Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

FadingChord posted:

They sent him to a nitwit school.

I think that might be all we know?

I think one of them may have donkey brains. Unless that is like alcoholism, which skips a generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Brock Samson posted:

Dee I will slap you in the teeth!

I'll never stop loving the ways in which Dennis will correct Dee. Ever.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

The gang making boat sounds was great, I'm glad they stretched that out as long as they did.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

The one literally called "The Gang Gets Trapped"?

I guess you could theoretically mean The World Series defense where they find all those corpses in that torture dungeon.

The torture dungeon at the 'Oliday Inn? (that's my favorite running joke in that episode, that and the Philly Frenetic)

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Millions of Crows posted:

Should we use this thread to talk about the Mick? So far it can accurately be described as Sweet Dee Babysits Rich Kids. Like it's an IASP side story. That isn't a bad thing.

I had low expectations of the show, but wow did they really make it like a IASIP side story. Loved it.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Phanatic posted:

What's the perfect introductory episode to Always Sunny? If you were going to try to get someone hooked on the show, what's the one that really sums up each character and what you can expect more of?

By way of example, for Archer that episode is Placebo Effect, where he finds his cancer meds have been replaced with sugar pills and Zima by the Irish mob and he goes on a rampage. Every character is involved in a way that perfectly sets off that character, but doesn't require any contextual awareness on the part of the viewer. What's it for Always Sunny?

I think The Gang Exploits a Miracle would be a great intro. Charlie and Frank are scheming, Dennis is obsessed with his image, Dee is a stupid bird bitch who tries to seduce a priest and then when she finally wins him over she doesn't care anymore, Mac is a religious zealot, and you get a first glimpse of Cricket before he falls apart. It's not my favorite episode by far, but I think it's a great glimpse in to their characters.

edit:

mastajake posted:

The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis.

Oooh, this too.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

The only real complaint I have about this season is that Dennis has too much hair.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

A check box poll isn't the best measure. A pairwise comparison is what will be best, but it will take time to fill out. My wife and I have been talking about completing one for a while, but I'm concerned it may destroy our marriage.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

He's a master of karate, among other things.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Does anyone other than Dany Devito eat hotdogs that way where he pushes the dog up so it sticks out of the bun. It's all I can focus on in that scene.

Does he eat his hotdogs that way in both Bums: Making a Mess All Over the City and The Gang Saves the Day? I read my wife the first line of your post and she thought of one episode and I thought of the other. Trying to figure out now what other episodes Frank eats a hotdog in...

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Also, Charlie doing drugs? He's never done drugs on the show. This was a bad episode.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but Charlie has a very well covered glue huffing addiction.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but....

https://crowtein.bandcamp.com/releases

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

MOVE TO STRIKE

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

I remember when I watched the first and second episode and got the plot of parents go away now Dee is the mom, I was expecting Alba to disappear too. Shame that it never happened :saddowns:

The kid would be tolerable if he showed up as much as like Cricket or Waitress. He is a huge part of almost every episode and I hate it.

This is wrong and you are wrong.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Rabbit Hill posted:

Is there any legal means to watch Season 12 right now? It's not up on Hulu or Netflix yet.

Less than ideal, given the cost, but Amazon has it:
https://www.amazon.com/Its-Always-Sunny-Philadelphia-Season/dp/B01MQUD8HB

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Calaveron posted:

And the new season is STILL NOT ON IT

Yeah, they've always typically waited until a week or so before the new season starts to add it. It will likely be on by January (even though Sunny won't have a new season for a while), but yeah - Hulu has the new season first this time around.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Well that sucks. Good thing my wife was so insistent that we get Hulu as well.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

The Gang Gets Trapped is the standard by which all bottle episodes should be measured. I must have watched this episode 20 times and it never stops being funny.

I am a Swedish plumber.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Yeah. If they don't, the show has no chance of being funny.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Dude I don’t really know what to tell you but in MOST SCHOOLS that offer AP courses, they aren’t always going to the most qualified person. If you live in a rural area and want to take AP classes, your teacher probably has their certification and a couple of extended education credits in that field but having a masters/graduate/doctoral degree in your subject matter is absolutely not a requirement for high school education.

