Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

It's the little touches. Landslide saying "And I'm a garbage man!" and Charlie saying "He's YOUR garbage man, you've met him!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Because of the implications.

[Edit] Ah, sorry, on the mobile app I just saw the ?.

Dave Angel fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 9, 2013

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I actually thought the opposite of a lot of you. I though this season had been kind of disappointing so far but this episode was just fantastic

I agree somewhat. I think this series has maintained a high standard but hasn't quite been hitting the peaks that the best episodes of series 7 and 8 managed. This latest episode has been fantastic though, my favourite of the series (edging out The Gang Broke Dee), and a true slice of classic Always Sunny.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

robot roll call posted:

Worked out great for Seinfeld.

It did pave the way for that incredible Jerry Seinfeld in Oz video.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Which leads to remembering another awesome bit from an episode from way back:

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

You're going to have to go back to the start and demonstrate your value all over again.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Wasn't he also in High School Reunion and Pop-Pop: The Final Solution?

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Don't forget L.A. Confidential. But I guess that was all very... Hush-hush.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Electromax posted:

More people should do that, the only other DVD I've seen that on is Spinal Tap and it's amazing, it's almost like an entire second Spinal Tap movie.

UK comedy Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (which was awesome) had a DVD release where all 6 episodes had in-character commentary tracks from the fictional production team.

Robert Downey Jr also apparently made all his contributions to the Tropic Thunder commentary in character as Kirk Lazarus/Lincoln Osiris, possibly as a callback to his line, "I don’t drop character ’til I’ve done the DVD commentary."

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

We never found out what Frank's possibly terminal illness was :ohdear:

Sounds like the doctor says he has a malignant tumour on his frontal lobe. Which would explain a lot, really.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Thinking back to the skiing episode, given what we know about Dave Drisko by the end of the episode... do you think he came in that burrito?

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Dennis Looks Like a TVIV Mod

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Powaqoatse posted:

Yeah. Dennis isn't fat, and doesn't think he's fat (hence the popping off the shirt), but he's very afraid of being seen as fat (again, with the shirt and the golden god).

Old Black Man sees him as fat, which (if Dennis knew) would probably kill him.

I dunno, he looks pretty fat in this picture of him here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Powaqoatse posted:

thats the child molester who is fat and looks like dennis.

:thejoke: