Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
How did they book Helium comedy club for a show featuring a garbageman, and a nobody?

Landslide rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hughmoris posted:

Looks like a button in a fur coat.

More of a ding than a dong

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

True, but dee dies incidentally to the main characters actions in those, not as a direct result or a conscious decision. Their fantasies just show Mac and Frank could give less of a poo poo about dee (Frank could give less of a poo poo about anyone).

edit: Also, thinking about it, if he and the waitress got together, what would happen to her when she didn't live up to his fantasies? we already got a mild taste of what he would do to her in the episode where he uses that rich girl.

In Mac's fantasy when the gang is telling him how cool he is, Dee isn't even there is she?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

That's like the third reference to it in the series and I still don't know exactly what it is.

Night crawlers? Its when you turn the lights out and crawl around your apartment like a worm. (Blankets could be dirt?)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Is that what it is? I always thought it involved feet for some weird horrible reason.

They explain it in the gang gets a new member. Schmitty was not a fan of Nightcrawlers.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Cage posted:

This is only vaguely sunny related, but it was still fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d97YCZdutF8

The philly radio hosts that were in "Mac's Big Break" find out their program director never ate certain kinds of fruit and film his reactions trying them for the first time.

He even acts like charlie when he tries a strawberry "Its like sand"

I love Preston and Steve

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Brock Samson posted:

I've been looking forward to this for months!

Same, I have such high expectations, I hope I'm not let down. I love the Feud

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol Charlie took the survey didnt he

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
de bow bow

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

I'd never looked at the production codes on wiki for Sunny before but it was pretty interesting what the order was for season 10:

1) The Gang Beats Boggs
2) Psycho Pete Returns
3) The Gang Spies Like U.S.
4) Charlie Work
5) The Gang Goes on Family Fight
6) Frank Retires
7) The Gang Misses the Boat
8) The Gang Group Dates
9) rear end Kickers United: Mac and Charlie Join a Cult
10) Mac Kills His Dad

i'm of the opinion that this season tried to write a more prevalent overarching story in this season than in others, and i feel like it plays out a lot better in production order than the way it aired - couple of episodes setting up how disconnected from reality the gang are, couple of episodes of everyone breaking down, and then they try to return to normalcy and wind up killing Jojo and Mac's dad in a nice double whammy

of course, if they don't actually give a poo poo about production codes, then i just look like a jabroni

I think this is right actually. My cable had the family fight episode listed as the current episode one week but it ended up being another episode, and the family fight episode aired later. I think at some point the definitely switched up the order.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i want to see the footage of him body slamming andre the giant and just see hulk replaced out so that andre the giant just kinda flops into the air and falls

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ithaqua posted:

It's the only episode of this show that I've never watched all the way through because I get bored after the first 5 minutes.

What a Bozo. I'm callin people Bozo now.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
TELL PEOPLE WE PUSHED YOU!!!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

lol the bird in the courtroom, does Charlie finally get to practice Bird Law?????

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Even the worst episode or worst season of sunny is better than most sitcoms that have existed since Seinfeld. Show owned, and continues to own.

If you don't agree:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Country loving Mac

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tenzarin posted:

Head in a box means I love you.

No thats moronic. Head in a freezer on the other hand..

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lord Krangdar posted:

This has me thinking, they've gone more and more blatant with the whole Mac is secretly gay thing but has he actually slept with a man? Even with The Tranny they seemed to imply they never went all the way because he was uncomfortable with her dick.

I dunno about the Taft episode so much, but in Mac Fights Gay marriage Carmen says that Mac slept with her before she had the surgery when Mac implies her husband or BF is gay for being with her.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
We're crab people!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I like the joke where Devito was playing his teenage self as a 70 yr old man, and the club owner and shadynasty both comment on how he looks like a child.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

many johnnys posted:

Has Mac ever tried to train people in Martial Arts? I'd like to see an episode where he opens a dojo in Paddies to train people, and they keep beating him, and he kicks them out. And he takes on ever more hopeless trainees. And this leads to a scene where, due to slippery floor or pulling a muscle or him hurting himself, he gets defeated by a small child.

not quite martial arts

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
very thundergun

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I dunno if it was a smut film or not but Grieco definitely hangs dong in it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

I also heavily identify with the dot-com girl who hadn't seen the original Lethal Weapons and maybe it would make more sense if we did

It wouldnt

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

There was a bear/deer/beer shirt that Mac wore, but that was years ago probably, I don't recall the specific episode.

hes worn it in a few episodes at least

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

She was just some girl with rich parents who wanted to play art dealer or something. I doubt she was really hip to the art world.

really the most unbelieveable part of the episode is that she would even admit this at all

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Sammus posted:

What about putting your kid in a room with 7 strangers and having him hang out in a small box while they have an orgy beside him?

The box is made to look like a space ship though, thats an important detail

and its sound proof!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i hope they just don't do a finale. They are almost always disapointing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

It's a dream sequence thing

yeah thats my guess

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EL BROMANCE posted:

I thought it was genuinely pretty unsettling, they did a really good job of filming it. We know enough about Dennis to know that he's not just a dummy whose words and intentions are easily misconstrued, for a sitcom episode that was pretty drat dark.

I don't even think you can say that his words and intentions were misconstrued here, he intended for her to feel unsafe and scared, by implying the implication. Thats the whole point of the implication.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Mac goes to Sexuality Realignment Camp

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

which I'm not sure anyone could drink, no matter how messed up they were:

There were plenty of mixers on the ship to cut it with

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Sleeveless posted:

I learned this the hard way when I tried to get high off of earing cat food.

you dont eat cat food to get high, you eat it to feel sick so you can fall asleep

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

I ate dog food before (evidence in GBS) and that got me neither high nor sleepy. Do they put something special in cat food that isn't in doggie lunch?

were you the guy who wore the pirate hat and ate dog food because you were trying to save money while living in a dorm? Beneful I think it was?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I would like to see a goon eat dog food.

One dude in a pirate hat ate wet dog food, then some other goon (maybe the one in this thread) ate dry dog food, but decided it would be more pallateable if they did it like cereal with milk.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Tons of network sitcoms over the last 20 years will have had more episodes than Always Sunny because of the short seasons

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

"Seasons" is a terrible metric when it literally can mean anything the TV dudes want. Some shows have 2 seasons in a single year. If you want to compare lengths I'd say first episode air date to last episode air date.

in that case wouldn't it be The Odd Couple? 1970 - Present

(number of episodes is the only metric that really makes sense but whatever its pretty meaningless)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I actually remember that commercial! (Don't think I ever saw the one with the lawyer in it when it was running)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Episode was good, and also helped reveal the goons who hate fun