If Glenn’s character has a valid teaching certification, a very real possibility is that he was the only person who wanted the job.

I grew up in the mountains, my high school had like 1,200 students total, we didn’t have a deep pool and offered a full compliment of AP courses taught by basically the same 4 people who wanted the extra money.

Edit: my fraternity brother was a history major and he is literally teaching AP English outside Philadelphia right now, because no one else wanted his job at his particularly terrible school.

The show is set in Toledo, so this checks out.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Caganer posted:

why does mac own a nutcracker when he has his powerful hands

Maybe Uncle Jack comes by from time to time.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

I'm hoping that the Colonel lives through this all and ends up with Ben, and the rest of them all fall victim to their horrible selves.

The spin-off series, however, will be "Ben and The Colonel" and will effectively be a "Weekend At Bernie's" for television.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Frank’s Little Beauties: IASIP, The Mic, & AP Bio

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

Frank's Little Beauties may be some of the most uncomfortable television i've ever seen

"A great big pain my..... vvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaagina!"

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It wasn't officially out early, it leaked via :filez:. So, maybe?

No - FX+ offers FX shows three(?) days in advance of the air date. You can pay 5.99 a month to get the episode early every week.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

No, the guy to her right

The guy to her right is Charlie Day, co-creator and star of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

The other guy to your right

The person to my right is my wife, and she doesn't appreciate being called "guy" thank you very much.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I haven't done filez for years but I'm about ready to start looking for torrents. If I am paying for cable I shouldn't have to resort to torrents to watch something that is part of my subscription if I have to go to bed before it airs so I can go to work to earn $$$ to pay for my cable service. Can't wait for the system to completely implode.

Does your cable provider have video on demand? We missed last week's episode due to Verizon airing the FX stream of American Horror Story instead of the FXX stream and we watched the episode the next day.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I mentioned that in the first post. On demand had been delayed. Now it doesn't appear to be available at all unless I pay an additional fee.

Missed that post. That sucks. I don't think that is an FX thing though, since I don't have issues watching this season's episodes on demand through my provider. Your cable provider should get hosed.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

The Sean posted:

It's not the same thing, but in one episode a jewish man comes in and states that his property extends into the bar and there's a whole battle about that. The gang jumps ship and almost all end up working at the applebees-ish place the waitress works at. I think they end up burning his building down or something. I think I'm remembering that accurately.

Speaking of waitress, I'm glad they've kept her name anonymous still. I hope that they continue through the whole series and don't do some reveal like Cosmo Kramer.

I think you just combined "The Gang Sells Out" and "The Gang Goes Jihad" in to one episode.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

tarlibone posted:

Oh yes! Invisible airwaves crackle with life; and bright antennae bristle with the energy. There is emotional feedback that occurs on a timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond price--and almost for free.

I love you

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m just gonna head this thing off at the pass and say that Frank’s Brother isn’t anywhere near as bad as Who Pooped the Bed?, Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer, The Gang Spies like U.S., or half of Season 1.

Who Pooped the Bed is one of the top 15 episodes. I don't disagree that Frank's Brother isn't the worst (although there are a lot of people who definitely feel that way) but I just can't see how someone doesn't love Who Pooped the Bed. Dee's header in to the car door alone make's that episode an instant classic.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Artemis’s whole speech at the end and the accompanying montage is just one of my least favorite IASIP moments in the entire show, and Dee’s head denting the car is the only bright spot in that miserable turd of an episode.

You know something? You are just a big mean jerk.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Nah Dennis and Mac trying to curry favor with the rebels and then betraying them is as good a plot as they’ve ever had.

Charlie spitting in Cricket's face is great. You can even see him break character at one point because he spits right in his mouth.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Sucks that Charlie apparently died before that picture or something.

No no no. It's Frank who died. With Charlie being Frank's son it is natural that he would grow up to look like him.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Well someone on the cast has it:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/25/always-sunny-philadelphias-glenn-howerton-shocked-excited-season-14-premiere-10808924/

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The gang gets quarantined two electric boogaloo

yes please

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

...denim chicken...?

Everyone knows those aren't for eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Red is not a flavor. How are you going to taste red?

However the hell he wants, because he is an American. Rock, flag, and eagle!