Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress everything from the "Crazy" montage to the end was pure gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just got around to finishing the season. Disappointed there wasn't a resolution to the Charlie/Waitress plot, but I guess they're hedging their bets on Glenn Howerton leaving. If he goes, they can replace him with Mary Elizabeth Ellis.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m Halfway through a series rewatch and something that kind of floored me in the liberty bell episode is Charlie asking the historian if they will now become “AN historical landmark”

That’s a pretty erudite piece of English lore their for someone whose illiterate.

But I was literally watching Nightman Cometh when I read your post and didn’t notice that.

What's the lore?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I thought there was like a story or something. Yeah it's "a historic" in American English because we pronounce the h.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This show must be hell for them to schedule now. I remember a DVD extra on like Season 2 where they talked about how tough it was to schedule around Devito and they had to shoot all his scenes for the whole season in a two-week rush.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The fact that they only talk about this in the season 2 commentary and the fact that Danny features much more prominently in the seasons that came after makes me think this is no longer an issue, season two was produced with a shoestring budget, the show became FX's biggest hit since then and Danny seems highly committed to it.

There's also the thing where season two was a lot more elaborate to produce as they had strange "artsy" aspirations involving strict continuity and all that junk which they completely given up on since.

Yeah, what I meant was everyone else's schedule got a lot harder now that two of them have network shows and Charlie Day has movies and Rob's writing and directing a big movie. What they used to have to do just to fit Devito in they're doing for all 5 of them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That doll was so creepy. Were they cgi loving with it?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

Dude, have you never seen a sex doll? They're loving creepy.

No kidding. I guess it's that I've never seen one that's made to look like someone I know before. It was all kinds of weird.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I liked AP Bio.

Glenn's character is basically exiled into teaching high school and spends the whole season getting the kids to help him enact revenge against his nemesis. So you can kinda pretend it's what Dennis did while he was gone.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

Her name is also Ronald

That's why they call her the waitress, to avoid confusion

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

lol

The Bar Rescue show helped 214 bars throughout eight seasons. Only 101 are still open, meaning 113 have closed. That's a 47% success rate. In a few cases, the bars close for good before their episode even airs.

I would consider the success rate to be even lower if it didn't change their quality and they live through inertia

This is a pretty good success rate compared to Kitchen Nightmares, where something along the lines of 90% of them close after the show.

Those shows can do whatever they want in the tiny amount of time they spend with these businesses, but after they leave, the owner who drove it into the ground in the first place is still going to own it.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 15, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TraderStav posted:

May be the lighting, but the gang seems like they aged A LOT. Macs voice sounds strained and awkward. Dee looks like she got midlife collagen. Dennis with bags under his eyes. Charlie seems fine but Frank looks just gone.

Everyone but Charlie and Frank look like they've had some bad plastic surgery, but I dunno maybe it's just bad makeup/lighting.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm dying at Frank at the tournament

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, their gag is pretty spot on too. Also pretty funny Cranston and Paul happen to have a 25 year Mezcal under their brand & the Gang has a 15 year single barrel... So you know they just bought some product from a producer and did just slap their name & brand on it.

I assume that's the case for every celebrity except for the Coppolas' wine. Probably even Dan Aykroyd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I love they crammed probably all their guest stars for the season into one episode. Fun stuff.