Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Apparently even with the new channel, Always Sunny is doing good.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/05/outstanding-fxx-debuts-for-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-the-league/201208/

Glad to see the sudden channel change didn't gently caress things up for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Kinda cool that he can just pick it up whenever he wants, though. Would be sweet if more people could do that.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I love how Country Mac comes out of the river he just jumped in...holding the beer in his hand and drinking it :v:

I have a cousin who's pretty much exactly like Country Mac, and they really hit the tone perfectly. An actual badass who does badass things, but doesen't brag about them and is really laid back. SWS really put on a great performance.

Also, the episode was hilarious. "Charlie, did I complain when we crawled around on the floor for 10 hours looking for goblins?!"

"No, and they were Ghouls, and actually we found three so it was pretty awesome."

"We didn't find any because they DON'T EXIST!"

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Drifter posted:

I thought him dying by literally just tipping over from his motorcycle was funny as poo poo.

Yeah, when he was riding away I thought he was going to get hit by a truck or something like that. Falling over from a speedbump and hitting his head was way funnier.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I loving love that they all just steal and run out the front door at the end :allears:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

JakeP posted:

They explain it in the gang gets a new member. Schmitty was not a fan of Nightcrawlers.

All it needs is a mobile base to spice things up!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Any news on if they'll continue after season 10?

I mean If they don't, that's cool. If they do, that's cool too. Just wondering if they made any comments either way.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

escape artist posted:

It was rumored that it would end, but either Glenn or Rob shot that down. It's still up in the air right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if FX gave the crew raises for keeping the show on, since its the flagship show for their new FXX station.

Yeah I knew about the whole rolling stone interview thing, that's why I was wondering.

Hopefully the gang isn't too pissed about being shoved on a new network that some people don't get. I know some of the dudes from The League weren't too thrilled by it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Turtlicious posted:

So I'm watching this show for the first time, holy poo poo the first season so far is amazing!

Haha, you haven't seen poo poo yet :v:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Turtlicious posted:

Yeah pretty much, I just wasn't expecting it and it was a bit much.

Always Sunny has plenty of "shocking" moments, but the key to them is that they just supplement the crazy poo poo that's already going on. It doesn't really rely on them.

Just pointing this out because if that made you uncomfortable enough to skip an episode, you'll come across some more instances you might not like.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
D. B., my main man, you got tossed into the right dumpster.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
TELL HER SHE'S A WHORE

ALWAYS BEEN A WWWHOOOREEE

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Did it start before or after the "brown out/put all our browns all together" Who Got Dee Pregnant episode?

Way before.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Seems like there's a marathon on right now on Comedy Central. 7 whole hours! Looks like all of season 6, and a few from season 7.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

escape artist posted:

Which episode is that? It is season 8 or 9?

Season 8, I believe.

I think the name of the episode is, "Charlies Mom has Cancer" or something similar?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

DrBouvenstein posted:

(Bolding mine.)

I love that in the Christmas Special a few years back, Dennis and Dee make fun of Frank for using such a weird term for masturbating, and then they start using it too. :allears:

Anyone know when the latest season will go onto Netflix? I browned-out for a lot of episodes, so I'm sure there are some jokes I missed.

Usually it's around the time the DVD is released, which is usually right around the end of summer.

Off topic a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept doing the show after season 10. Judging by interviews and comments by various members of the gang, they've pretty much said that they still enjoy doing the show and that they haven't burned out on it yet because they only do like 10 or 12 episodes a season. It'll probably up to FX, really.

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 2, 2014

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Looks like they pushed back the start of next season to January 2015, though :smith:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

PittTheElder posted:

:negative:

Where did you see that?

quote:

The upcoming 10th season of Sunny will not launch in the fall as previous ones but unspool in January 2015, paired with RCG’s newest series, a comedy created by McElhenney, Day, Howerton, and Sunny writer Rakhe and starring Tracy Morgan.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/rob...n-comedy-pilot/

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

omg chael crash posted:

Glenn said on Preston and Steve(radio show dudes from Mac's Big Break) that none of the new season will be filmed in Philly because of babies and reasons.

Understandable.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't miss the push back if they knew about it in advance and might be able to tie up episodes with things like NYE etc. The Christmas special was so good and it always saddens me that the show is usually off the air by November, so we've not had another.

