Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
poo poo if you want it to be a bicep you need more veins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
*click click click* It's so easy to get you.

I love it when Charlie shows that despite being an illiterate paint huffer he is in fact a lot smarter than Mac.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I feel that Sunny is the kind of show that is always stronger when you marathon through seasons rather than wait a week between the episodes, I recently viewed all seasons in the span of a few days and the new episodes do feel kind of weak but I think that it's mostly due to the weight of expectations. I'm sure that this season will have its share of brilliant episodes and that once it finishes airing and I get to rewatch them it'll be just as funny as previous seasons.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I dunno I think Charlie made some really good points concerning the big Guns vs. Swords debate.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
At least you don't have a sword problem, a far more serious issue.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Harry posted:

There was an interview posted earlier where Glenn talked about this. He basically attributed it to them not playing the system to get nominated/win the award. That's why in the episode they were trying to play the system.

The awards literally mean nothing to them.

Though winning one would have meant a lot.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Charlie is probably not as stupid as he usually acts, he's just illiterate and is constantly put down by the gang, not to mention constant substance abuse, he's probably only a bit less intelligent than Dennis maybe a bit more than Mac. The pills convinced him he was ultra intelligent, and he also sobered up for a few days, so he genuinely appeared more intelligent than he usually does.

His actual intelligence didn't increase it all but he was compelled to act less stupid. That's how I see it.

Stupid science bitches.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Why would anyone want a show to be cancelled. It's not even a serial show where it semi makes sense to be annoyed if the story winds up becoming progressively worse and you kinda feel like you've wasted your time following up on it. It's just a show meant to be funny, if you stop laughing you should stop watching, why on earth would you 'wish it was cancelled'?

As far as I'm concerned even if it becomes a stale lump of crap (which it really hasn't) I'd still hope that the gang would keep getting paid for doing what is probably a very fun job.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jH4T3LQvUs

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sunny extras are pretty good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vms9_FKblHE

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't think I wrote that

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

quote:

Season 5

After Frank sublets their apartment, forcing Charlie out, he approaches his mother about letting him move in. Bonnie tells him that she has rented his old room to Uncle Jack. Uncle Jack is more than willing to share the room with Charlie, saying that they can "pal around" and "get nuts". Charlie refuses, however, mentioning how Jack "tried to share my room with me when I was a kid", thus making it much more clear that Jack molested Charlie when Charlie was a kid

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sunny is not a depressing character study, it's a show where depraved people put themselves in unrealistic situations and do funny poo poo, the "is he or isn't he?" thing is pretty much a recurring joke where characters have a certain perception of themselves which conflicts with the way they're depicted, it's never made explicit cause that would ruin the humor, the point isn't for Dennis to act like he knows he's a serial killer rapist, it's for him to think he's a Casanova while acting like a PUA rapist psychopath. Much like Mac always acting like he's this badass personification of mucho-masculinity while in effect he's a chickenshit closet homosexual who can't even do a roundhouse kick.

(To avoid political correctness derails: I do not imply that being a homosexual is a bad thing just that Mac views himself as a mucho super-hetero guy and we're supposed to find it funny that he secretly wants Dennis to do to him amazing things with his penis.)

This is really just part of Sunny's humor, it's horrible, dark and hilarious. Also completely unrealistic.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Potential BFF posted:

"I know we've never said this as a group, but Mac's gay."

Yeah and that happened in what, season 8 or 9? In an episode the is pretty much all about "what Mac thinks he is vs. what Mac actually is". I'm not saying that Sunny never makes things explicit, it pretty much does whatever's funny, cause they're funny guys.

Mac Day is an amazing episode.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfh2lz_Gzv4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qza7s-ls4Q

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't forgive you.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I feel like I've made myself perfectly redundant.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Wait a minute, to this guy is a pedophile?

Dude just can't catch a break can he.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Nate RFB posted:

No, it was Stephen Collins who played Bruce Mathis (Dennis and Dee's biological father).

