Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Hooray for the return of OBM!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Oh christ I'm singing again.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Can anyone else not re-watch Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs? I don't think it's a bad episode, it just feels too suffocating and tense. I know that's the point and that's where the humor comes from, but for some reason it hits a weird nerve in my brain that makes me feel overly uncomfortable to the point that I have to shut it off.

Are there any Sunny episodes that do that to anyone else? Ones that aren't necessarily bad, but you can't re-watch them because the subject matter is just too upsetting?

All my friends have one episode that is too uncomfortable for them to rewatch. It's why this show is so good. For one friend it was the baby funeral in Dee Gets Audited. I can't watch the group dating episode because Dennis (which sucks cause "hey ladies, I'm Frak!" Is loving hilarious). My wife can't watch the Extreme Home Makeover episode. I have a friend that can't watch the Gang Buys a Boat because the implication. Other friends have other episodes I can't quite remember.

It happens. It's also why we all love this show.

On a side note, I know this thread hates Frank's Brother, but I can't hate it because it gave us "I guess I have no choice... but to be a mature rear end adult about this!" That's one of my favorite Sunny moments.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Good loving god. That last 90 seconds of that episode was absolutely incredible.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

Anyone catch this?

Good for Hugh Manturd. He really needed something after Mr. Covington's House was cancelled.

Old Lady House was cool, but nothing was ever going to touch the theme song to Mr. Covington's House

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Great, now my mind's trying to connect the hand thing to the pedo thing and I don't like it.

http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/Hand.shtml

Not exactly 1:1 but it is always what I think of.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Bogart posted:

Thundergun Express is good for how gleeful Frank is telling the poor tourists about his life.

One of the things I like doing most is banging who-ores

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Cricket actually looks less hosed up. He is even making it sexy again. Hips and nips.

Is Cricket undergoing his own street urchin Renaissance?

Edit: poo poo, all Dee did this episode is apply the lesson she learned from The Gang Broke Dee.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 16, 2017

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

The gang is, unsurprisingly, inconsistent with their bar management. Sometimes they pay their mortgage 2 weeks late. Sometimes they're at their tipping point. Sometimes they lock customers in because 2 happened to walk in, sometimes they pack the house for a wet t-shirt contest. Sometimes they can play Chardee MacDennis all day, sometimes someone gets stabbed to death because Mac can't remember who all he has already allowed in the bar that night (okay, maybe that is also incompetence). Anyway, there are a surprising number of plot-lines that actually depend on Paddy's doing some amount of business.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

The last dog that was serially attracted to Cricket wanted to bang his face because it looks like a dog vagina. So I think it's fair to say Belle is a lesbian.

That's my fan theory. Thank you for your time.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Watching it again. I forgot Belle said Cricket's brother's shoes smell like poo poo.

Edit: And Dee calls her "street-mongrel" this episode is better than I thought the first time.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Dennis can't even survive a month in the suburbs. I don't think he can adjust to North Dakota. He's got too much of an edge.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I watched the Christmas special today and had a dumb moment where my suspension of disbelief broke cause I couldn't imagine how Charlie and Mac got out of the mall post Santa bite. But that dumb moment led me to a different question.

How many times do you think the gang have been on the news?

They were legit on the news in Sweet Dee gets Set on Fire, the Gang Exploits a Miracle, and Gun Fever 2. Do they get on the air with Jackie Dinardo? Either way, they are at a riot (and Frank was in LA for the Rodney Kng riots). Surely Santa getting bitten in the mall would make local news. They probably make the news in The Gang Goes Jihad. They possibly chainsaw a notorious serial killer so that feels like that should be half credit assuming someone hears.

Of course if we go beyond tv, they are in the paper in The Worst Bar in Philadelphia.

Any other episodes I'm missing?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Seeing as Dennis is both a crack addict and an angerholic, that video seems pretty in character.

The fact that the show never drops Dennis and Dee's addiction is my wife's favorite thing about of the show.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I don't particularly love the liberty bell episode, but I do love that the gang casts themselves as loyalists. That's very funny to me.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

The plane is full of women and some have pussy hats on. Is Dee gonna beat Boss Hogg's record on the way to a women's march?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Yeah the climate poo poo is real bad. And if you keep your ears open you can still hear transphobes referencing Randy becoming a dolphin.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

There's the entire episode about how Frank called Mac a human being and it was a hate crime, but in the end it gave him the opportunity he needed to come out of the closet.

Also, to reiterate, anyone who feels safe calling you a slur because they saw it on South Park would almost certainly be that lovely of a person without the cartoon.

The argument that the show shouldn't be criticized because homophobic viewers would be homophobic anyway is so ridiculous you should honestly feel bad putting it out there.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

If we really want to get into an etymological argument, which we don't, isn't it widely accepted that "political correctness" as a term was actually invented by communists in the context of if an argument or text conflicted with the party line? And the its meaning radically changed during the culture wars as a way for the right to oppose student movements and the rise of ethnic studies departments? Like, isn't that a pretty common understanding of the history of the term?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I really loved the meat cube pay off.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

"Put on auto-motion plus" was like one last final solid kick to the balls of the movie industry :xd:

I love how the moderator slowly wore down till she was just screaming curses at Charlie, her,"gently caress!" when he didn't realize Thundergun had a son was the best.

Yeah, her delivery of "fuuuuck man!" is one of my favorite deliveries from the whole series. It is perfect.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I'm poo poo-tweeting at work. Can any of you fine and industrious goons find or create a .gif of Jessy Hodges saying "gently caress man, what?" From a few weeks ago? I think it will make a fine reaction .gif.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Gumscraper instead of gumshoe is inspired.

Also the list of suspects. "Pon D" "Lee Am Mik Poyl"

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Super Deuce posted:

Episode was good but would have been better without the breaks. Breaking is funny when it's live, but character breaks in theme episodes are weird. They just revert to normal unthemed version? Like, why?

Nah, mostly because i think those breaks played very strongly to Kaitlin Olson's (and Mary Elizabeth Ellis' but mostly Kaitlin's) strengths. Nobody in the business is better at making thise frustrated/ugh noises as her. The height of her craft, of course, being the response to Ben the Soldier saying she is a mean person. But the breaks gave her/Dee a chance to be exasperated and it was good.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Charlie has come a long way from knocking himself out with mustard gas to becoming immune to it.

This episode brought me a lot of joy. The extreme close ups of Frank, for example, really made me happy.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Dennis is going to give Shelly COVID and it's going to kill him. Mark my words.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

[Double post. Very functional app.]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

In one of the podcast episodes Rob talks about how at a certain point of rich/famous you can surround yourself with yes men and its important to have someone that can tell you an idea fuckin sucks. I wonder if immediately getting bullied by your fans on twitter for NFT nonsense is one of those moments of clarity.