Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I felt the commentary in this last episode was a large club that beat me relentlessly about the head and neck, and by the end I was begging for the subtlety of South Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hoffbonics posted:

Nothing weird here, just a normal everyday interview with Chad Coleman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axVH37F0ds

I forgot he was in the Walking Dead. I'm too busy posting about hating the show that I don't remember what happens.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

PittTheElder posted:

No, I like the show (probably due purely to the fact I've been watching it for the last 5 years), but it's not great, certainly not Best Comedy material.

As dumb as it is that only 2 shows have won Best Comedy in those 7 years, I really wonder if I shouldn't at least try to watch Modern Family, but it just doesn't look very good.

I always thought that Modern Family was an attempt at making an Arrested Development. But then I really don't know because I've only watched one episode because I hate mockumentary style things, and the shaky handheld camera made me sick. The constant rocking back and forth, quick cuts, fast zooms, and ridiculous auto-focus movements are terrible and should be banned.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just saw Pacific Rim, Charlie owns the whole movie.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

PA is all kinds of weird. You can only buy cases and kegs of beer at beer distributors. You can only buy wine and liquor at state owned stores. There are other odd places that you have to find if you want to buy 6-packs and 40's. I suppose a gas station could sell beers if it was specifically licensed to do so.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The promo for tonight looks awesome
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202226507252930&set=vb.10473091455&type=2&theater

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

That was a great episode.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Everything about this is great.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Was Charlie wearing his Green Man outfit under his suit during the chase scene?

He was wearing a green shirt the whole time.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I died laughing at Dennis' over the top Philly accent when he said "hoagie" in the opening scene. Calling it "The WaWa" rather than just "WaWa" was a good touch.

Also, WaWa hoagies used to be upscale Subway, but since they changed their rolls, its above-average Subway at best.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My buddy saw Mac at PHL, picking up his bags and getting into a rental car shuttle like a normal person. Said he had to be no taller than 5'7".

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

deong posted:

Does he seem taller on the show?

I don't know, everyone on TV looks tall. My friend specifically said the internet was full of poo poo and he was no way as tall as it said.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This was a very funny episode, not really "good", but I like the weird episodes.

They used that Talkin Baseball song for the end credits of a Simpsons episode 23 years ago that also featured Wade Boggs. I think the Simpsons version was specially recorded to have lyrics that reflected the episode.

quote:

Wade Boggs is a former baseball player. He was hired at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant as a janitor, but it was actually intended for him to play for the plant's softball team. He couldn't play in the last game because he got in an argument with Barney at Moe's Tavernover who is the greatest English Prime Minister. Boggs argued for Pitt the Elder while Barney argued for Lord Palmerston. In the end, Barney knocked Boggs out.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Guy A. Person posted:

I literally did not realize it was an actual song that the Simpson's changed the lyrics to until last night.

On the one hand I feel like the kind of obnoxious person who reverses which artist covered another artist's song (like the David Bowie story about kids thinking he covered Nirvana when he would play "Man Who Sold the World"). On the other hand, that ignorance kind of makes me feel young again.

Wasn't really a cover, the Simpsons had the original guy sing it with the new lyrics.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Last episode had some strong points, but it fizzled out at the end.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

gently caress y'all, this was the funniest episode in years. But it wouldn't have worked without it being a musical.

Glad they returned filming to Philly.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm gonna rewatch The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell because I love this goofy poo poo.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dunno, I think The Gang Squashes their Beefs was the worst episode.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Cricket ran further in that opening scene than Rocky's training montage.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Not impressed by The Mick. It's just Sweet Dee living out her fantasy as leader of the gang, except her gang is children now. And that fat lady who is some kind of Artemis/Frank lovechild is bad.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Baronjutter posted:

It's like when I watched the new season of Arrested Development, the jokes weren't landing, something felt "off" about the whole thing.

It was Portia de Rossi's new face.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

freeranger posted:

Well thanks to this thread I just discovered that Rickety Cricket is married to Emily Deschanel. And he also appeared in an episode of WWE Raw back in 2003 as Denny Mullet :vince:

Wow I dont remember this existing at all

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mullets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Wow I was stressing through every clip like I was watching the game again. Also the weirdest thing is they played the Rocky victory music cued at the exact moment after the hail mary was incomplete. In real life at that moment in the game I had picked up my son and started dancing and singing that music myself. Stupidstitions.