God, that Christmas special is spectacular :allears:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Harry posted:

Have the ratings recovered due to being on FXX? The thread seemed to be a lot less active this last season due to it.

Well there haven't been any new episodes in almost six months, and next season is premiering in January...so...we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Harry posted:

I kind of meant towards the end of the season. I was under the impression FXX didn't even turn "on" for most people like 1/4th of the way through the season.

Nope:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_Always_Sunny_in_Philadelphia_(season_9)#Ratings

It did the usual "trail off until the season finale" thing that shows do, only FXX really hurt it. I'm sure FX just looks at it as a type of "loss-leader" type situation anyway, and the gang got a multi-season renewal and $$$ deal so they're probably not that pissed anymore either.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Has the premier of season 10 been moved up to sometime in October? I know it was supposed to be sometime in January because they wanted it to lead into Tracy Morgan's new show, but that got put on hold since he's still recovering from his accident.

I watched a YouTube video the other day and it was preceded by a quick Ad that claimed new always sunny premiere in October...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Hmm I don't think so, it was just a quick 15 second teaser and I don't remember it being in Russian :v:

It specifically said it returns in October, that's why I was confused. I'm at work right now, or I'd see if there's a way you could search YouTube ads...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

FoglyOgly posted:

Good god when do the new episodes come out this thread is ridiculous.

January :(

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
"Dennis, your mule is poo poo. I am no longer turned on by mules."

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Powershift posted:

I've started watching through the show again from the start. Frank started out so god drat normal. His progression into a lunatic was so smooth.

It really was, you can just see him enfold himself into the group and become as big of a piece of poo poo as the gang.

Probably the biggest piece of poo poo, actually...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Ahahah, I loving love this show. A shame we have to wait until January for new episodes :(

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Yeah, but a sociopath who gets bossed around so much that he isn't allowed to eat an apple

I AM NOT ALLOWED TO EAT THE SKIN DEE I AM NOT ALLLOWWWED

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

This is great :allears:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

LividLiquid posted:

When's this coming back? Doesn't it usually come back about now?

January. It was supposed to be a lead in for Tracy Morgan's new show, so they pushed back the season to coincide with that.

Morgan's show is on hold because of his accident, but the season still debuts sometime in January.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Dr. Witherbone posted:

I just started watching this show a little while ago, a clip on youtube convinced me to give it a shot. I'm on season 1 episode 6. I know sometimes long time fans like the novelty of a fresh set of eyes, would anyone be interested in reading my thoughts on the show?

I'm sick as a dog so I'm not doing much else but watch it.

Yeah man, go for it. It's always funny seeing newbies reactions to things.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Welp, guess we'll never see him on the show again :(

What a piece of poo poo.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
"You're white trash!"

"No, you're white trash!"

"White trash!"

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
One of my favorite always sunny moments is the gang making fun of mac for having candy sticking out of his pocket. I think after they do, mac drops them everywhere.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Reinanigans posted:

I think maybe a lot of this has to do with Rob McElhenney being the least talented actor of the group. I think the fat Mac decision largely stemmed because they kind of ran his whole closeted gay/karate loving/power mad schtick into the ground.

You think this, but hey did Mac day like two seasons after fat mac sooo

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
"He's got the boner again."

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Aye Doc posted:

what was the opinion on the Schmitty episode for you dudes?

I love it, especially the speech at the end and Mac's delivery:
"Dee inspired me. She said you're an awesome janitor Charlie, you can make this whole school slippery. I said sure, I'll give it my best shot and then she's like Let's be best friends! and I was like sure I'll give that my best shot too. So we're best friends now."
"Yeah, that's.. that's quite a conversation you had with her, isn't it?"

I love when Mac gets excited that he can order whatever he wants for lunch now.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

CobiWann posted:

Hey, have you guys seen my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong?

Happy 70th, Danny!

You've got the AIDs big time! You've got the AIDS big time!!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

ultramiraculous posted:

All this Danny DeVito talk just makes me think of stoned Frank. If that wasn't the best thing ever, I don't know what is.

yes....

"Holy poo poo Deeandra, this is wacky. I want you to go download me a hoagie off the internet."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

I think I heard Glenn talking about this on a podcast a long time ago, glad to see they finally got it published.