:thejoke:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sunny is legend have respect.

Savages.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-lolbx6-5s

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Right plus, she didn't even feel a thing.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Charlie not being as retarded as he usually acts doesn't make him a genius. The show isn't consistent with these sorts of things anyway, sometimes he'll be clever and manipulative like in "Charlie and Dee find love" but other times he won't be able to follow a simple conversation and think that it's beneficial to be a wild card and cut the van's brakes. Even his illiteracy isn't fully consistent, it got a lot worse after the fourth season, in 'the gang runs for office' he writes Dennis's grammatically broken speech while later on he can't seemingly read or write even simple words, although he also writes his mom's speech in "Charlie's mom has cancer".

I would still rate Charlie higher on the 'morality scale' than the rest of the gang cause he only seldomly acts maliciously where for the rest of them it's the first choice in every situation.

Man I'm really suffering Sunny deprivation, I think I've watched every single episode 3-4 times in the past couple of months.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
That's cool, Jew karate, I've got more of a catholic thing going sorta of a "hand of god"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Shut up dude don't ruin this for me.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The final shot of "The Gang Finds a Dumpster Baby" might be the single best shot of the series, a fantastic episode all around in general, very strong gruesome twosome (best twosome) performance as well. Best season opener?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
P Diddy's (Sean Combs? What name does he go by these days?) appearance in "Charlie's mom has cancer" is one of my favorite celebrity guest appearances, not as great as Schmitty or Fatty McGoo maybe but for a one time character he's pretty awesome.

"Hell yeah that's racist!"

The charlie/mac speech and Dennis' reactions also get me everytime "Give me money. Money me. Money now. Me a money needing a lot now"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Most guys find her to be an eight or nine out of ten.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
She totally fits the profile imo.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I just noticed that in the highschool reunion that first song that plays when the gang gets in is "Go for it" the song they made up to fit with Danny DeVito's adlibbing in "Charlie gets crippled"

oooooh go for it go for it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
"Those were the days."
"You sound like you yearn for those days, Frank."

Is a great exchange. And yeah I enjoy Frank's Brother, it has plenty of great moments. Frank's Colombian montage is great, "poo poo you don't look a day over 12", "everyone's a lot fatter than I was expecting them to be". Good episode.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
"Tell people we pushed youuuuuu"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Well, he does have the most refined palette.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Well they definitely have sex with Margaret, and watch each other have sex with Margaret.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Those are all running gags, Yes Dennis did not have sex with that 16 year old however his interest in 'younger women' is mentioned rather frequently, he always cards the chicks he bangs, he got a hickie from a 'very young lady', he was always dating freshmen girls etc etc.

And yeah, Charlie wasn't molested but uncle Jack is a pedophile and he did try to do things to Charlie when he was a kid, to the point where when they had to share a room Charlie would stay up all night so that Jack wouldn't take advantage of him.

And both the McPoyles definitely have sex with Margaret, whether they bang each other is an unresolved mystery.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
In Mac Day after country mac jumps into the river and Mac returns to the rest of the gang all freaked out, does it look to you guys like he pooped his pants? He walks in a very funny and acts a lot like he does at the end of the episode after the ocular pat-down.

Edit: Also the Season 8 blooper reel is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZwWEa6exsY

is there a DVD release of season 9 or something like that? Would love some bloopers.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 25, 2014

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
She’s got blonde hair, she’s perfect in every way. Feet—not too large, not too small. Blonde hair, she’s gorgeous not like a bird. But like a beautiful woman, definitely not like a bird.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Serial killer, I like that, I like that. It's little bit of an exaggeration but I see where you're coming from. And I like that and I see it as a compliment.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Brett DeLawyer, a denial correlation, what does that mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I want you to say to yourself, "Chimichanga, you are delicious, but what do I really want?" What do you want more than anything else in the entire world?