Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You could have pieced that together yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Who was Charlie calling in the beginning?

That episode was really great. One of the few episodes of any show I ever botherd to rewatch.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I always thought it was one of the 'least believable' aspects of the gang's social dynamic that Charlie doesn't try to hit on dee more often.

Oh, please. Charlie has a very stable relationship with the waitress.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

And yes, I love how any straight men on the show they do have are eventually poisoned and made just as bad as the gang.

Dee's father technically isn't a terrible person yet. But ironically his actor seems to be, so he might not appear again. That might be the only way for characters of this show to not sink to that level.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
"It's not a head in a box, you psycho. It's a head in a freezer!"
That was kinda nice.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Was that the first time, where Dee and Mac were in a social circle where they were the sane ones by comparision?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Am I really the only one who hates that gif? You ran it into the ground.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

It's always weird seeing Mac without hair gel. He looks like a ompletely different person.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I wasn't a fan of this episode. I guess they can't all be winners. To bad.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I loved that Charlie would be the one who has a problem with undercooked (imaginary) chicken.

And Mac is a terrible cook. He could make anything imaginable and what he comes up with is boiled chicken, brown rice, no butter, no sides and blue kool aid. But yeah, he's the guy who settled on eating kraft mac&cheese for a whole month.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 10, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Plot hole: how could Charlie and Frank do every ride if one of them was filled with Mac?

But the episode was downright amazing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Also I loved that most of the staff were just dead inside and didn't give a poo poo about anything. "AIDS in the water, everybody out :geno:"

To be fair, they have to work with kids all day. That poo poo kills your soul in a matter of hours..

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Can a human being drink six gallons of beer without dying? Hell can a human being consume six gallons of anything without dying?

That's the legend. It's especially unhealthy in high altitudes.

Drinking 6 gallons of water over the length of a flight would work. It's quite unhealthy in the longer run, but in essence you would just need to pee a lot. Like roughly 5 1/2 gallons.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

Haven't seen last nights but them killing that dude in such a brutal way :stare:

This episode is even more :stare:. Jimmys whole situation made me cringe a lot.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

Remember when people said that Trump would be great for comedy.

Did anyone ever say that? All I heard was that he is so ridiculous that he'd destroy the very essence of all comedy.
Looks like that was right.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The Colonel will survive them all.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

I love that Jimmy is just good at everything.

Yes! When he was introduced, I obviously assumed that he was just some deadbeat looser, Mickey ended up with. But it has become really clear that he's a quite cool and talented guy, whose only real flaw is that he had let himself get dragged into her swamp of depravity.

I kinda wonder if this character arc was planned from the start.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Jack has the correct opinion about jazz.

I like the fact that Heather and Dan are both explicitly into each other.
All in all, Jack has a remarkably positive influence on Jack. He made him reconcile with the kid he bullied, Dan made friends with some of the nerds and now he'll have a girlfriend. Not to mention that they were really into philosophy after reading his book.

I guess the big thing about this show is that Jack might be the favorite teacher to some of these dorks, since he's the only one which forces them out of their shell. He may be a self obsessed rear end in a top hat, but he's actually really smart, and they respect him for the sprinkles of life lessons he hands out sometimes. Sarika might be the only one who actively dislikes Jack.

I really do love the idea of this show. It's a nice and gentle world, from the perspective of a psychopathic cynic, who doesn't want to engage with any of it, but still manages to help the people around him.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

withak posted:

Actually with a classroom full of high school students it is a gradual thing.

Counterpoint, those are obedient nerds, who usually sit there in silence anyway.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, Dennis is the worst...

Why did Mac get chubby again?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 2, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Waitress should have seduced Waiter. He seems like a nice dude. Certainly better than Frank. She didn't actually break Dennis's little record, did she?

By this point, I she has slept with every male member of the cast, plus Sex Doll Dennis. I wonder if there might ever be Dee plus Waitress. BTW it's really gross to try to portmanteau these names Deeitress, Waitree? .

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

can we stop complaining about people complaining about the quality of the show every season?

Only by going one layer deeper. It's an eternal hole with no means of escape.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Doltos posted:

The other characters definitely aren't on the same level as Dennis anymore.

So, what you're saying is that they need to up the ante?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Doltos posted:

Yeah the others need to catch up. Being an illiterate stalker, a closet homosexual, or a bird isn't on the same level as an actual serial rapist.

I've yet to see definitive proof that Dennis is a rapist. So far it's all just circumstantial hearsay. Are you sure you want to call him that? Accusations like this often raise a lot of dust on both sides, and it's sometimes best to keep yourself covered. If you really want to start this process, I will note it down but the accusation will stay in your permanent work record.

I am really sorry. I'm joking here, but,this vile garbage is stuff a HR department would actually say.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The real world always tries to outcrazy all forms of satire and vice versa. That's a spiral of destruction and misery.

Should satire be outlawed?

Could Trump have become president if satirics wouldn't have normalized that idea by coming up with something almost as stupid as that?

The general idea of satire is to make the audience hope it never gets this bad. But how often does that happen in a helpful way?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 17, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I love that they're so dysfunctional that they can't even sit in a room and remember stuff anymore. That's kinda pathetic, actually.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Huh, I guess that episode confirmed that I'm straight. I watched that and was kinda impressed by Mac's moves and physique, but felt no attraction at all. The woman caught my eyes way more than him. Her movement was incredibly flexible and dynamic. The way she slid over that floor looked incredible.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Powershift posted:

I know, like, was it all make-up or did they spray something in his eyes to make them all swollen or did he show up having an allergic reaction one day and they were just like "gently caress it, let's roll with it"

I was going to make a joke about how they just skipped the make-up altogether, but Danny Devito seems like a cool enough guy who doesn't deserve to be mocked like that. I'm making this post because I actually feel bad for this train of thoughts.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I agree. Pretty much every one of them is awesome in some way. I hope they will get good roles, once this show is over.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Even if it might be over now, AP Bio had some great moments. The kids were usually great and I hope the actors get good roles in the future.
From the most recent episode:
"I'm the second worst after Markus? :ohdear:" "U-huh."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Michael Corleone posted:

Jack moved the fridge in himself, Durban helped him move the old one out the day(s) before.

He did ask him to also help bringing the new one in and Durban would have totally done it, with no regards to his pain from the surgery.
But yeah, it was kinda weird that that happened during the competition, because he wouldn't have been able to help anyway.. The authors didn't really think about the timeline enough.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I want a whole season where everyone is ripped except for Mac and the running joke the whole time is how angry he is that he can’t cultivate mass.

Imagine a Ripped Frank :eyepop:
Well, he was Arnold Schwarzenegger's twin.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

This was awesome. Every character at their absolute best. To me this is so much better than when they're just filling bit roles like last week. They also seemed to have their energy back after two episodes where their acting seemed forced. I love that they don't even tell the audience what the plan is and it doesn't matter. I never get tired of Dennis's increasingly creepy and unsuccessful attempts to seduce women. "I threw all the hard candies at the idiot children."
I can go to your house and use your makeup to wear the face of a different man.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Slightly Absurd posted:

thankfully, shorter people tend to live longer, so hopefully that means devito is immortal

Devito just keeps shrinking to escape is fate.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

https://twitter.com/FXNetworks/status/1337170739217145862

More seasons to replace the ones that get removed for being offensive.

Wow four seasons at once is a lot. The world will be completely different in four years time.
Has any show ever been renewed for four more seasons at the same time?
I guess FX was considering 2 or 3 and just decided to go for the record.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 11, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Ah thanks, thermostat derail avatar buddy. Yeah, that makes sense. But I honestly doubt there will be 70 episodes. It seems like Harmon is already bored of it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I heard that the tears you cry from onions actually work differently than the ones from tear gas, effectively diffusing it. So some person like her brought that fully expecting to be teargassed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

Twitter sources telling me she found the onions in a Wendys bathroom

Putting bathroom onions on my teargassed eyes to own the libs.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

deong posted:

Some dude proposed to his gf while flying a small 2 person plane over Denver. Implication being she's gotta jump if she says no.

It wasn't even a proposal. He asked her, to be his girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Carthag Tuek posted:

guess she did say no after all :ohdear:

"... Ye...Yes dear. I will be your girlfriend. So let's just safely land this plane and get back to civilization, so we can tell everyone."