, but I really really do.

because it's visually hilarious but also because it pops up right after the line

Hughmoris posted:

How do you catch a cricket?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

On the Uproxx article about this someone made this crappy but somehow endearing photoshop:

The Charlie Rocket :3:

he's got a kitten mitton on too :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

AbstractNapper posted:

People are showing up to a bar that doesn't even have a sign.
It serves only one old-timey disgusting drink, that nobody likes.
Goddam, I hate gin. Dee, you bitch!

I live in Portland so it took me a moment to realize that oh, poo poo, not every bar serves booze in mason jars :stare:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

kingcom posted:

Portland sounds like a scary place. I don't know anything about it except theres apparently a tv show set there?

"Portlandia" is pretty much Portland but in a slightly heightened reality. this city is so far up its own rear end.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

pentyne posted:

For me the best part was the quick mention by Mac of his urges and compulsions that he has to go talk to a priest and get them out and then he's fine.

Mac is gay.

"And you, Mac, you pretend that you're tough. and straight."

"...I am tough!"

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

season 10 is on Netflix now, y'all!
e: oops, just UK, sorry,

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 5, 2015

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

such a tiny moment, but during Dee's song in "Frank's Little Beauties" where Dee puts some church in the line "...big, humongous pain in my vuuuuuh-gina!" slays me every time.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

"Storm coming? Hatchet coming!" :haw:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

quote:

Hot, huh. Yeah. It is super hot. It’s getting really hot around here. So hot, Wally, but you don’t really know what hot is, do you? Hot’s a storm. You ever been in a storm, Wally? I mean, a real storm. Not a thunderstorm, but a storm of fists raining down on your head. Blasting you in the face. Pummeling you in the stomach, hitting you in the chest so hard you think your heart’s gonna stop. You ever been in a storm like that, Wally? [Dennis, at this point, completely naked, screams in the horrified Wally’s face in unfathomable rage.]

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

anatomi posted:

YOU FAT COW!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Doubt it as there go to wrestler is dead.

bring in Joey Ryan :allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

they could do a thing where they all start accidentally killing people and the last episode is a clip show where they're being tried in court and a bunch of old characters tell their story about how the gang is mean

What kind of shape do you think Cricks will be in?

...oh poo poo wait what if they end the show in court because they actually killed him :ohdear:

Or Bruce Mathis! Oh man. That poor guy. The truly unrelated innocent in the show.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Eh, he did marry a man to his own daughter. A big part of the charm of the show is that you cannot actually interact with the gang without becoming inhuman yourself.

See: Artemis loving Frank in a dumpster

lol at the idea of Artemis not already being that freaky.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

It's almost a shame that Frank didn't kill Dennis and the doll would've simply replaced him for the rest of the season.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Glenn Howerton is an incredible and somewhat terrifying actor.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

watched the first 3 episodes of The Mick on a flight the other day and oh my god, it's incredible.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

If you liked that, just wait. I was on the fence with the first half of the first season but it really escalates. Enjoy!

just finished and holy gently caress, that ENDING.

then Hulu automatically played “Frank’s Brother” and I can’t understand why people hate that episode.
“Why, you don’t look a day over 12!”

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

Sabrina got struck by lightning, had her big toe blown off, and may or may not have serious brain damage, and is in a coma, while everyone stands around her in the hospital.

Perfection.

She was struck by lightning because a drunk Mick insisted that she wave around a samurai sword in a storm, mind you. It's incredible.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Hating comic sans is stupid and nobody who isn't in graphic design does it not because they arrived at that thought independently. They all do it because they were told to hate a typeface.

it is legitimately insulting and exhausting to look at. everything about it feels infantile.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

It's a million times better than hearing some nerd express his hatred for a font. That poo poo was tired 20 years ago.

excuse me, Comic Sans is a typeface

that said-
I started a rewatch of season 13 and it is better than I remember it being? sure there are some episodes that are overall "eh" but they all have at least one or two incredible moments that make it all worth it.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

pahuyuth posted:

Yep!

The Gang Gets Romantic

summary Mac concocts a scheme to attract single women to Airbnb Dennis' bedroom, while Frank and Charlie concoct similar plans to attract young, European coeds. But neither ad attracts their intended target.

lol holy poo poo this can't be released soon enough

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

My favourite part was the reaction when Dee put her hand on Mac. The seething and instant rage the whole gang has towards Dee is never not great. Even in situations where it feels like they're all in a great mood and having fun, the moment Dee over-steps her place in the pecking order they turn on her so fast and so brutally.

the fact that Dee and Mac are married in real life makes all of their horrible interactions so, so much funnier to me

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

when Dee pulled the makeup wipes out I absolutely lost it

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

For any The Mick fans, Scott MacArthur is in El Camino.

also incredible in Righteous Gemstones!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I am both bummed and relieved that they didn’t find a way for Dee to whizz on Mac.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

watching “The Mick” again and despairing that it didn’t last longer than it did. The “degen adjusts to having a decent lifestyle due to having to suddenly care for her rich family” thing couldn’t last forever, but it was so perfect.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I honestly wonder how often they have to suddenly cut to the next scene because the take was so amazing but everybody suddenly cracks at the end.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Charlie being able to read Gaelic without a problem, Mac’s meltdown about being Dutch, and his blunt “not him” about being trained by another priest were amazing.

These past two episodes were perfection.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

eke out posted:

charlie's "wait, explain empathy to glenn" is so fast lmao

Glenn’s absolute bafflement at it being a feeling is just more proof that Dennis is Glenn but not altered whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

started watching Mythic Quest out of morbid curiosity and I’m not sure if I should be mad at myself for liking it?