Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
What I thought of the first volume of I Am A Hero:

While I've never read a manga before this, and only remembered after a while that it's read from right to left so I had to go restart, it really caught my attention. I'm the kind of person that would rather just watch something than read it, too. (Spoilers for the whole volume 1) The horror plot was pretty easily guessed, catching me off guard at first thought -- what with the guy appearing from under the bed, then vanishing again. The main character having so many issues is kind of interesting as well. Being schizophrenic, scared of everything, insecure, etc. Him repeating "I am a Hero" to get himself through the day is great, just really adding some flavour to the character. The flu/virus was kind of expected as well, although I thought of something more along the lines of Crazies instead of Zombies, since the first news report talked about a old man setting his old folks home on fire. The art is great as well, and I love the main characters albeit goofyness such as when he randomly starts dancing for his oudon, him pissing on that chubby-guy he always imagines, and a bunch of other stuff. While I did expect his girlfriend to end up being sick, I didn't actually expect him to well, run into her so early on. No idea what happens in the next volume, but I'd guess he probably shoots her, so it's neat in a way that the author is ready to straight up kill off the main characters girlfriend, if not albeit dark.

Overall, I enjoyed reading through that and will probably read the rest. Haven't looked at any of the other suggested Mangas in the OP thought, should probably do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU