Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

Billy Bob Thornton

Edit gently caress beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

Also noticed and appreciated the language shift from tranny and shemale earlier in the show. When I saw what this ep was gonna be about I admit I got a little worried but they handled stuff much more tastefully than they could have.

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

It didn't seem like what Dee and Charlie took were steroids, seemed like they were basically taking amphetamines.

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

Being Frank is only like 16/17 minutes

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Well he dated Carmen in S1, so yeah, it was always there in some way.

Its tough to know if they had any actual mind to say that he was closeted or repressed at the time or if it was just a general laugh about how much he overcompensates.

She's still a woman and he viewed her as such at the time, it's not a sign that he was gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, that's all I meant to say. He definitely wasn't gay at the start but it was obviously a joke to undermine his hyper masculine self identity with insecurities and blind spots and it just evolved.

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to try she wasn't a woman or anything like that. Just that obviously the way they played it was as Mac being defensive and secretive. But again, I think back in S1 it was just a gag at his macho behavior and how he wanted to be perceived. The actual "Mac is gay" stuff didn't start up until later.

I apologize for what I can see was obviously a super bad way to say it that kind of suggested Carmen was a gay dude.

Thanks for the reply, that's totally fair and I agree with you on it, actually.