Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

One of the more telling things was when Mac told the Priest, "And Dennis always tells me, never let someone's resistance stop you from getting what you want."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

potee posted:

No one should paint their face, so that's the rule and that's the end of that.

They gotta get rid of Charlie work too. Frank's painted black head to toe!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tPRuLu1JMs&t=81s

With slightly more context.

Also, Dennis the monster is probably overcorrecting since Pop-Pop is a Nazi.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Upmarket Mango posted:

They are not on Hulu.

They were when they originally posted that. Things move quick.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I wanted to watch Dee Day but forgot that Dee made them do blackface and they took that episode down.

I just saw it wasn't on Hulu and was wondering why. I didn't even remember that was one of the blackface episodes.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Scanning through Hulu, the missing episodes I see are:

S4E03 - America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest
S6E09 - Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth
S8E02 - The Gang Recycles Their Trash
S9E09 - The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6
S14E03 - Dee Day

So all the Taiwan Tammy / Martina Martinez episodes, and all the Lethal Weapon episodes.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

On Netflix, people interpreted depiction as endorsement for a certain show earlier this year without ever actually watching it, which did lead to a material drop in subscriptions.

There is a clear correct decision from a dollars and cents perspective, but that has nothing to do with lofty ideas like free speech and art.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If I don't tape my eyes back, how will people know I'm Bruce Lee and not just some other guy in a yellow jumpsuit?!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Gang Avoids Getting Cancelled

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

Twitter sources telling me she found the onions in a Wendys bathroom

I heard it was the dumpster behind the Wendy's.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I just started a rewatch. Lex Luthor mentions Guigino's way back in season 1!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Gang Makes a Music Video

https://youtu.be/k3zimSRKqNw

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Grade A prime beefcake with bodies that won't quit.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The rewatch continues. Here's an out of context quote from season 10 that made me double-take for all the wrong reasons.

Dee posted:

Well, you know the Chinese. It's like, business first, breathing second. Goddamnit!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I liked seeing Chip as Young GOB in Arrested Development. A highlight in a dire season.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

I'm rewatching AD at the moment and am on season 2... I can't remember where to stop. I saw the first Netflix season where they filmed them all separately or whatever, and that wasn't great but it was Arrested Developmenty enough I guess. Where should I call it quits if I don't want to get into deep suckage?

Season 3 is the last Fox season and a pretty good finale. Season 4 is fine and they work around not having all the cast there at once fairly well. Which edit is better seems to be starkly divided. Season 5 is not good. The pacing of the story and the jokes is off, and they do so much green screen of people vacantly staring at a camera that you'll notice it, even if you don't usually notice these things.

Season 4 is probably the last "good enough" season, but stopping there means basically hanging on a cliffhanger.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

After the Mick got cancelled I still kept seeing Jimmy in the Righteous Gemstones and El Camino. It was like the universe was trying to make amends.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Wonder how much it cost. Sometimes big things end up being surprisingly cheap. A while back there was a bankrupt airline that I realized that my middle-class rear end could have bought if I cleaned out my retirement funds.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rex and his body that won't quit is 5'11".

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rest in peace Biz Markie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklC7LrWIhY

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

spaced ninja posted:

Dear Chase,

I feel like I can call you Chase because you and me are so much a like. I would love to meet you someday. I know I can't throw as fast as you but I think you would impressed with my speed. I love your hair. You run fast. Did you have a good relationship with your father? Me neither. These are all the things we can talk about, and more. I know you have not been getting my letters because I know you would write back if you did. I hope you write back this time and we get to be good friends I am sure our relationship would be a real homerun!

Oh, poo poo! There's stickers!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ I had completely forgotten about "Crazy Paddy" :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPJqOgOfoho

That scene is from one of the episodes removed from Hulu. Martina Martinez and Taiwan Tammy were too much for the world.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Remind me again how this show releases on streaming. Next day or after it finishes?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

robot roll call posted:

they actually took down the Lethal Weapon episodes because Mel Gibson bought the rights to make their exact version of it

Hopefully, they traded for the rights to Passion of the Christ 2: Electric Boogaloo.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is all pointless anyway the blackface episodes aren’t coming back. People are just going to have to accept that at some point

The Puerto Rican Day from Seinfeld started being rerun in syndication with no fanfare after being banned for half a decade.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

There's also Old Black Man.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Cockblocktopus posted:

The actor died in April :smith:

gently caress

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

InfiniteZero posted:

There was also an episode of Louie (from before all the bad stuff came to light) where The Who wanted $300,000 to use "Who Are You" in the episode but eventually Pete Townshend was contacted directly and he asked to see how they intended to use the song and when he saw how it was used he asked for $7500 instead. I guess if you have the means to actually contact these people it's possible to negotiate, even though that seems weird to me because I thought most artists don't actually control or in many cases even own streaming rights to their own music.

Something like this even happened in Sunny, where they couldn't get past Conan's agent, so Charlie just asked him on national television instead.

https://classic.teamcoco.com/video/charlie-day-voice-over?playlist=x%3BeyJ0eXBlIjoidGFnIiwiaWQiOjYyNTF9

Faceless suits are always uptight, but most creators seem pretty cool.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Was that one long shot when Charlie was skating through the rink, or just clever editing?

Either way, it highlights how bad Dee's skate edit looked.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The roller rink episode was okay, but we've all heard half the jokes hundreds of times already. "There's no way *now ubiquetous technology* will ever take off".

If I wanted to hear those, I'd watch the other Glenn Howerton masterpiece, That '80s Show.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Takes No Damage posted:

Frank really is the world's greatest monster :smith:

https://i.imgur.com/QjRUG1F.mp4

Holy poo poo!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Trying to click onto the episode on Hulu out of the corner of your eye to avoid seeing the title is always fun times.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rewatching Mac's Big Break, an episode I barely remember at all, and Luthor Vandross gets his first (?) mention when Frank accidentally tapes over a mix tape.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Canonically, is Flintstones before, after, or during Jetsons? I know which one I'm rooting for.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Is "Mr" Quest an inside joke, or is the show so immemorable that multiple posters can't even remember what it's called?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The episode alone is just okay. But when rewatching the season as a whole, it's fun to see the 2-3 scenes that take place during other episodes.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

Oh yeah gently caress, of course. I thought for a second that was all retro footage of Mac' Dad.

For what it's worth, I feel like they can't use Luthor again after that.

In a show full of assholes, rapists, racists, addicts, maybe even a murderer or two, Luther rejecting his son like that just makes him a whole nother tier of bad guy, and I don't think they can do jokes with him anymore.

Luther Vandross with him offscreen was a fine gag, but I don't need to see him again.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, that's what I was hinting at. There's cartoon bad (99% of the characters) and there's exactly analogous to the real world kind of bad..

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Think Hulu is going to pull 2020: A Year in Review? Don't think the final punchline of who "our guy" is is going to land anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Presumably he gets royalties for Gold Digger playing over the credits, though I'm actually completely ignorant about how that kind of stuff actually works.