Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah yhe anime has only got to the parts that completely disavow the shonen-ey parts of it.

I dont want to say anything explocit about the manga right now: but goddamn if it isnt really loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RareAcumen posted:

I'm sure someone will swoop in to properly apply links to this afterwards but here're a couple of my recommendations.

Have you heard of Kenshiro?

This is not him, though I can understand getting confused by the resemblance.

Super Doctor K Action, Drama, Shounen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFvOwyIzGN8&t=203s

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Captain Invictus posted:

Apologies for the triple post, but Dorohedoro just finished, and finished pretty strong. The story got pretty jumbled for a bit but it sorted itself out and the epilogue(spoilers, obviously) is excellent.

Oh, and also, and this I say with a fuckin' LOT of dread because it's one of the only series I don't think can truly be done justice in animated form, but along with the final chapter they have announced an anime. No studio name announced yet, but I fuckin' hope it's a good one, and they have a huge budget, because they're going to absolutely need it for making the world of Dorohedoro as filthy as possible, and the characters as grungy as possible. If there's a surface that isn't caked in gore, debris, rot, decay, or rust, the anime will be a failure

Remember those Ren and stimpy gross close-ups

just animate those

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pigasus posted:

This manga is amazing! Thank you for the recommendation.

It’s such a deeply wistful manga, but its sweetness makes it fun to read. I know some of you are nervous about the inevitable deaths of the human characters, but considering the pace and themes of the story, I think the manga encourages you to enjoy the moment and make the most out of a good time or memory.

So don’t sweat it, try to see the merits of the story for the moment, and make the most of the moments you are left not knowing when or how it ends.

Everyone dies in the end.

except the weirdo lazy elf girl who will never die.
She would grow moss if she didnt have other people.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I must say the wish to destroy Souboutei (DESTROY SOUBOUTEI) is incredibly infectious.
I just have the most goofy smile on my face while reading it, its great!

E:^^ Keep up the good work!

e2: Lol at the sass the team gave you though

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 16, 2020