Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

muscles like this? posted:

Is that the first time we've seen the pantry? Usually the only parts of the bar we see are the main area and the office.

Pretty sure they try to hide there in the hurricane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Charlie watching CSPAN certainly put a new light on what he does in his free time.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I can skip Frank's Brother most times but it does have one of the most memorable lines for me:

"So is it me, or the drugs"
"Drugs!"
"What?"
"Drugs! I choose drugs!"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Did they ever actually air the Christmas episode? It came out on DVD.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

That was a pretty weak episode for me. Two weeks of call backs in a row is a little much. Seeing half the jokes coming a mile away didn't help the jokes land. That being said, the new stuff was on point as always.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

During the previews I really was down on this concept, thinking it'd be another imagined success like the high school reunion. Having them play it straight was the last thing I expected and it wasn't perfect but drat it was good and really interesting.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Sitcom characters always turn into caricatures of themselves given enough seasons. It's best to accept it and move on.

In the early seasons of Friends Joey gets mad at his dad for slicing garlic instead of crushing it. By the end he thinks he's holding his breath by breathing through his mouth and is otherwise unsurvivably dumb.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I think the gang just views whatever will make you violently sick as a good source of intoxication.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

You haven't puked if you don't puke like that.

That's black out for a couple of days puke.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

gently caress it, 7 minutes left in the episode, it's loving hilarious.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Mac getting fat just so they can do jokes about him being fat is an amazing commitment to being funny.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Nah, different things land for different people. I liked the first two episodes a lot and the only thing that was good for me this episode was Dee being unfunny as the wacky neighbor. Oddly enough having ones that aren't funny for everyone seems to work. I know the next one will probably be funny, because there's always one or two every season I don't like, but there's always a ton more good than bad in each season. One episode being off isn't a big deal because they've shown they can recover well, or maybe weren't even off in the first place!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I somehow ended up following that girl from last episode on Instagram and holy poo poo I need to get my daughter in to dance classes, that girl is incredibly talented. Good for her to parlay that into acting.

e: I mean the waterpark episode.

Grem fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 24, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Haha, Charlie Day is just great.

http://uproxx.com/sports/charlie-day-green-man-asu-basketball/

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

A.P. Bio was pretty good, nice Dennis focused episode.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

The key to the Mick, and I'm sure it'll be the same for AP Bio, is the main character being irredeemably horrible. Hopefully they don't get too soft with the crazy kid and make Glen (don't even remember the characters name) some sort of actual competent mentor.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

AP Bio just had Jack (it's Jack, right? I don't remember, he's just Dennis to me) becoming one of the townies, I'm not sure it's going the right way.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Dennis is gonna end up with the teacher that shits herself by the end of season 2.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Was the baby bird story from when Dennis hosed that hippy?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I'm betting it sticks, they've been pretty good about stuff like that.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

All the kids lost a body part by now, right? Or at least had their body altered.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

She lost her big toe.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

He's a philosophy professor.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Bushmaori posted:

I feel you severely underestimate the popularity of Minecraft

Minecraft is dead. Long live Fortnight.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

So are Kaitlin Olson and Rob McElhenney.
And so are Glenn Howerton and Danny Devito.

And Rob's girlfriend before Kaitlin was the girl who was originally going to be Dee. She was replaced when they broke up.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oh my loving GOD shut up about PC and South Park and whatever else you jabronis have been going in circles about for the last five pages.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Jimmy is in a Netflix movie called Rim of the World, which is a decently acted movie for a bunch of kids....and he does, of course, a good job with the horrible writing available.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Plus the main characters are presented as awful stupid people.

It's why RDJ could do a whole freaking movie in blackface

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

Always Sunny has changed in lots of ways, but it's the nature of the show taking it's characters seriously despite their insanity.

They started off in their 20's, living a dream of owning a bar together. Now they're hurtling into middle age still in the same situation and the show acknowledges that.

The changes in Dennis are my favourite for being some of the most subtle. He still acts basically the same, but the poo poo which once worked for him now fails most of the time.

Too bad the name Arrested Development was already taken!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

It's so weird seeing Mary Lynn Rajskub who plays Gail the snail. My first time seeing her was on 24 as Chloe O'Brien. I wonder how she even decided to do this gig. Maybe a friend of someone on the show and thought it would be fun?

It's weird seeing that one McPoyle as a McPoyle now that he's been in some pretty high falutin stuff like Westworld

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah I think that it just naturally happens with longer running shows unless you actively try to avoid it. The term describing it, “flanderization”, comes from the way it happened to Ned Flanders in the Simpsons

The best example I always think of for it is Joey from Friends. In the beginning he's just kinda goofy and not very book smart. By the end of the season he's so dumb that surviving as an adult would be almost impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

My favorite one off joke from a no one character is when they're going into some guy's apartment, D is pregnant, and the dude watching the door looks her up and down and says "you pregnant" then just let's her go.

Wait I just looked it up and that was Z too!