Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Does anyone know if there exists an uncensored version of Charlie's spiders song from The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award? I love the hell out of that song and FX's bleeping completely spoils it for casual listening. I was hoping it'd be uncensored when the episode came to Netflix, but no such luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Heads up if you decide to go to Wikipedia to see what upcoming episode titles are, they also include one-sentence abstracts that are inexplicably spoiler heavy, to the point that in one case it spoils the death of a significant character in the show.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

God Hole posted:

What like "Mac and Charlie Die" ?

No.

bunky posted:

That's not a "significant character."

I'm trying to not be a jabroni by dropping any hints.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

LividLiquid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

There is literally nothing more boring to read than a rankings list posted with zero backup explanation by a stranger on the internet.

I humbly invite you to the Radiohead thread.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

mcmagic posted:

LOL @ those Dan and Dave cameos. This was a billion times better than the awful first one.

What other episode(s) were they on? I only know of them writing/directing Flowers for Charlie.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

drunken officeparty posted:

shut up babydick

Be nice, he's been poisoned by his constituents.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I always like it when MST3K pops up elsewhere. Much of my childhood was religiously watching that show and not knowing a single other person in real life who had even heard of it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The actor who played Carmen's husband is enjoying the High Life with The Maniac these days :(

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I am very excited to see what they're going to do with gay Mac. Here's one thing that I hope happens: he starts dating a guy named Dennis. Also, the original Dennis hates new gay Dennis more than anything in the world. Even more than he hates Mac.

This sounds perfect and I really, really need to see this happen.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

God drat, Dee

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I watched the latest Mick and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver back to back and I loved seeing the same karaoke joke twice.

Also it took a while but after these last two episodes I am fully on board with The Mick.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPHlMy7B1yM

Portgual The Man is a good band and you should listen to them. :angel:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Latest episode of the Mick was pretty amazing. Only thing better than Alba is Alba on shrooms.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Kaitlin and Mac were on this week's episode of The F Word and it was kind of cute! Gordon Ramsay almost set Sweet Dee on fire.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

http://www.chardonnayandadderall.com

:staredog:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I think my favorite part of that is the inclusion of Donnie Reynolds.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Sabrina going full “I am a golden god” was amazing. Really this whole show is hitting its stride, and certainly is helping fill the sunnyless void.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

It’s on Netflix in the US.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gonna miss the Netflix style subtitles which flow so much better with the show over Hulu’s subtitles.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I’m caught up on Stranger Things so really at this point I have no reason to keep Netflix. Plus Hulu has the latest season so I can now relive PTSDee on demand

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

i miss Country Mac and Roxie. :(

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Double Mick post:

Dumbfoundead cameo??? What

Also I'm pretty sure the Mick characters have comitted more actual crimes than Sunny. At least on a scale from number of episodes to serious crimes.

They certainly are on their way to having a higher body count.

The Mick is so great.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

First three episodes of AP Bio are on Hulu. I wouldn’t say it gets much better after the first episode, but it’s alright. It has potential but it’s got a long way to get to the quality of The Mick.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Bust Rodd posted:

Ill just say it, the first two episodes of the Mick sucked and i would have never ever heard about it again if it weren't for this single thread. I haven't gone back in for the rest

Does AP have kids in it? I just don't think kids are funny.

High schoolers, as the show title implies.

And you really should give The Mick a second chance, it gets steadily better with each episode.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

People don't like the ski episode? It was a huge hit here when it aired.

I thought it was great but my wife, who wasn’t really familiar with those kinds of 80s movies, was unimpressed.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The Mick is so, so good, you guys.

AP Bio... not so much.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mick’s Always Sunny in AP Bio

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Holy gently caress Chip with the javelin. :stonk:

EDIT: HOLY gently caress MICK. I swear this show is far more graphic than Sunny despite being on network tv.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 28, 2018

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I knew there’d be one in the chamber and I thought that maybe she’d graze Alba with it or something. I was not expecting it to go in and then show a close up of it :gonk:

Really after Chip’s sandwich accident, I should not be surprised by any of this. I think this is what I get for thinking to myself Alba’s injuries were not realistic enough when she totaled her car a few months ago.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Kanish posted:

I like AP Bio but man, they have no idea what to do with the other 3 teacher characters. The B-Plots are so so bad. But its still early, and most shows need time to find their footing.

The constant sterile, flat lighting in the show annoys me more.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The way she was swinging it and the path this show had been going, I fully expected it to slip out of her hands and into Mick’s abdomen.

The lightning and ensuing pants making GBS threads was a nice result too

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Sabrina is prepping to be the Colonel’s understudy in season 3.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

This is absolute dog poo poo.

Any chance The Mick will migrate to FX(X)?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Cojawfee posted:

Rumor is that Fox won't own the three cancelled shows anymore because of the Disney thing, so they cancelled them.

I hope that means it’s eligible to be picked up by another network, but even if so it seems Brooklyn 99 is overshadowing any outrage or fan demand to save The Mick.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Thumposaurus posted:

NBC is rescuing Brooklyn 99.
Maybe done other network will do the same for The Mick.

I don’t see a network picking it up, but The Mick might do well on a channel like Comedy Central or on Netflix.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I really hope Donovan McNabb Tiger Woods Don Cheadle Geoffrey Owens can be brought back, in light of all that’s happened with him lately.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Kloaked00 posted:

Maybe it's just because it's been a while since last season, but when did Charlie and the Waitress get together?

Last season finale. Charlie immediately realized what a huge mistake it was.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Baronjutter posted:

Didn't she already marry a FtM and have a kid?

Yes although she’s now a widow :sympathy:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

One minor visual joke that cracked me up was Dee’s reaction when first arriving by the flamingoes because in real life flamingoes smell REALLY BAD. It was just a moment where she had a clear “wtf is this stench?!” look on her face that was extremely relatable.

So of course she then proceeds to spend half the episode standing in front of the smelly trash birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Anyone else a little disappointed Big Mo wasn’t the beefcake from Mac Day?